Vacations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacations

Here in America, it's "Thanksgiving" Season, and many of us travel around to visit family.

Aggie informed me via PM (I'm sure he'll post to the forum soon) that he will be gone for one week, starting tonight.

I will be leaving to visit family on Thursday and will return some time Sunday.

While Aggie is away, I would like to keep the game going. Here are the options:

1) Turnchats at a later time than usual. I work until 8pm EST. I could host a chat at 9pm PST, but that might be too late for most of you. I could do an early Turnchat on Sunday, but that may not be enough time.

2) Turnthreads. All ministers post orders, perhaps just for a turn or two. I process the orders, post report, post save, repeat process. Proceeds slowly. Doesn't allow for as much discussion, but if a major event occured I would pause and allow the nation time to discuss the emergency.

3) Pass Along the Save. Similiar to above. Each minister does his work, posts save, next minister takes over.

Your thoughts? No matter what plans we have, the game will probably be "on a holiday" from Thurs-Sat of next week.

--Togas
    Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
    Member of the Mercenary Team in the Civ 4 Team Democracy Game.
    Former Consul for the Apolyton C3C Intersite Tournament Team.
    Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

If the ministers agree, we can have a daily 1-turn turnthread.
    "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
    And the truth isn't what you want to see,
    Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
    - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Togas,

I will be gone from Wednesday through Sunday myself, also heading out of town to visit family.

I already have orders ready for the next turnchat, however (pending the result of the discussions on whether to buy certain techs and whether to sign certain agreements, etc.), so I'm ready if you want to do a turnchat/turnthread before Wednesday or starting very late on next Sunday.
      Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
      Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
      7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

I have not started on any orders and won't until sometime tomorrow at the earliest. My DP's computer just went on the fritz and I have to T-Shoot it and get it running again. Almost all of his E-bay (and other) stuff is on it and we needs to get it back up.

Also, I need some determination on the budget Items that I submitted, so that I can write proper orders to include them.

E_T
        Come and see me at WePlayCiv
        Worship the Comic here!
        Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Sorry to be late in posting it, I was busy earlier today. I will be gone from tomorrow morning to Fri/Sat. For this period Togas is acting president and he has full presidential powers.
          Aggie
          The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Clearly, a turnchat on Sunday won't be possible. We need to now decide if we want to go with either:

1) one day turnthreads: You post your orders, I do the moves, report back, post save, repeat. I prefer this to doing the mass turnthreads as it keeps everyone more involved and allows for more "on the fly" adjustments by the ministers.

2) pass along the save to the ministers. Similar to the one day turnthreads but the ministers do their own moves and then hand off.

3) Late turnchat on Wednesday evening, 9pm EST.

4) Last resort ... no turns at all this week. I hope that it doesn't come to that.

Please let me know what you'd prefer to do as soon as possible. I will do what I can to coordinate.

--Togas
            Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
            Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Comment

Late Wednesday sounds good to me. We can also try to get as much done before hand, via passing around the save. You should start an orders thread for this.

E_T
              Come and see me at WePlayCiv
              Worship the Comic here!
              Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Ok, I'm now apparently leaving on my roadtrip at 12 p.m. (that's noon) EST on Wednesday. So I can't make a 9 p.m. Wednesday chat (either EST or GMT).

I hereby vote for passing around the save or doing 1-day turnthreads first

AND

doing a turnchat on next Monday (everyone should be back by then).
                Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Just to let everyone know, I will be on vacation from Thurs - Sunday afternoon. Aggie should return prior to my return. If anyone wants to voluteer to be "vice-vice President" please PM me. You can watch the ship for the next two days.

The turnchat today will be wrapped up and reports posted before I go.

--Togas

Comment

ANARCHY!!!!
                    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Working...
                    X