PreAmendment Discussion- Election Tie breaking procedure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best score idea is interesting.

However as a judge I have to say that The Court should first be able to look at the voter list to determine if there was a true winner. If the election is still a tie then we could do the highest score.

Or maybe we should let The Court decide if they want to first see the voter list or just go straight to the game of civ.
    For your photo needs:
    http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

DAVOUT makes a good point with regards to tiebreakers...even in football, at the close of the season two tied teams know who the winner will be based on the tiebreaking system they have which is not based on random chance except in the odd chance that all the other tiebreakers also end in ties.

We could add a third to our list and make the last tie breaker as RPS.

The problem with random is that RPS or shooting it out or picking a number are subject to human error or fixing whether doing over the internet or in person. Even if monitored by the Court, whose to say that members of the Court won't cheat for another member. And if they play a game against each other, how do you know that one player won't play ahead or cheat?

As for checking voter records, I say there is no need. Its a waste of time. Many people do not want the Court or anyone to know how they voted or whether they voted. And, members of the Court are human, and what do we have to guarantee they do not leak out details of the voting records?

I'm not sure why anyone would argue with having instantaneous tiebreakers that can not be influenced by anyone inside the game?

Oh yeah, BTW, this is still just a game. Let the game be played without unnecessary delay. Using the instantaneous tiebreakers I mentioned above would do just that.
      Note: the Law Offices of jdjdjd are temporarily closed.
      "Next time I say something like 'lets go to Bolivia', lets go to Bolivia"

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
        A shoot out is fairly random...
        M-203's at 50 Yards....

E_T
        Come and see me at WePlayCiv
        Worship the Comic here!
        Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

how do you know that one player won't play ahead or cheat?
          You don't. You just have to have faith and trust people to do the right thing. We never know if anyone is playing ahead in this game and we just have to trust them not to.
          For your photo needs:
          http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

Why not Russian Roulette?
            Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
            Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
            7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

I think the ammendment discussion sort of petered out...
              Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
              King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
              ---------
              May God Bless.

Comment

With the Term end Rapidly approching and the new elections looming, we need to try to get this discussion restarted.

So, how DO we want to break a possible tie, that would be fair and equivical towards everybody?

E_T
                Come and see me at WePlayCiv
                Worship the Comic here!
                Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

RPS!

Comment

Refer back to my initial post
                    Note: the Law Offices of jdjdjd are temporarily closed.
                    "Next time I say something like 'lets go to Bolivia', lets go to Bolivia"

Comment

RPS.

Comment

I am positive the court is completely aware of the wishes of the people who have spoken.

Something quick. Something unbiased.

In the event that another tie occurs (how likely is that?) I am sure we will see a different result.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                        X