No announcement yet.

Declaring War!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually much of my family likes to watch the annual Dallas Cowboys Thankgiving Day Game. Myself, I prefer to only watch games where both teams have winning records.

Originally posted by E_T
    The celibration of Thanksgiving in the USA. Where real men watch football games that they don't care about, while the rest of the family gets the meal together.

Afterwards,they have to go to the Gym for 2 months to work off the calories that the accumulate in that one meal.

E_T
    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
    Templar Science Minister
    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

War of 1812 overall was a decisive defeat for the British.

Pre-War of 1812, the British controled forts inside US territory, most notably Fort Detriot.

By the time the war ended, the Brits were out of all those forts and the US also had complete naval control of the Great Lakes. (The British held on to their complete naval control of the Atlantic Ocean, Gulf of Mexico, and Carabean sea.)

I'm not sure if there were enough UK troops invading the New York from Canada that were Canadians to also credit Canada with a loss for that campaign.

But there were enough Candidan irregulars defending Canada during the campaign in which the US invaded Canada to credit Canada for a victory in that portion of that campaign. (And the Canadain irregulars also beat off a US invasion during the Revolutionary War as well.)

Originally posted by Arnelos

War of 1812: The Brits tried to invade the United States from Canada and failed, the United States tried to invade Canada and failed. That's typically called a stalemate.
      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
      Templar Science Minister
      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos
        Curling: CURLING?! You're honestly considering CURLING to be a source of national pride?!?!? Man, that's just sad....
        Well, living here in Utah, about a block from the Ice Rink of the Olympics, we were exposed to Curling last year when they were GIVING AWAY THE TICKETS because no one wanted them.

You know, there is alot more to it than you would think. It is actually a pretty fun sport, and easy to learn, yet harder than it appears. We actually started up a little Curling league here in Ogden, so I understand...somewhat.

Give me football any day, though.
        One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Just looked at the save and things are looking really good. I forget how fast things move in the game.

The age old wish of clearing the jungle that is our homeland has been completed and we are more on top than ever before.

A big well done to WIA and the term 5 crew and a good luck to aggie et al for the next term and to GK on being a new judge.
          Are we having fun yet?

Comment

Curling: CURLING?! You're honestly considering CURLING to be a source of national pride?!?!? Man, that's just sad....
            Yup, I do...

Well, living here in Utah, about a block from the Ice Rink of the Olympics, we were exposed to Curling last year when they were GIVING AWAY THE TICKETS because no one wanted them.
            Sweet, I curl every week, but have never been to any important events (people here do want the tickets )

Yeah, war of 1812 was pretty much a stalemate, just wanted to get some discussion going...

Football: never watch it, only somewhat follow the CFL
            Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
            King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
            ---------
            May God Bless.

Comment

btw... back to the discussion higher up in this thread.

We ARE cancelling any turnchats for next weekend, right? (would be quite pointless with the entire government w/o their ISP's and such)
              Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
              Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
              7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by Panzer32

Yup, I do...

Sweet, I curl every week, but have never been to any important events (people here do want the tickets )

Football: never watch it, only somewhat follow the CFL
                CFL is a riot to watch.

Yeah, I never thought I would like Curling, it was the brunt of allot of jokes here before the Olympics. But then, I was here, had tickets handed to me, and thought, well, may as well go 'be a part of the Olympics' since this is most likely the only time in my life that will happen. Next thing I know, I am there every night watching the Curling matches...FOR FREE.

We had some Canadian reporters living in our basement too. (kinda have an apartment down there) It was a pretty fun time all round.
                One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

The turkey has landed!

Ssgt roadcage (retired)

Comment

Working...
                  X