Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SENATE BILL: Renaming of Avignon and Heliopolis

Poll Options: Yea, Nay, Abstain
    Poll Duration: 3 Days (72 hours) - will expire approxamately at 10 p.m. GMT, Dec. 20, 2002

Quorum (according to latest presidential election) is 13.

This bill, if passed, will change the name of 'Avignon' to 'Los Alamos' and will change the name of 'Heliopolis' to 'Ferropolis'.

These name changes were proposed during Term 5 and were approved by Jonny, the Imperial Expansion Minister at that time.
    (see this thread: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...postid=1431434 )
    However, these name changes were never implemented. This bill will implement these name changes if it is passed.
    Yea
    63.64%
    Nay
    22.73%
    Abstain
    13.64%

The poll is expired.

Avignon was just recently Renamed in this Senate Bill.

So I don't know what were going to do about it... Conflicting Bills...

E_T
    Come and see me at WePlayCiv
    Worship the Comic here!
    Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

I would sugest that this bill be withdrawn, and a new bill be created which only contains the change of 'Heliopolis' to 'Ferropolis'
      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
      Templar Science Minister
      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by E_T
        Avignon was just recently Renamed in this Senate Bill.

So I don't know what were going to do about it... Conflicting Bills...

E_T
        That bill was withdrawn. I should go edit some posts to make it clearer. (I still need to introduce a new El Duderino poll; I'll do that soon.)

Oh, and I vote yes.

Comment

Hmm, I didn't see the part about it being withdrawn. I was going to have it Renamed after it was done with.

Personally, I think that we should have a different name for Heliopolis, what with the Iron Works going up there soon. I still like Allentown

E_T
          Worship the Comic here!
          Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

^bump^

If you don't really care about this issue, please vote Abstain, so that the Quorum requirement can be met.

Comment

For General Information:

QUORUM THIS TERM IS 13
              Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
              Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
              7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Voted. Now you have 11. Almost there.
                If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

I just added an "abstain". You now have 13 votes.

--Togas
                  Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
                  Member of the Mercenary Team in the Civ 4 Team Democracy Game.
                  Former Consul for the Apolyton C3C Intersite Tournament Team.
                  Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Comment

hi ,

why not , since we are allready renaming , we might aswell come up with names for the german cities , ......

have a nice day
                    - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                    - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                    WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

du bump...

E_T
                      Worship the Comic here!

Comment

Heliopolis to Ferropolis was a Minister name change back when Ministers were allowed to name one city something like two months ago. I have no idea why it has taken so long to officially rename it.

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb
                          Heliopolis to Ferropolis was a Minister name change back when Ministers were allowed to name one city something like two months ago. I have no idea why it has taken so long to officially rename it.
                          I guess that the name change was just overlooked when it was first ordered.

However, it is now done.

Comment

Working...
                          X