We need to have some kind of resolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need to have some kind of resolution

We need to resolve whatever issues are currently present. If we want to have one more turnchat before the end of this term (i.e. Tues, 12/17), we need to have some things decided before then.

I would like to have this Term have one more Gameplay, before the new Admin takes office on the 18th.

What does the Senate Wish on this, should the game continue?

E_T
    Come and see me at WePlayCiv
    Worship the Comic here!
    Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Just so that everybody knows what has happened

Here is a close-up screen shot of Hole in the Wall area, just before Rome had declared on us. The situation had become a bit Untenuable with a Russian crossing our Border.

It my have just been moving to the other Russian City, but we weren't certain. And with 14 Roman Units on our Land, we needed to get the MPP's activated, if he had decided to declare (which he did) when we had told him to go home.

E_T
    Attached Files
    Worship the Comic here!
    Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

We then Forcibly Removed most Roman Forces

After we had told Rome to go home, He declared WAR.

We then Destroyed 12 of the 14 Roman Units that were on our Land. We lost 2 Cavalry in the fight, score was ROME 2; BANANA 12. We decided to NOT attack the Units in the Trees, as we didn't want to lose any more Cavalry.

Here's the post fight Picture.

E_T
      Attached Files
      Worship the Comic here!

Comment

City of Abandonment

I don't know why this wasn't done by the President during this game turn, It was in my orders for 1250AB (D-Turn minus 2), so I've done it myself. I'll post a new save for 1250AB soon, as I'm setting up a few other things.

Please note that we have taken over 1 of the German Iron sources with this new City's placement. If they were exporting their other source of Iron, they currently have none to use.

E_T
        Attached Files
        Worship the Comic here!

Comment

hi ,

, has anyone some warplan against rome , ....

a two front war is not easy but it can work out for us , .....

however we need to do something about our armed forces , ........

have a nice day
          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

The Plan & What I propose

The Plan for Abandonment is to Rush the Temple there next turn, then to start building a settler.

When we take Stuttgart, we will have to hold it for 1 turn, so that our bombardement forces are able to Advance to Berlin and they will start to Bombard the City on the next turn.

We should either have the Settler for New Stuttgart ready to go at that location (after Abandonment's Borders Expand) or to move and Place it right when the Borders Expand. After New Stuttgart's Borders have Expanded (we'll need to one turn Rush a Temple there), can we rush the settler in Abandonment (if the Pop is at 2) and have the Settler for some other new City Site. This will most likely happen on D-Turn plus 8 to 10.

The Roman Situation should wait (i.e. Defensive only), at least until we have most of the 1st set of German Objectives obtained. Then we can think about taking Brundisium (and It's Incense) from Rome. Hopefully, this will coincide with the ending of our MPP's and we can safely make peace terms with Rome (without being dragged back in through the MPP's).

E_T
            Worship the Comic here!

Comment

E_T,
              IMO, we should continue the game. The plan seems to be a good one. Will work fine, I think.
              And great graphics, too. Are you using the Sn00py's terrain mod?
              RIAA sucks
              The Optimistas
              I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

The critical question for the FAM is whether Rome is a long-term war (in which case I need military alliances) or peace ASAP (in which case I do NOT ask for military alliances and we try to get a peace agreement before too many nations ally with Rome against us).
                Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

We'll have the ability to upgrade cannons to artillery in 4 turns. Artillery can bombard up to 2 tiles away and has a rate of fire of 2, so I expect we'll want to upgrade a few cannons. We'll also want to upgrade some riflemen to the more modern infantry units. In short, we need to put some money aside for these upgrades.
                  "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                  And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                  Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                  - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Originally posted by Shiber
                    We'll have the ability to upgrade cannons to artillery in 4 turns. Artillery can bombard up to 2 tiles away and has a rate of fire of 2, so I expect we'll want to upgrade a few cannons. We'll also want to upgrade some riflemen to the more modern infantry units. In short, we need to put some money aside for these upgrades.
                    If the many alliances against Germany go into place as planned and we can deny Germany a source of rubber, this might make our war against them even more effective

Comment

Hmm... if we can deny rubber to Germany (and also to Rome, if the war continues) then we'll be able to whore replaceable parts without concerns of having to confront German/Roman infantry, and thus fund most of the upgrades. Niiice.
                      "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                      And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                      Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                      - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

We'll have RP in 3 turns, not 4. If events turn out for the best, we might be able to delay the start of thw War with Germany until D-turn plus 2.

I'm against giving RP to anyone at this time. If we get SM first AND nobody still has RP, then I say that we sell RP off.

As for a possible Pease with Rome, we will have to wait until the MPP's run out. Otherwise, we'll get dragged back into it, the next turn or two afterwards.

E_T
                        Worship the Comic here!

Comment

Originally posted by E_T
                          As for a possible Pease with Rome, we will have to wait until the MPP's run out. Otherwise, we'll get dragged back into it, the next turn or two afterwards.
                          This is only true if Rome attacks one of them on their soil. Now if we hadn't signed that MPP with Russia...

Comment

I ahev offered to regin in another thread, however if the people do not desire this, we will have another chat on the 18th.
                            Aggie
                            The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Doesn't the new term start on the 18th?

E_T
                              Worship the Comic here!

Comment

Working...
                              X