Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TIME for First Chat of Term 7 (Why Scheduling is up in the air...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TIME for First Chat of Term 7 (Why Scheduling is up in the air...)

Ok, I had wanted to do the first chat of this term this weekend and that's probably still possible, but I have NO IDEA when I will be able to do that (and it may have to be Friday or wait for Monday).

The reason why my weekend schedule has been thrown completely into the air (for now) is that there's been a death in my extended family and I'll need to attend the funeral on probably one of the two days this weekend. The reason I don't know yet which day is that part of my family lives in England and they have to fly back for the funeral... so the timing of the funeral is being decided by when they can get a flight back.

THANKFULLY FOR ME, this will almost certainly be held in Baltimore, MD, which is a mere hour and a half drive from where I live just across the river from Washington, D.C.. So I will only be gone during the daytime of ONE DAY for this. So it may not have any impact at all on my ability to hold a turnchat. It's that I don't yet know WHICH DAY that makes it so I can't schedule a turnchat yet.

When I find out which day I'm free and which day I am not, I'll go ahead and post when I'm free and see when I can schedule with the other members of the cabinet to hold the next chat (the first of our term). All members of the cabinet have either been ministers before (even if that was a long time ago for Spiffor ) or have been present at so many chats that I know it won't be a problem (ManicStarSeed). I'll go ahead and start a thread for orders, but I can't top it until I get the zpellZ (Aggie PM'd MarkG to let him know I need them around 24 hours ago, so that should happen soon enough).

I'll post probably in this thread to notify people of time availability for the next chat.

MINISTERS, please post here your own time availability so that I can see that and hopefully just post an official chat time once I figure out my own. Thanks
    Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

I am just now going out the door as my father was just released from heart complications and I will not be available for 36 hours.

Comment

FINALLY found this thread (it had cloaked...).

I'm going to go ahead and top it for now.

Comment

Friday evening, at about 19:00 EST (I will most probably be drunk)
        Saturnday, until 19:00 GMT (14:00 EST)
        Sunday, during the whole day, just say when you want to do the chat
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I'm relatively Free.... Any time should be good. I'll have to use my SLOW backup box on Saturday Evening, as the other is being used for Pay purposes by my DP, but it should be O.K.

E_T
          Come and see me at WePlayCiv
          Worship the Comic here!
          Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Ok, the funeral has been scheduled for Monday and I now have more information on timing.

I will likely be gone during almost ALL of Monday except for late that evening

I will ALSO be unavailable during a sizable slice of late Sunday evening (going to see the new LOTR movie ), but I don't know exactly what times yet.

So... available times for the turnchat:

1. Friday evening (too soon?)
            2. Saturday mid-day
            3. Saturday afternoon
            4. Satruday evening
            5. Sunday mid-day (I would prefer not)

Saturday looks like the best time, but I wouldn't be against a Friday evening chat instead.

Comment

Ok, working Spiffor's time in with my time........

1. Friday starting at ~7 p.m. EST (midnight on Saturday GMT)
              2. Saturday at 10 a.m. EST (15:00 GMT)

Friday is probably too soon for all of those new RA's to post their orders, so I'm betting that Saturday is the better time.

It's also possible, however, to split up the turns - 2 turns on Friday and 3 turns on Saturday or the other way around.

ALSO, how impaired will you be by being drunk Friday night, Spiffor?

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos
                ALSO, how impaired will you be by being drunk Friday night, Spiffor?
                Extremely impaired : drunk the first 2 hours, exhausted after (but well, I could be present in the chat). I know my schedule isn't very easy for you guys, so I'll try to make a plan, so that my ^resence isn't mandatory.
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

hi ,

around 17:00 GMT should work out
                  what about sunday

however a couple turns on friday might not hurt

by the way ; any chance we could do a couple more turns then just five

have a nice day
                  - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                  - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                  WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos
                    Friday is probably too soon for all of those new RA's to post their orders, so I'm betting that Saturday is the better time.
                    Not for me
                    Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
                    King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
                    ---------
                    May God Bless.

Comment

I'm back, and could probably get my orders done tomorrow morning? Who is in charge of worker orders?

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb
                        Who is in charge of worker orders?
                        Meshelic is the Deputy DM for Public Works, but I'm unsure whether he's the one doing the worker orders for this chat.

Comment

THE NEXT TURNCHAT WILL BE AT 1500 GMT ON SATURDAY (10 a.m. EST Saturday)

Ministers,

Either make sure you are there, name a representative, or trust me to properly handle issues for your position that you give me discretion over in your orders.

ALSO FOR ALL MINISTERS:

You will need to right a blanket statement in your orders concerning the conditions under which things in your orders can be changed in your absense. This is important whether or not you plan to attend because you never know when RL will force you to leave a chat prematurely (it happens often enough). Thankfully, you can just write it once and just copy and paste it to each set of orders you write in the future

I will be PMing ministers to make sure they know the turnchat time.

Comment

I will be unable to attend a chat this weekend. I won't even be at my computer until sunday night (although you might see me online, it will be for short periods of time and I won't be able to play or chat). Oh well. Have fun storming the castle!
                            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Where are we supposed to put our orders?

Comment

Working...
                              X