Term 7 Presidency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Term 7 Presidency

DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD (other than joncnunn, who is the Executive Advisor for Science). Thank You

TERM 7 PRESIDENCY

President Arnelos
    Vice President panag
    Executive Advisor for Science joncnunn

EXECUTIVE:

I will run all the turnchats I can reasonably schedule and do on my own. Should I be unable, panag (assuming he is confirmed) will run his own turnchat(s).

FINANCE:

I will do the Finance side of the job. If I find I need help, I'll appoint an advisor for that, too (don't believe I will, but I don't know for sure yet).

SCIENCE:

joncnunn will be given broad authority to lead discussion and provide advice on scientific research. Given the respect he's garnered on the forums for that, he shouldn't have a problem with it
    Last edited by Arnelos; December 19, 2002, 04:19.
    Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

EXECUTIVE OFFICE

Time for Next Turnchat:

Friday (January 17th) at 1900 GMT (2 p.m. EST)

Turns Next Turnchat Should Cover:

Turn 1 (1320 A.D.)
    Turn 2 (1330 A.D.)
    Turn 3 (1340 A.D.)
    Turn 4 (1350 A.D.)
    Turn 5 (1360 A.D.)
    Turn 6 (1370 A.D.)

NOTE: We will almost certainly not complete that many turns due to the insane length of war turns. That said, however, I want people who give orders to at least plan for that full time period and new ministers and RAs for Term 8 can have some pre-made orders to play around with when they come into office.

Turnchat Location:

Apolyton.net IRC Server
    Channel: #civ3dem
    Last edited by Arnelos; January 15, 2003, 16:08.

Comment

FINANCE OFFICE

Current financial situation is excellent due to selling Replaceable Parts to Greece, Japan, England, and Germany. We are making 400 LPT income from those deals and they are set to expire in 1365 A.D. (19 turns).

The financial stormcloud ahead is that when that 400 LPT drops away in 19 turns, we very well may not be able to immediately replace it. The reason is that our current technology and wonder-building strategy would dictate that we NOT sell Atomic Theory, Electronics, and Radio until AFTER Hoover's Dam is complete. By the time we have completed Theory of Evolution in ~1310 A.D. (~8 turns) and thus researched up to Radio, we will be behind on the part of the technology tree where the AI's will likely be concentrating: Refining and Steel. It will take us another 8 turns at minimum to catch up with the AI while Hoover's Dam is likely still being built.

If that takes place and we aren't able to buy either Steel or Refining on the cheap, we will have only 3 turns of the 400 LPT income from Replaceable Parts left when we should be caught up to the AI in research on the Combustion branch of the technology tree. That means at least one turn will take place where we lose the 400 LPT before we can obtain Combustion (that's AT LEAST). It's also possible an AI will beat us to Combustion, meaning that we will be unable to sell it for large profits even when we reach it.

The critical timeperiod then is the time in between when the 400 LPT runs out (1365 A.D.) and when Hoover's Dam is complete. During that small time window, we will have far less income.

However, once Hoover's Dam is complete, we can then safely sell Atomic Theory (if an AI civilization does not already possess it), Electronics and eventually even Radio for considerable profits. This will easily boost our financial situation back into a position where we can likely put the slider at maximum (to obtain 4-turn technology) and still have a healthy budget surplus.

It should be noted that the construction of Wall Street in one of our cities at some point in the next 19 turns (if possible) would be highly useful in order to soften this potential blow. However, the war effort is likely to sap the necessary production and finances which would be needed to complete that effort on such a small timescale when larger wonders will also need to be under construction.

-----------------

NOTE: If people wish to respond, please form seperate threads for that. Please do not respond in this thread. Thank You.
      Last edited by Arnelos; December 19, 2002, 03:52.

Comment

SCIENCE OFFICE

We are currently in the Industrial age in 1325 A.D.

Our most advanced main branch techs are Corporation, Refinery, Replaceable Parts, Electronics, and Radio.

We are currently reseraching Steel which at current science rate will would be completed in 1335AD.

Following the discovery of Steel, we should reserach Combustion in 4 turns if war werrious levels allows.

To close out the Industrial Era, we should reserach Mass Production followed by Motorized Transportation, and finally Flight, in 4 turns each if war werrious allows.

Various plans for the modern era, all assume a 2+ tech lead over leading AIs, going into the modern era.

Plan "Milk-It" (Cultural Victory or else running up score):
        1. Computers
        2. Miniturazation
        3. Genetics
        4. Fission
        5. Enviormenalism
        6. Recyling
        7. Synethic Fibers
        8. Rocketry
        9. Space Flight
        10. Super Conductor
        11. Satelights
        12. Nuclear Power
        13. Laser
        14. Steath
        15. Smart Weapons
        16. Integrated Defense
        17. Robotics
        18. Future Tech 1 to N

Plan "Beam Me Up Scotty" (Space Race Victory ASAP):
        1. Rocketry
        2. Space Flight
        3. Fission
        4. Computers
        5. Enviormentalism
        6. Synethic Fibers
        7. Super Conductor
        8. Satelights
        9. Nuclear Power
        10. Laser

Plan "Nuke'm Til They Glow" (Modern Era Domination Victory ASAP):
        1. Fission
        2. Rocketry
        3. Enviormentalism
        4. Sythenic Fibers
        5. Space Flight
        6. Satelights
        7. Computers
        8. Stealth

The UN Gambit (Build the UN with the intention of gifting techs & calling a vote)
        1. Fission
        2. Computers
        3. Enviormenalism
        4. Rocketry
        Last edited by joncnunn; January 21, 2003, 15:51.
        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
        Templar Science Minister
        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
        X