The Barracks: 1280 War Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Barracks: 1280 War Plans

I have submitted the War Plans for the Eastern Germany Front for the next several turns. The plan is here in the Banana Army HQ thread. THis thread is for general discussions about this and other plans.

I'm working on the West Germany Plan and should have it up by Christmas.

E_T
    Come and see me at WePlayCiv
    Worship the Comic here!
    Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Originally posted by Shiber in the wrong thread

E_T, do you intend to abandon more cities as soon as they're captured (as opposed to turning the population into slaves), as you've done with Hamburg, or do you intend to use these and other conscripts to secure newly-captured cities from culture flips until they are drained of foreign population?
    I intend to Move Stuttgart 1 tile southwards, ASAP. So, Yes for that City.

I will see what Frankfurt has when it is Captured. At that time, I will make the decision to do to it as was done to Hamburg.

I do NOT anticipate having to do it to any more Cities, at this current time.

As for Slaves, we are having serious discussions about freeing some of the slaves that we have, why create more.... If we capture them, then good, but until this issue is resolved to my satisfaction, then I won't have a potential Problem City, like Frankfurt be used for that purpose, while under my control. As for any other Cities, I don't plan on abandoning them and we might need to make them into worker farms.

E_T
    Worship the Comic here!
    Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

First of all, apologies for posting the previous message in the wrong thread. I had forgotten that it was for executive use only.
      Second, I have a question regarding this statement:
      Originally posted by E_T
      As for Slaves, we are having serious discussions about freeing some of the slaves that we have, why create more....
      Even if we're eventually going to free our slaves, wouldn't it still be a good idea to turn the German population in conquered cities pending abandonment into slaves? They can work for us for as long until we free them and complete improvements faster, and afterwards they can increase our urban population by joining cities which are equipped with Hospitals.
      "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
      And the truth isn't what you want to see,
      Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
      - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

So, we will have to tie up units that would be used against Rome, or Zululand?

Say that Frankfurt is captured with 8 Citizens, 4 still in Resistance. We set the City to Starve & build Workers. It will be at least 6 turns before we have the city at a "manageble" size and can start on temples and other things. During that time, I would have to maintain a larger force there to hold the city, because of it's proxcimity to Berlin. THis will also cost us around 84 Lytons for 3 - 1 turn Rushes of Slaves. This depends on how fast we starve the City down & what we want the minimum German population to be before we allow it to grow again.

Why waist the time, effort & money for a few paltry slaves,when most of what they will be doing is to work on the captured tiles after the War is over. Almost all of our PW needs are done, so what are they to do.

If I capture Frankfurt and there is nothing of value to warrent keeping it, it WILL be replaced.

E_T
        Worship the Comic here!

Comment

Don't we have Nationalism (sorry if I'm behind)? Why don't we conscipt some of the cities' populations before we abandon them?

Comment

You can't Draft (or Rush) while a City has Resisters. And I'm not certain if you can draft from a city unless they have some Native Population in them (i.e. from an all German City).

It is a good Idea, but what kind of Unhappyness Issues are we looking at here, Draft & Invasion Unhappyness. THis is entirely unknown ground for me.

E_T
            Worship the Comic here!

Comment

If the city gets abandoned, why do you care about its happiness?

Comment

We already have a gross surplus of slaves and domestic workers. We already have an adequate city count. There is no VALID gameplay reason to jeopardise our situation by keeping German cities. We prebuilt 2 settlers just for this purpose. I know we have a lot of roleplay freaks, but we elected our SMC who is more or less following the plans described in the election thread. If you don't like it, be sure to run for SMC next turn.

As for me, I wish E_T would ratchet up the cruelty index a notch or two. Otto deserves it. We remember Paris.

Ssgt roadcage (retired)
                I used to be a builder. That was before I played Civ III

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
                  If the city gets abandoned, why do you care about its happiness?
                  I'm more concerned with it, before it get's Abandoned...

Originally posted by Roadcage
                  As for me, I wish E_T would ratchet up the cruelty index a notch or two. Otto deserves it. We remember Paris.
                  What, me being cruel I would NEVER do anything like that.... I just might be a little bit mean, but never cruel....

E_T
                  Worship the Comic here!

Comment

Originally posted by roadcage
                    We already have a gross surplus of slaves and domestic workers. We already have an adequate city count. There is no VALID gameplay reason to jeopardise our situation by keeping German cities. We prebuilt 2 settlers just for this purpose. I know we have a lot of roleplay freaks, but we elected our SMC who is more or less following the plans described in the election thread. If you don't like it, be sure to run for SMC next turn.

Ssgt roadcage (retired)
                    hi ,

we should have allways a stock of at least 10 settlers !

have a nice day
                    - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                    - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                    WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
                    X