Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many active members do this game have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many active members do this game have?

I remember when this game started and you had a new post for that day in every thread for the last three pages, but from quickly glancing around, it seems to have really slowed down.

How many of you are still around actively participating in the game? And how did you kill off everyone else who used to play?

Sorry wrong forum
    "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
    -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

Is it the wrong forum?

I think that now, there are more people involved in the PTW DG, as well as they just got bored once victory was 'assured'

Also, American Thanksgiving is slowing down the number of posts this weekend.
      Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
      King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
      ---------
      May God Bless.

Comment

Panzer's reasons, most likely.
        "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
        And the truth isn't what you want to see,
        Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
        - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Yeah, Thanksgiving has slowed the forum down a lot. Many of the ministers and active posters are away from home and are too busy to/incapable of getting on Poly. It should pick back up next week.

Comment

There are still enough posters around to keep this game running. True, the PtW demogame drained a lot of people away, I'm also more active there than here, but that also means, less spam and more gameplay.

There are other dead demogames in this forum. For instance one, which is going to start since 6 weeks, and not a single turn is played for all the time.

Comment

I still read the goings on here, but haven't been posting or attended the recent turnchats.

The best reason I can give is that recently there was a period (a little over a week) where NOTHING happened. (no turnchats, no Gazette, it was peacetime, etc) What do you talk about when nothing is going on? I believe that brief period of inactivity, in combination with the building excitement of the PTW game, really had an impact here.

Perhaps the Zulu war will re-ignite the interest level.

Comment

Originally posted by dejon
                Perhaps the Zulu war will re-ignite the interest level.
                War rocks (not in RL, though)!
                Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Same situation as dejon...I just kinda read the stuuf going on. I dont take the time to post much anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
                    There are other dead demogames in this forum. For instance one, which is going to start since 6 weeks, and not a single turn is played for all the time.
                    i'm in two of them

Civ2 and CtP2.

for want of a minister

Comment

I am OOC (out of country), away from my copy of civ and thus can do little more than watch and occasionally guess what the game looks like.

I still check up on you guys though. Don't want all that time and effort to go to waste.
                      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I'm still reading and voting, but I've less and less computer access during the weeks so my posts have decreaced a lot.
                        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

I always lurk more than I post

Still check the boards daily though, and I have followed the game since the beginning

And I vote in almost every poll
                          "No Comment"

Comment

Like Hot_Enamel, I'm a lurker.

I don't understand why some are so conserned about what they cannot control. There is plenty of players to continue, so play and enjoy.

Comment

I'm not exactly a lurker, but I'm without the time to post so much. In one or two weeks i'll be back
                              RIAA sucks
                              The Optimistas
                              I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Working...
                              X