No announcement yet.

Court Case: Executive Veto On Slave Bill Is Illegal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aggie does have a point. I'll press the case on that charge, not my original one.

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
      Wait a second. Never mind.

Sorry all of you.

I did the math in my head, and forgot a ten (ducks head in shame )
      And I even pointed it out to you, too.

Well, this case should be interesting. Yet more precedent to be set by the court.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie
        Spiffor, yes arnelos wasn't here, but 3 memebers who did veto the bill were present, thus I claim that the veto is invalid and never took place since it can only take place within 72 hours. I will not press this case but if somebody wants to I won't object, not specifically for this issue but to set precedent.
        Aggie
        5 hours because the President was away for 48 hours (there about) is no big thing to deal with. IF on the other hand, he had been present and available, then I would have a problem with it.

As I was the only NO vote in the Veto, I have no problem with this time difference. This should not be Illegal because of this.

E_T
        Come and see me at WePlayCiv
        Worship the Comic here!
        Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

It should, because whether or not Arnelos was there would not have affected the outcome, the vote COULD HAVE BEEN taken earlier without a different result.

The reason there is a 72-hour limit is because otherwise the Cabinet would veto bills RIGHT BEFORE a turnchat, negating the Senate's ability to override the veto with a 2/3 majority, as the bill could not pass in time.

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
            Wait a second. Never mind.

Sorry all of you.

I did the math in my head, and forgot a ten (ducks head in shame )

I drop the case.
            hi ,

lets hope you dont change your mind

have a nice day
            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Originally posted by panag

hi ,

lets hope you dont change your mind

have a nice day
              guess this thread is no declared asleep
              Petsovernight.com 0.0000001 owner

Ambassador to Legoland on the Lux Invicta Team
              Member of: Team Lux Invicta (PTW Demo Game)

Comment

Working...
              X