This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I call for the impeachment of Thud as SMC

NOTE: THIS IS REALLY NOT MEANT FOR DISCUSSION, JUST TRYING TO REACH A JUDGE ASAP

I call for the impeachment of Thud as SMC on the grounds that he has not done his job, he has not been active, submitted orders, or attended chats.
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

RE: Impeachment

AUG! I thought that was a PM! Sorry guys, classified information.
    Last edited by Thud; December 4, 2002, 13:06.
    "The Enrichment Center is required to inform you that you will be baked, and then there will be cake"
    Former President, C3SPDGI

Comment

Whether you resign, or the judges decide to bring you to trial, you will be removed from office in either case (while the case is in court, if I read that right) and Aggie will appoint an emergency replacement, so it should not affect any plans already made.

I thought of this earlier, but you had posted you were back and able to continue. I did nothing at the time because of that post. Still, that one post was over a week ago, and till now, I had not even seen you online since then.

Of anyone, I know the pressures of real life, I had to leave for a week myself during my stay as VP. At the same time, it is unfortunate that you were unable to secure a definitive deputy before your problems arose, or none of this would be neccessary.

This is nothing personal, and I have lost no respect for you as a person, but I believe that your removal, be it through resignation or impeachment, is in the best interest of the game while you are overwhelmed in RL.
      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

This is awful skull-dugery! UnOrthOdOx should himself be banished for this malicious and time wasted action!
        "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
        --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Originally posted by Sean
          This is awful skull-dugery! UnOrthOdOx should himself be banished for this malicious and time wasted action!
          Is this a joke? I hope so.
          If not... No way!
          RIAA sucks
          The Optimistas
          I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Why should this not be a serious issue? Thud neglected his duties as SMC and didnt even have a deputy in place. This should be looked into. Is this a precedent or has the court ruled on this kind of thing before?

Comment

4 While going through the impeachment process, the accused shall remain in control of his or her office, unless the Court has issued an injunction.
              Thud will thus remain SMC (to the extent that he submits orders, as otherwise Aggie will serve as Acting SMC as he has) unless the Court issues such an injunction (which would be pending their finding that the impeachment holds "legal merit" due to a vote of at least 3 judges among themselves).

3 Impeachable offenses
              (a) An official may be impeached only if he or she has violated the Constitution or a law that was in place prior to the alleged violation.
              Unorthodox, although I don't doubt that the case meets this criteria, it might help if you explicity laid out for the Court (and the public) which particular parts of the constitution or laws Thud has broken (I assume the line about chats being "timely and regular" or whatever, but there might be others as well (???) ).

I guess the Court will get to this when they get to it.
              Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
              Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
              7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

As I stated, this was only to get ahold of the Court, it has served that purpose. Bringing up specifics would be done in the court case. This was not intended a debate thread. Someone lock this please.
                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by Sean
                  Take it up with the court, I am more than happy to defend my actions there.
                  You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I am locking this thread, this is now a court case and must be dealt with in court.
                    The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

I have recieved this and am posting it at the request of the court
                      "Us justices are in the process of reviewing this situation. Please rest assured that this situation will not go unresolved. If you have any concerns that you feel are relevant to this situation, pleese feel free to PM myself or another justice. Unfortunately, we cannot discuss or provide any other information at this point.

Thank you for your cooperation and assistance.

Godking."
                      The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Working...
                      X