No announcement yet.

A guide to the Apolytonian Judiciary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My list (which is derived from the Term 7 Directory, and will be going in the Term 8 Directory) says Nimitz's term is also up this month. Don't know which is correct; but I got the list for the Term 7 Directory from GodKing.

Edit: And IIRC, last turnchat I was attended, Nimitz himself said his term was ending along with Sheik's, so this definitely needs to be worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Kloreep
      My list (which is derived from the Term 7 Directory, and will be going in the Term 8 Directory) says Nimitz's term is also up this month. Don't know which is correct; but I got the list for the Term 7 Directory from GodKing.

Edit: And IIRC, last turnchat I was attended, Nimitz himself said his term was ending along with Sheik's, so this definitely needs to be worked out.
      This can be resolved very quickly... I'm just going to look back about ~60 days and see if Nimitz was appointed at the same time as GodKing or not.

Looking now...
      Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
      Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
      7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Easy enough to find out.

Nimitz was appointed by MWIA, meaning that this is his last term. MWIA and Arnelos double appointments, so Aggie made a single one. Since we have five justices, every third term there will only be a single appointment. The next single appointment term will be next month.

(I might be wrong about the above, but that's what I think -- I'm very unsure)

-- adaMada

EDIT: Was incorrect about some of single/double appointment terms after reviewing what Arnelos posted; fixed now.
        Last edited by adaMada; January 19, 2003, 18:13.
        Civ 3 Democracy Game:
        PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
        Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

Found 'em...

Sheik was appointed by MrWIA 3 months ago (his term is up) in this thread

Nimitz was appointed by MrWIA 3 months ago (his term is up) in this thread

GodKing was appointed by Aggie 2 months ago (1 month left) in this thread

Togas was appointed by myself 1 month ago (2 months left) in this thread

jdjdjd was appointed by myself within the past month in this thread to finish the term of notyoueither, who I appointed 1 month ago in this thread. jdjdjd thus has 2 months left of what was originally notyoueither's term.

----------------

So, yes, Nimitz's term is indeed up.
          Last edited by Arnelos; January 19, 2003, 18:08.

Comment

If civman2000 wants to use those links I just dug up, no problem. Same if someone wants to put them in the Court thread or the directory.

Comment

Votes and opinion authors are up! I have two questions though:
              1. Was Case 8 unanimous? It seems to be implied in the decision, but there may have been an abstention so please someone in the court let me know about this.
              2. Who wrote the primary concurring opinion in Case 9, jdjdjd or Nimitz?

Comment

Bump, i still need the above questions answered. Also, Case 9 has been updated because of Aro's reappointments of Sheik and Nimitz.

Comment

Case 10 is up! Comments?

Comment

You won! Pointlessly! Yah!
                    “...This means GCA won 7 battles against our units, had Horsemen retreat from 2 battles against NMs, and lost 0 battles.” --Jon Shafer 1st ISDG

Comment

I've been busy so I haven't been able to put information on the judges up (for the old ones it takes a lot of drudging through old threads, though the old directories are helpful)...hopefully sometime this week I'll get that done.

Comment

Working...
                      X