Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the consequences of breaking an alliance worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the consequences of breaking an alliance worth it?

Given the cost of an alliance, I find the reputation hit worth it, I usually stay allied for about 6 turns, then sign a peace treaty. It seems that the cost of the next alliance are higher, but not as high as paying for 14 turns of war, and 2 civs usually end up fighting each other for a long time, so breaking the alliance seems worth it. This might be a tactic we can use against Germany.

What are your experiences breaking alliances?

When you break an alliance your reputation takes a tremendous hit and is gradually regained over a long period of time. In the mean time, the rest of the world will change their attitude toward us and give us worse deals.
    IMHO the price of breaking a treaty is beyond estimate.
    "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
    And the truth isn't what you want to see,
    Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
    - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Re: Are the consequences of breaking an alliance worth it?

Originally posted by realpolitic
      Given the cost of an alliance, I find the reputation hit worth it, I usually stay allied for about 6 turns, then sign a peace treaty. It seems that the cost of the next alliance are higher, but not as high as paying for 14 turns of war, and 2 civs usually end up fighting each other for a long time, so breaking the alliance seems worth it. This might be a tactic we can use against Germany.

What are your experiences breaking alliances?
      hi ,

, in short "no"

have a nice day
      - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
      - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
      WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Don't break alliances.

If war werriousness becomes too much of a problem during the middle of the war we can take advantage of our being a Religious civ for the 1 turn Anarchy.
        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
        Templar Science Minister
        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
        X