Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apolytonians for Slave Emancipation(A.S.E.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolytonians for Slave Emancipation(A.S.E.)

This is a movment of like minded apolytonian to discuss and push for slave emancipation. We welcome any new members.

Current membership:
    Nimitz
    Kloreep
    Aro
    Meshelic
    Spiffor
    Aidun
    jdjdjd
    sabrewolf
    pikesfan

Right now we need to discuss the how, when, and why of slave emancipation.
    Last edited by Nimitz; January 3, 2003, 01:12.
    Join the Civ4 SPDG and save the world one library at a time.
    Term 1 Minister of Finances in the Civ4 Democracy Game and current Justice in the Civ4 Democracy Game
    President of the Moderate Progressives of Apolyton in the Civ4 Democracy Game Aedificium edificium est Vires

Include me, please.
    RIAA sucks
    The Optimistas
    I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Add Meshelic to the list, please.
      Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
      Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

You youngsters should be ashamed of yourselves!
        Why, in my days when we were all living on the trees politicians were honest, bananas only cost 0.05L and human rights activists were sent to work at the salt mines.
        "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
        And the truth isn't what you want to see,
        Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
        - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

I've already worked the salt mines! All that time underground, digging, barely scraping a living together, until I enlisted with the Shadows. Indeed, it was my memories of working the mines that inspired me to create the Labor Party.

Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
          Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

Count me in !
            In the old days, slaves were sure a necessity, but we Apolytonians never enjoyed havong to work with underproductive slaves
            As centuries passed, foreign slaves never integrated our culture, and continued to speak their languages, and to perform their rites, in communities where there wasn't any hope of a brighter future for the slaves or for their children. It is now time to finish these centuries (millenia ?) of harsh injustice !
            Now, we are at last on the way to enlightement, and this very discussion proves it. The old wandering wiseman, Eewolf, would have been proud of us

While I have moral reasons to oppose slavery, I would like to express the economic reasons why we should emancipate all slaves :
            - Slaves work twice as slow as PW workers, while they are as efficient as domestic citizens when they work in the city.
            - Slaves do not cost any upkeep, but it is a moot point : when they work in the city, they bring much more than one gold, and thus are more cost-efficient than what they'd be as slaves.
            - Many slaves are French or Americans, and do not show any more eagerness to revolt than our nationals, now that their mother civilization has been integrated.

Down with slavery ! Up with emancipation !
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
              - Slaves work twice as slow as PW workers, while they are as efficient as domestic citizens when they work in the city.
              - Slaves do not cost any upkeep, but it is a moot point : when they work in the city, they bring much more than one gold, and thus are more cost-efficient than what they'd be as slaves.
              Then why not allow our domestic field workers to return to the cities and to the welcoming hands of their families, get themselves educated and specialize, and keep the slaves as field workers that will clean up pollution and do other random jobs.
              Economically, this would be a better idea IMHO.
              "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
              And the truth isn't what you want to see,
              Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
              - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Ah, this is where I dreamed of: Labour an liberals UNITED in ONE movement. Thanks Nimitz. Please make me a member.

EQUALITY BEFORE LAW ABOVE ALL!

Aidun
                "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
                Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Comment

Hehe.
                  "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Yes! Down with slavery!

I'm not so sure eewolf would be proud of us. Our nation has developed an incrediply bloodthirsty and unethical history, frankly. But the past doesn't matter; let's worry about Apolytonia's future.

Comment

I've posted a thread to make a bill for emancipation Please write down some comments...
                      The thread is here

Thanks,

Aidun
                      "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
                      Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Comment

Free them from their lives. Disband them in the jungle!

Comment

Best just to take over the world before we do something as silly as emancipation......
                          If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Count me in.
                            Note: the Law Offices of jdjdjd are temporarily closed.
                            "Next time I say something like 'lets go to Bolivia', lets go to Bolivia"

Comment

You shall all burn under the harsh rule of the evil lord Ming! So the Prophet Aggie has fortold!

Comment

Working...
                              X