My Ciontinued Absence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Ciontinued Absence

Welll... I have no power at home . Where I live, a snowstorm (and the following Ice) has knocked out the power (and with it, heat and hot water ). I haven't been able to get online since Wed., and they're saying it might be another few days (even as much as a week for some, though probably earlier than that for me) before power is restored. Obviously, if I can find a computer, I'll do my best to be around -- but if I don't get back to you on anything, I'm not trying to shrug you off or anything .

Just a general notice for everyone. Sorry if I'm messing up anyone's plans .

Specific notes to specific people:
    Arnelos: Sorry for never replying to your PM -- I wasn't able to read it till now .
    UnOrthO: Unless I go home to find the power on, I'm probably not going to be able to do the Gazette this time. Sorry . (At least I've got a good excuse). Ditto the FAQ and Debate group.
    Kloreep: No help on anything directory-related from me for a few more days (not that you need any ); Once I get back, I'll try to be mroe active.
    Whoever I've missed: Sorry, don't have much time to think about this; if I can get back on later, I'll add any more individual notes I can come up with.

Specific notes on specific items:
    Elections: Don't know if I've got time to run. Most of this term will be over winter break, so I probably could take a more active role this time . If I get power in time to think about it, then I will -- if not, I'll go back to being a vice/deputy.

-- adaMada
    Civ 3 Democracy Game:
    PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
    Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Back

Just for everyone's info, I've got power, and will be addressing various things in the near future .

Just for general information.

(I actually got power back yesterday, but didn't make the announcement until today so I could clear up some other stuff...)

-- adaMada
    Civ 3 Democracy Game:
    PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
    Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

W00H00!
      Welcome back ada.
      "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
      And the truth isn't what you want to see,
      Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
      - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

wow... where in the US are you? (I live in Canada, and haven't had much snow/ice at all)
        Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
        King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
        ---------
        May God Bless.

Comment

adaMada, I gather, lives in North Carolina. He was hit by the first (and much worse) of three storms that brought freezing rain and ice to the Mid-Atlantic region. The second worst was cenetered on western Virginia and Maryland... the DC area (where I live) only got about 1/4 of an inch of ice, which is just barely not enough to knock down too many trees and powerlines (so we got lucky).

This is a pretty typical weather pattern for the Mid-Atlantic. Everything north of us gets snow and everything south of us gets rain... we're typically the ones stuck with sleet, freezing rain, and ice
          Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
          Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
          7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Working...
          X