Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Poll: Seti's Assignment

The title says it all.

Hoovers will be fairly complete when we get Electronics; there are no other wonders coming up. So it's basically between the palace and an army.

Re: Pre-Poll: Seti's Assignment

Originally posted by Kloreep
    The title says it all.

Hoovers will be fairly complete when we get Electronics; there are no other wonders coming up. So it's basically between the palace and an army.
    hi ,

, ......

we need some armies , .....

have a nice day
    - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
    - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
    WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Get the palace move over with. We're doing well enough on both fronts that an army might not be needed.
      oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Yes, we need Armies, but the best way to get LOTS of Armies is to enable Ferropolis's Iron Works by moving the Palace to Macross City. We will not be able to do this till 1315 due to current palace shield holder in TFC, but that only makes one turn worth of elites (1310) not Leaderable. And realistically, we don't have that many elites to be really worried.

So my suggestion is:
        nothing

tweenturns
        Atomic Theory completes
        celebrate!
        pick Electronics to study

(cash) rush Factory in Macross City
        set slider at 0% sci

tweenturns
        ToE completes at G-Town
        celebrate!
        pick Radio then Steel to study

Trade for Refinery
        Trade for Ivory
        Trade for Steel (if avail but doubtful)
        Switch TFC from Palace to Hoovers
        (Leader) rush Palace in Macross City
        Adjust slider to 4 turn the current study
        Cash rush corruption fighting stuff on Uber

This will put IW at Ferropolis
        and Hoovers at TFC in 1345
        Ferropolis should be able to do a factory in 3
        Then Hospital in 2
        Then adback pop
        -edit- Military Academy in 4
        and start cranking out Armies.

Naturally, our remaining cities will need to make units to fill these shells.
        I used to be a builder. That was before I played Civ III

Comment

I agree with roadcage.

Comment

I agree with roadcage also. we only lose one one turn where we cannot get a leader. The only thing is that some cities (like those one uber Isle) will be become more corrupt until courthouses are built, but we need Ferropolis to have minimal corruption to maximize the value of the Iron Works and we need to have better spacing between our Palace and FP.
            Citizen of the Apolyton team in the ISDG
            Currently known as Senor Rubris in the PTW DG team

Comment

SETI project!! It's perfect!!

just kidding
              Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
              King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
              ---------
              May God Bless.

Comment

/me hops on the bandwagon and agrees with Roadcage as well.
                "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Let's build... BARRACKS!

Comment

I would like to humbly suggest that we build the Intelligence Agency in my hometown of Dijon.

Just kidding!

I also love roadcage's plan, especially since it will put our capital in a city of Old France, complete Iron Works in a city of Old France, and dramatically reduce corruption in Old France - not that I have any bias.

Comment

I also love roadcage's plan, especially since it will put our capital in a city of Old France, complete Iron Works in a city of Old France, and dramatically reduce corruption in Old France - not that I have any bias.
                      Your rp bias is showing. Ferropolis is a newbuild city not in any way associated with Old France. But having said that, if the numbers suggested that we place the Palace in Ravenna, or Heidelberg, or wherever, I would not hesitate to plan the campaign to secure the buildsite.

But the numbers keep pointing to Macross City, if for no other reason than Ferropolis is nearby.

Ssgt roadcage (retired)
                      I used to be a builder. That was before I played Civ III

Comment

Originally posted by roadcage
                        Ferropolis is a newbuild city not in any way associated with Old France.
                        By "Old France" I merely mean that the cities in question (Macross City, Ferropolis) are in the Old France region, not that they were once French cities. And while I may be biased, this plan will aid the region of Old France greatly by reducing the corruption that currently is plaguing it, which is to the benefit of all Apolyton.

Comment

Why can't we do the trades for Refining & Steel (if someone has it) next turn, right before ToE is completed. THis should net us a more valueble trade, as the AI places (IMHO) a higher value on a tech that is coupled with a Wonder AND the wonder hasn't been built yet.

If anyone is worried about them possibly using a GL to build it, I have seen several cases where a tie has gone to the hooman and not the AI.

E_T
                          Come and see me at WePlayCiv
                          Worship the Comic here!
                          Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Hmm... I'm leaning towards palace now.

I'm just worried that will help support for a war against Alex. Give Greece a chance!

Originally posted by skywalker
                            Let's build... BARRACKS!
                            He'd have to be transported to Uber Island for that.

Originally posted by E_T
                            Why can't we do the trades for Refining & Steel (if someone has it) next turn, right before ToE is completed. THis should net us a more valueble trade, as the AI places (IMHO) a higher value on a tech that is coupled with a Wonder AND the wonder hasn't been built yet.

Originally posted by E_T
                            If anyone is worried about them possibly using a GL to build it, I have seen several cases where a tie has gone to the hooman and not the AI.
                            IIRC, all ties go to the human because of the order of turnplay and builds.

Comment

hi ,

, we would need like about four armies , that should do it , ....

we should wait to fill a couple up until we have modern armor and fill it up with only elite units , a couple others with two or three elite mech. infantry , we can always add more units when needed

have a nice day
                              - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                              - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                              WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
                              X