Listen, Spiffor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listen, Spiffor

I've told Spiffor three or four times already, and he never seems to hear it: when flipping, it doesn't matter what civ the pop point belongs to, AS LONG AS IT IS NOT APOLYTONIAN!

Sticking French slaves in Germany will increase the flip risk just as much as German slaves. And so on.

proof ?
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Basically we're arguing about the meaning behind the wording. Can't we just ask the guy who wrote the culture flip FAQ?
      IIRC it was Alexman who wrote the thread. He's on my team in the PtW demogame so I could PM him if you'd like.
      "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
      And the truth isn't what you want to see,
      Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
      - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Yes please do, Shiber
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

This is a far more heated topic that I realized.

Comment

Ask DeepO, he seems to be an expert in culture flipping.
            "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
            --George Bernard Shaw
            A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
            --Woody Allen

Comment

Btw, AFAIK it does matter what civ the pop point belongs to. A city may flip (because of foerign nationalities) only to civs from the same nationality. (without overlapping tiles to other civs, of course).

Don't quote me though on this one.
              "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
              --George Bernard Shaw
              A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
              --Woody Allen

Comment

I remember when Firaxis released the culture flip mechanics, they said foreign pop points. If they didn't think to distinguish it there, they probably didn't think to in the programming.

Comment

Alexman's answer:

Well, I'm not the one who did the work on Culture flipping (Fitz started the thread, and I think DeepO did some work on it, actually), but I can answer your question.

In your example, the French workers are a risk for the city to flip to France only. The chances for a flip to Germany are not affected by joining French workers.

--Alex
                  "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                  And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                  Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                  - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Oops

I'm sorry for causing all this ruckus.

Comment

Re: Listen, Spiffor

Originally posted by skywalker
                      I've told Spiffor three or four times already, and he never seems to hear it: when flipping, it doesn't matter what civ the pop point belongs to, AS LONG AS IT IS NOT APOLYTONIAN!

Sticking French slaves in Germany will increase the flip risk just as much as German slaves. And so on.
                      hi ,

, try out a couple games , sometimes putting workers or settlers from an other civ then yours in a captured city helps that city to stay on your side , especially if those workers belong to a small civ or to a friendly civ , .....

however just to be save ; we should not put any foreign workers in german cities for as long as not more the sixty percent of them have joined us , so let that city grow , the more it grows the more children with our identity cards are born , the faster the other citizens in that city shall join us , .....

have a nice day
                      - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                      - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                      WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Shiber : thanks for the answer (please thank Alexman on my behalf too ). I'm much more eased, and I will now integrate French and American workers as if there's no tomorrow
                        More seriously, it allows me to do as I thinked beforhand (i.e putting Greeks at the English border, and putting Germans at the Russian border), and will considerably ease the worker integration project.

Comment

The major advantage of freeing slaves of deceased nations first is we know that they won't be protesting our attacking their motherland.
                          1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                          Templar Science Minister
                          AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                            Shiber : thanks for the answer (please thank Alexman on my behalf too ). I'm much more eased, and I will now integrate French and American workers as if there's no tomorrow
                            More seriously, it allows me to do as I thinked beforhand (i.e putting Greeks at the English border, and putting Germans at the Russian border), and will considerably ease the worker integration project.
                            hi ,

why do we have to put them at the borders , there is room near the palace , ....

have a nice day
                            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Panag : I will integrate workers first in palace centric / FP centric cities, but the remaining workes will go to more remote cities (especially Macross and Ferropolis)
                              If there are more workers, they'll go to definitely more remote places, near the border.
                              I have more time now, and most of the plan should be ready by tomorrow (although I might be a bit drunk tonight)

Comment

Working...
                              X