Problem with cd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with cd

I have a small problem, I recently installed extra harddrives. But now civ3 want recognize the drive. How do I fix this(I suspect I will have to reinstall so it will look for the cd in the right drive). Any other ways.
    Aggie
    The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Edit the Registry (be very careful if you do). I can tell you what & where later.

E_T
    Come and see me at WePlayCiv
    Worship the Comic here!
    Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

You can also set the drive letter assignment for the CD in the control panel.

Open Control Panel (Start->Settings-> Control Panel)
      In Control Panel open System Icon
      Click on Device Manager Tab
      Double Click on CDROM
      Double Click on your CD that is showing
      Click on the Settings Tab, down at the Bottom you set both of the Reserve Drive letters to the drive letter that you want.
      Hit O.k. to exit back to Device Manager and O.K. to finish. You will probibly have to Reboot and It should be set to the Drive that you want it at.

This will make the new drive come after the CD. If you don't want to do that, then you'll have to edit the Registry.

E_T
      Come and see me at WePlayCiv
      Worship the Comic here!
      Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Otherwise, as a temporary solution to the problem (I needed to do this for a while whilst my CD-ROM didn't work at all), use the no-cd crack here.
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Thank you both, I seem now to have everything working.
          Aggie
          The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Working...
          X