The last 2 threats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The last 2 threats

It seems that there are only 2 plausible ways we can lose the game -- Germany and not getting Hoover Our plan to beat up Germany seems to be just fine. If there is anything that can be done to speed Hoover, including eliminating rush building (except the improvements for ToE & Hoover), I suggest we do it.

We have 3 major Rushes that are already planned or Possible Budgeting:

Aquaduct in Helopolis - pre-build to IW - about 240L on turn 3 (1200AB).

Courthouse in Port of Where It's At - needed to bring up to Waste standards - at most 232L (I'm going to change the WF to induce WLKD to help with the Waste before hand) on turn 4 (1210AB).

Marketplace in Heliopolis - last pre-build for IW - in about 1250AB (would be 8 turns from now) for hopefully less than 240L, we'll see.

We will look at further rushes, either during this Gameplay or after.

E_T
    Come and see me at WePlayCiv
    Worship the Comic here!
    Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Not getting Hoover's would be a setback, but not game threatening. On the otherhand, if we slip up and let someone build the UN.......
      I used to be a builder. That was before I played Civ III

Comment

We need hoover. Its too good of a wonder to pass it up
        :-p

Comment

I never said that Hoover's wasn't a teriffic bargain, and therefore well worth the effort. However, you can always build a power plant in every city and accomplish the same thing.

But since we have been somewhat warlike, and aggressive about renegotiating peace treaties (legal extortion) if we fail to get the UN we will

...............LOOSE THE GAME.............
          I used to be a builder. That was before I played Civ III

Comment

I agree with roadcage. UN must be ours, the AI hates us.
            RIAA sucks
            The Optimistas
            I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Of course we need the UN. It's so far off on the horizon, and if we get Hoover & destroy or defang Germany, it should be so easy to get, we shouldn't have any trouble getting it.

Comment

If we build Hoover Dam, we'll have no trouble building the UN even without prebuilding so we can filibuster.

We're also going to need to decide how we intend to win the game in late January or early Feburary.

I see 3 options (from earliest to latest):

1. Domination via Tank rush with Mototrized Transport during very late industrial era extending into early modern era with the idea of competling the wipe out before any civ can get Mech Inf. (Bigest threats killed first.)

2. Domination via Modern Armor rush. (We build the tanks at a somewhat slower rate than #1, but as soon as the modern era starts, we rush to Syntheic Fibers, buying Rocketry from a Sci civ, and then massively upgrade them all, and conquer the main contienant. Bigest threats killed first to minimize chance of nuclear war.

3. Space Race. We build a limited number of Tanks & Bombers just to ensure the AI doesn't get uppity, but don't actually use them.
                1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                Templar Science Minister
                AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
                X