No announcement yet.

11/27 Chat Starting Shortly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally I'm tired of seeing Germany beating us to techs all the time. To war!!
    SMC Thud, any estimates on how long before we declare war against Germany?
    Don't hold your breath. There appears to be a conspiracy between our peacenick SMC and our FM to make it extremely difficult for us to attack Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiber
      Personally I'm tired of seeing Germany beating us to techs all the time. To war!!
      SMC Thud, any estimates on how long before we declare war against Germany?
      We should be able to beat them to Industrialization. We are both in the starting gate, but We've added a few more Research & Monitary Improvements sence we started on Sanitation. Also, Germany had a one turn head start on us with Sanitation and we both tied, so we are doing it right.

We can get Industrialization in 6 turns if we take a breif income hit of -34 LPT (7 turns @ +68LPT). THis is BEFORE any further tech & other trades. We have 375 in our coffers and we'll get money from the Zulu in 4 turns when we go for peace.

We will also have 1 Bank in 2 turns (which will also allow us to start on building Wall Street); 2 Universities in 1 turn and 1 more in 3 turns (we also had one come online just this turn); 1 Library in 4 turns. We will have 1 city that will grow beyond size 6 next turn, with 1 more in 3 turns and 2 more after that in 4 turns. We should have NO problem tweeking down the slider in a couple of turns time, if we go at this rate. We should beat Otto to Industrialisation and be able to sell it at our leasure.

As for Otto, we didn't renew the Spice deal with him last turn, as it would have been Revenue Neutral if we had, we let it ride. So we are currently 16 turns away from the possible D-day when we have to renew the Peace Treaty with Otto. We have one more Renegote in 11 turns (for Incense & Dyes) that we can let ride, too.

I'm making my plans based on 16 turns.

E_T
      Come and see me at WePlayCiv
      Worship the Comic here!
      Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Originally posted by canyontree

Don't hold your breath. There appears to be a conspiracy between our peacenick SMC and our FM to make it extremely difficult for us to attack Germany.
        Arnelos is not here to defend himself, but I will say that I strongly disagree with the notion he is in 'conspiracy' with Thud over the issue.

He clearly has stated, several times now, that he is renewing deals with Germany because he is told that the war is more than twenty days away. In fact, to quote from a post on the issue in the orders thread (addressed to E_T), he says:

Originally posted by Arnelos
        E_T,

Neither the SMC nor the President has given me a solid idea on the TIMING for any war with Germany. Whenever I ask, I'm told that war is safely more than 20 turns away, so I keep signing agreements with Germany. Once we (1) a solid war plan, (2) a solid complete construction timeline to meet the needs of that warplan, and the SMC can give me a DATE for the war to start, then I (in conjunction with any interested members of the Senate) can consider whether it is wise to continue making agreements with Germany.

Considering that you, as Domestic Minister, have been doing a very good job of attempting to accomodate what war planning that has been taking place (primarily in the Senate), the problem right now is the absense of the SMC and an official war plan with a timeline that the FAM can use to do the proper geopolitical manuevering.

Thus, I recommend that we hold some form of Cabinet Meeting (via mIRC chat?) to discuss the issue of war plans and timing for the war (should the Senate approve of eventually going to war...). Obviously, we'll need to make sure our SMC (who seems to have already left for his family vacation - I leave tomorrow) shows up
        Once Arnelos is back, I'm sure he can defend himself far better than I can, but I wanted to go ahead and point out that he has clearly stated that he is not trying to stop a war on Germany -- he's just waiting to be told when it is time to execute the war.

-- adaMada
        Civ 3 Democracy Game:
        PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
        Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

Here, Here!

I did discuss this issue with Arnelos in chat and we agreed that we'll see how the one lux deal with Germany goes. That would give us 20 turns from that time to work properly on this issue.

As the lux deal was NOT renegotiated, because of the fact it would have been Revenue Neutral, it was desided in Turnchat (according to FAM Arnelos's orders) to let it ride.

We can effectively start the war in 16 turn from now. We should be ready, dispite the little speed bump that Shaka has provided us with!

E_T
          Worship the Comic here!
          Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

1100AB Public Works Save

Here is the PW save for 1100AB. I won't go into full details, but we have 8 cities connected via RR, from Opiadom to Muncie (29 total tiles have been RR'ed). Other stuff was done too.

Here is the save.

E_T
            Attached Files
            Worship the Comic here!

Comment

I am not sure what is the exact effect of railroads, other than allowing free movement. The civilopedia says they increase the effects of mines and irrigation. My question is, how is this increase expressed? Do they increase shield and food output, and if so, by how much?
              "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
              And the truth isn't what you want to see,
              Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
              - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

+1 food on irrigated tiles. (Irrigated grassland produces 3 food before railroading, 4 after.) +1 shield on mined tiles. (Mined normal grassland produces 1 shield before railing, 2 after.)

BTW-- how long until we can talk to Shaka again? Because of the travel times, an invasion of Zulu territory would take us to the point where we'd experience war weariness, and the new holdings would be extremely corrupt.
                oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

5 turns from the beginning of the war is the first chance for peace.
                  Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
                  King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
                  ---------
                  May God Bless.

Comment

The war started the previous turn, so we've got at least four turns of war ahead of us.
                    Personally I see no reason why we should not sue for peace. Surely Shaka would agree to inferior terms. He must be shaking in his boots and cursing himself for making such a wrong move.
                    - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

The war started the previous turn, so we've got at least four turns of war ahead of us.
                      Personally I see no reason why we should not sue for peace. Surely Shaka would agree to inferior terms.
                      We may not be able to extract much, but accepting small tribute now is worth it to be able to focus on Germany.

He must be shaking in his boots and cursing himself for making such a wrong move.
                      Actually, I think he's stumbled into a brilliant move. He used GPT from gems to jump ahead of us in the tech race, and then cancelled all GPT to us by declaring war. Sure, his rep is in the trash, but the AI doesn't care much about that. He could still be in the middle ages if he played it safe like we might.

Comment

You've got a point there. Before the war the Zulu were paying us 48 gpt (an astronomical figure for a civ such as the Zulu, even with all their gems).
                        - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Re: Report from 1070-1090AD

Selling Medicine in 1080 to the Zulus was a serious mistake with us knowing they had a unit near our territory when we started a deal that could be canceled simply by them declaring war.

In addition to them getting it free and clear, the Zulus can now offer this tech to anybody who doesn't have it to get them to betray us as well.

Originally posted by Togas
                          Here's a report from my part of the turnchat:

zulus move past us
                          indians want to talk, offer mpp. We decline.
                          moved muskets to AGC
                          sold medicine to zulu for 18gpt, 28g & wm
                          rush cath in napoleton

greece offer mpp. we refuese
                          zulu drops on uber island.

Aggie takes over turnchat.

--Togas
                          1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                          Templar Science Minister
                          AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

No, if Zulu were a human player he would be rejoicing for having his debts canceled.

Personally I see no reason why we should not sue for peace. Surely Shaka would agree to inferior terms. He must be shaking in his boots and cursing himself for making such a wrong move.
                            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                            Templar Science Minister
                            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
                            X