• Show
Clear All

• C3DG Geographic Poster

what do you think?

Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Not bad...

You might have just found a good way for some of us to financially support the site... hmm....
    Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

You might have just found a good way for some of us to financially support the site...
      lol not exactly my top intention
      if there are people who would like something like that, i'd love to be the one to think it and make it availiable

btw, there has to be a way for the whole map to be "shadow-less"......

Comment

I've tried some tricks in Photoshop. It's possible, but the results aren't so good yet.
        RIAA sucks
        The Optimistas
        I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Originally posted by Aro
          I've tried some tricks in Photoshop. It's possible, but the results aren't so good yet.
          Ever seen those historical regional maps, where it shows a whole continent, and has lightly faded in areas within the borders of empires, but has multiple empires on it that overlap during a time sequence?

My thinking is that it would be awesome to show each of our borders at staggered times in the game, from when we were small in the jungle, to expanding through war with Americas, then French, Persians, French again, Rome, Germany, Zulu, whatever, etc to our present empire,...?

Anyone follow me?....someone must know what I'm talking about...

Otherwise, the poster looks awesome, good job!! I'd most likely buy one...
          Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
          Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

If I get the earlier saves, from the very beginning, I can do that ( I'll need some help to locate the principal saves, month by month)... Good project!
            I can start now, if I lose; one month later, if I win.
            Well, we don't need to rush...
            RIAA sucks
            The Optimistas

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
              btw, there has to be a way for the whole map to be "shadow-less"......
              We can use the saves editor to reveal the entire map. This would make it shadow-less, but would also constitute as cheating.
              Perhaps we can do another map such as this once the game is won, with completely revealed terrain.
              "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
              And the truth isn't what you want to see,
              Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
              - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Great idea. As long as my copy is personally signed by Aro - as the President of The AGS.

As a matter of fact - I'm sure you could add his signature to each copy via some method. Would be a nice touch.
                Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

I think we could probably reveal the entire map with older saves without really cheating... Most of the things we would have discovered by now anyway.
                  Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
                  King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
                  ---------
                  May God Bless.

Comment

As a matter of fact - I'm sure you could add his signature to each copy via some method. Would be a nice touch.
                    of course! if aro has a scanner....

Comment

If he hasn't got one at home, I'm sure he can find one at work (he's a cartoonist).
                      "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                      And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                      Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                      - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Yep, I have a scanner. Actually, I use a Wacom tablet...

Here's a nick-signature...
                        Attached Files
                        RIAA sucks
                        The Optimistas

Comment

...And my professional signature (as cartoonist):
                          Attached Files
                          RIAA sucks
                          The Optimistas

Comment

Isn't there a hack/program/cheat in one of the forums that allows a person to reveal the whole map? If so, this would be technically feasible.

Though I do think Apolytonia's borders should at least be outlined
                            First Civ3DG: 3rd and 4th Term Minister of Public Works. | Second Civ3DG: First Term Vice President | ISDG: Ambassador in the Foreign Affairs Ministry | Save Apolyton! Kill the Off-Topic Forum!

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
                            The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteBandit
                              Isn't there a hack/program/cheat in one of the forums that allows a person to reveal the whole map? If so, this would be technically feasible.
                              Hmmm... No, only after the end of the game.

Though I do think Apolytonia's borders should at least be outlined
                              I can agree with this. I'll make a map of Apolytonia in the end of the 7th Term (glorious term!), with borders.

But not today...
                              RIAA sucks
                              The Optimistas

Comment

Working...
                              X