Senate Bill: Authorizing Seti to build the palace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senate Bill: Authorizing Seti to build the palace

This is a senate bill to authorize seti to build a palace. This bill will be considered null and void if a senate chat(with a quorem attending or making their feelings known) comes to a decision on this issue.
    This poll expires in 3 days(I forgot to put 3 on the day limits but for the record 72 hrs from the post the results will become valid.
    Note this poll and the poll for seti to make army are mutually exclusive so if you vote yes on one please vote no on the other.
    Aggie
    Yes
    52.94%
    No
    47.06%
    Abstain
    0.00%
    The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Link to the other Bill

Please, if you vote yes in this bill, please vote no in the other bill

Here is the link to the Real Senate Bill: Authorizing Seti to build an Army

E_T
    Come and see me at WePlayCiv
    Worship the Comic here!
    Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Which city would the Palace be built in?

Or would it be built in the optimum location according to the formula E_T & Roadcage worked out?
      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
      Templar Science Minister
      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Joncnunn, that is the something that will be looked at either at the meeting on Saturday or after this bill is approved.
        Aggie
        The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Ok, voting No on this bill.
          1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
          Templar Science Minister
          AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Actually, they are not mutually exclusive. TEchnically, if both pass, the president will be authorized to do either.

Comment

I quote the President:

"It should be noted that the construction of Wall Street in one of our cities at some point in the next 19 turns (if possible) would be highly useful in order to soften this potential blow. However, the war effort is likely to sap the necessary production and finances which would be needed to complete that effort on such a small timescale when larger wonders will also need to be under construction."

The full position is stated in his topped thread regarding the term 7 presidency.

I believe this is Spiffor's preference as well.
              Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

I voted no, for historical reasons.
                Hey, BetaHound, nice avatar!
                RIAA sucks
                The Optimistas
                I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Yes, we will try to find the optimal place for the Palace, but that also takes time to do. THis measure, if approved, will give us that time and still allow the game to move on.

[EDIT] and the optrimal placement for the Palace will also depend on if and where we wish to expand next.

E_T
                  Come and see me at WePlayCiv
                  Worship the Comic here!
                  Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Originally posted by Aro
                    I voted no, for historical reasons.
                    Hey, BetaHound, nice avatar!
                    Thanks Aro. It's Hagar the Horrible's dog.

It is also a unique unit - dog archer - 4-3-3. Needs kennels though - which aren't in the game yet.
                    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Originally posted by E_T
                      Yes, we will try to find the optimal place for the Palace, but that also takes time to do. THis measure, if approved, will give us that time and still allow the game to move on.

[EDIT] and the optrimal placement for the Palace will also depend on if and where we wish to expand next.

E_T
                      hi ,

since we want to take over the whole continent we are on , cut the big island in two , put a palace in each center , finished

have a nice day
                      - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                      - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                      WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Originally posted by BetaHound

Thanks Aro. It's Hagar the Horrible's dog.

It is also a unique unit - dog archer - 4-3-3. Needs kennels though - which aren't in the game yet.
                        And he gets a defensive bonus on tiles with the fire hydrant improvement or the bones resource!

Comment

What happens if there is a tie?
                          “...This means GCA won 7 battles against our units, had Horsemen retreat from 2 battles against NMs, and lost 0 battles.” --Jon Shafer 1st ISDG

Comment

Originally posted by MJW
                            What happens if there is a tie?
                            All hell breaks loose!

There are sections of the NewCon that outline what should be done if there's a tie. Luckily our [forefathers] set it up that way.
                            Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
                            Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

Working...
                            X