Submission to the Senate: DM Plan to build Iron Works in Heliopolis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Submission to the Senate: DM Plan to build Iron Works in Heliopolis

Domestic Ministries Plan for building the Iron Works Small Wonder at Heliopolis:

Heliopolis is currently building a Cathedral, to achieve WLAD {We Love Aggie Day}. It will not be until 1140AB when we can release PW from building the Nationwide Railroad Connection Network. I don’t currently have plans to Rush anything this Gameplay because of the possibility of having a negative Income for the first few turns to try to get Industrialization in 6 turns time, we can wait to rush the Cathedral until after we are able to re-tweak the science slider back to a positive income balance. This will also have the added benifit of using the increased Production from the New Railroads in Heliopolis to reduce the cost of rushing the Cathedral.

The pre-build plans for the Construction of the Iron Works after the Cathedral is built is recommended to be the following:

1) Aquaduct - to allow the city to grow beyond size 6
    2) Marketplace - to keep WLAD for city growth up to Size 12
    3) Iron Works

During the Pre-build time, PW’s will work on getting the Food and Shield output for the city up to specifications as a high priority. This will allow for rapid Growth and as high of a shield output after Production Waste as possible.

I plan to have the Pre-builds rushed at about 1/3rd to 2/3rds through production of their builds, to quicken the process. This was a successful strategy while building the FP at Contaginon, it should also work for this build. This keeps from using too much limited funds for the Pre-build Rushs and having funds for other things, like Mil Unit Upgrades, etc.

We might also want to explore having a Factory (50% more sheilds) and/or a Police Station (for decreased Waste) before we start on the Iron Works, but I believe that we won’t need it.

Unless the Senate has any specific Input or extreme changes to this plan, this is what the Domestic Ministries will set as it’s overall plan.

E_T
    Come and see me at WePlayCiv
    Worship the Comic here!
    Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

We might also want to explore having a Factory (50% more sheilds) and/or a Police Station (for decreased Waste) before we start on the Iron Works, but I believe that we won’t need it.
    The answer my friends lies in the numbers.

Factory 240 shields (50% shield bonus)
    Iron Works 300 shields (100% shield bonus)

Which ever is first requires full allotment of base shields
    The second build still requires full shield count but reduced base shields.

Factory first: 240 + 300*2/3 = 440 base shields
    Iron Works first 300 + 240/2 = 420 base shields

So IW first makes more efficient use of base shields.

Comment

Good analysis, Canyontree. Yes, lets get the Iron Works before the factory.
      Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
      King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
      ---------
      May God Bless.

Comment

I second Canyontree's analysis.
        Btw, once we're done with Germany we should reexamine the possibilities for the location of a new palace.
        "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
        And the truth isn't what you want to see,
        Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
        - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Originally posted by Shiber
          I second Canyontree's analysis.
          Btw, once we're done with Germany we should reexamine the possibilities for the location of a new palace.
          I've asked for the Senate to form a new Committee to look into this, but with no results.

E_T
          Worship the Comic here!
          Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

I say just do it. Do It. DO IT!!!!!

(point taken I assume)
            If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

We'll hopefully be taking Hamburg soon. Shouldn't we wait to see which site we'd prefer?

Comment

Originally posted by Kloreep
                We'll hopefully be taking Hamburg soon. Shouldn't we wait to see which site we'd prefer?
                Yes, Hamburg would be a better place, because of being FP Centric for Production Waste, but we would have to Also have to pre-build a Temple and maybe a Courthouse first. We also won't have it for at least 16 turns. Do we want to wait? Hamburg's Coal or Iron might move too.

It will be an Alternate Site, if we lose the Coal or Iron that is at Heliopolis.

E_T
                Worship the Comic here!

Comment

Originally posted by GodKing
                  I say just do it. Do It. DO IT!!!!!

(point taken I assume)
                  Which, the Iron Works or the Palace?

E_T
                  Worship the Comic here!

Comment

Point taken. We should move the palace closer to Heliopolis anyway.

I second "JUST DO IT" for Iron Works. The Palace needs a poll, but I'd say forget committees; just pick a few sites you want, and if someone doesn't like them, they can come up with some themselves.

Comment

Taken from another thread:

Originally posted by E_T
                      I would rather use that money to do the pre-build rushs for the Iron Works in Heliopolis.
                      E_T
                      Question: can you pre-build-rush Iron Works? I know you can't pre-build-rush great wonders, and IIRC you can't pre-build-rush small wonders either, and Iron Works is a small wonder.
                      - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

I was talking about rushing the items that are to be built BEFORE starting on the actual IW build. These are built to help support the speedy construction of the IW (or any other Wonder, great or small).

So, when I talk about Pre-build Rushs, I mean the things that are to be built & rushed prior to building the Item. Got it?

E_T
                        Worship the Comic here!

Comment

Understood. I thought you meant something different.
                          - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

I'd sugest lowering the science rate low enough to support rushing the current Catherdrial build, followed by rushing the aquaduct (after waiting one turn) [along with pre-builds for a Palace nearby] and after these prebuilds are compelte, raising the science rate back up.
                            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                            Templar Science Minister
                            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Macross City AND Here It Is can both support Palace builds now. Because we are just a few turns away from Factories, it might be best to have a factory built first, before moving the palace.

E_T
                              Worship the Comic here!

Comment

Working...
                              X