Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinion Poll: Do you support emancipation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion Poll: Do you support emancipation?

Self explanatory. I think we need this to go along with the discussion thread (and it would be nice if we can keep discussion there, as it can be confusing when debates bounce around several threads).

Poll is set to last 5 days.
    Yes! Free them ASAP! :doitnow!:
    31.37%
    Yes, but at our convenience; complete all PW improvement first
    21.57%
    No! Crack that whip! :doitnow!:
    47.06%

The poll is expired.

Free them!
    RIAA sucks
    The Optimistas
    I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

I still wonder what ASAP is...
      Can anyone explain?
      "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
      Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Comment

Originally posted by Aidun
        I still wonder what ASAP is...
        Can anyone explain?
        As Soon As Possible.

Which is what I voted for.

Comment

FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Originally posted by Kloreep
            As Soon As Possible.

Which is what I voted for.
            And you're right. All Apolytonians MUST be equal before law!

Check my comment at trhe discussion forum.

Aidun
            "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
            Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Comment

Think of the slave handlers ?
              The Whip makers ?

I vote no !
              "No Comment"

Comment

Definitely no. Aggie has shown me the way - the foreigners aren't humans, they're evil AI zombies. There is nothing wrong with enslaving the "AI-people". It's best that we replace our own, hard working men and women with these mindless zombies and let the human workers return to their families.
                "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Enamel
                  Think of the slave handlers ?
                  The Whip makers ?

I vote no !
                  Those undemocratic oppressors? The ones who ill-treat people who deserve freedom as much as you and I do?
                  Those who become rich over the backs of others who are too weak to resist?
                  Let them start a fair business! They should be lucky not to be condemned!

Comment

Crack that whip!

This is a game, not life. There is nothing immoral about enslaving bits and bytes.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                      Crack that whip!

This is a game, not life. There is nothing immoral about enslaving bits and bytes.
                      Immortal, immortal? Think of justice!

But don't forget that an uneducated workforce that works under miserable contitions is not able to produce much. giving citizenship to these people gives them a chance to get educated and be of more worth to our great society.

Comment

You have a point.

However, as slaves they are free labour (duh). Our cities will grow of their own accord and they each have a maximum population due to finite amounts of food.

I would say it is better game-wise to keep the free labour to clean pollution and let our cities grow on their own.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

You have a point.
                          Thank you, I knew it.

However, as slaves they are free labour (duh). Our cities will grow of their own accord and they each have a maximum population due to finite amounts of food.

I would say it is better game-wise to keep the free labour to clean pollution and let our cities grow on their own.
                          As a modern industralist I prefer well educated workers. As our glorious armies still conquer other nations, there keeps much to build. Slaves are in efficiënt and build slower. We can exploit the barren terrains around our new cities better AS FAST AS POSSIBLE so the cities can be of any use. They lie miles behind the other cities. With skilled workers this is better to be done than without.
                          Secondary: in wars many people die. The populationnumber of Hamburg fell in the war from 13 to 6 due to the artillerybombardments. The freed slaves can perfectly compensate this so the city can soon be as productive as it was before the war. Buiding improvements that serve the people such as temples and cathedrals should thus have priority in these cities.

Comment

Exactly how are workers that cost us nothing inefficient?
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

Originally posted by Aidun
                              Slaves are in efficient and build slower.
                              You forgot to mention that they cost us absolutely nothing, while regular workers cost upkeep. Two slaves equal one domestic worker in work pace, and since two slaves cost you nothing while a domestic worker costs maintenance, slaves are superior when they come in quantity.
                              Soon we will finish improving our lands to the greatest extent possible within the game, and we'll only need workers to improve newly-conquered lands or to clean pollution. Then it would be time to retire our domestic workers and some of our slaves back to the cities, but not a moment earlier.
                              "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                              And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                              Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                              - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Working...
                              X