Senate Bill On Organization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senate Bill On Organization

It is time to decide what we want to do with the Senate.

This poll is to choose between three extremely different types of organization:

1. A neutral organization (DAVOUT proposal)

Senate Rules of Procedures

In application of the Constitution (Article II, §11), the Senate organizes its works according to the following Rules of Procedure.

1. The Senate Archives Office (SAF) keeps records of all laws, motions, resolutions, and otherwise that are passed, amended, or removed, as stated in the Constitution (Article II §12), as well as reports, minutes, treaties, and documents of any kind, created by the Senate. The Keeper of the SAF organize the filing in multiple criteria, mainly chronological, nature, subjects, and any other he finds appropriate.

2. The Secretary of the Senate (SecoS) maintains the Agenda of what is currently in progress and what is to be done but not yet started.

3. The Senate Commission of Laws (SenCL), in view of ensuring a high quality of all legal writings, offers to all Senators, individually or in commissions, to review the text of any poll, laws, orders, etc, they intend to publish; once the review is passed, the text will bear the stamp Reviewed by The Senate Commission of Laws. A text not reviewed is normally published, but do not bear the stamp.

4.Senate Committees controls the Government action; in order to reduce duplication of efforts its members accept that all threads they would have previously opened under their name be discussed by the Committees, and, if agreed by the members, be published under the heading of the related Committee, with them as Author. The following committees will be created as and when two Senators will decide so, one of them filling the Secretary function:
    - Domestic Affairs (ComDAf)
    - Military Affairs (CoMil)
    - Foreign Affairs (ComFA)
    - Economy and Finance (ComEF)
    - Science (ComSCI)

5 All Senator can become a member of one or several committees, permanently or temporarily; as a consequence, the internal polls that the committees could decide to make will not refer to any quorum, but only to voters.

6. Each Committee nominates a Secretary to keep track of the members and maintain a list of current members.

7. Internal polls in committees are not automatically counted; each Senator posts his vote which is public.

8. The rules of procedures describing how each Committee intends to organize its works will be annexed to and part of the present Senate Rules of Procedures.

9. The incumbents of the posts opened in §1 and 2 are nominated then approved in a poll. These functions have no effects on the Senators rights.

2. A political organization (Thud proposal)
    1. Supreme Bigwig(aka SAF, any name will do) :
    keeps records of all laws, motions, resolutions, and otherwise that are passed, amended, or removed, as stated in the Constitution (Article II §12), as well as reports, minutes, treaties, and documents of any kind, created by the Senate. The Keeper of the SAF organize the filing in multiple criteria, mainly chronological, nature, subjects, and any other he finds appropriate.
    2. Senate Majority\Minority Leaders:
    A referendum will be taken to determine the party or bloc of voters that is most popular. i.e. people will say the Hawks have more power than the DIA or independents. The Hawk representative or leader will become the Senate Majority Leader, and the DIA and independents will share a Minority Leader. Each Leader would draft Agendas. Differing Agendas would lead to real purpose to opposition, and would clearly expose issues to the public eye.
    3. Senate Oversight Committee:
    A comination of ComDAf, ComFA, ComEF, and retaining those organizations as subcommittees. This is to simplify the process: any thread regarding domestic or nonmilitary foreign affairs will be submitted to the SOC.
    5. The Senate Commission of Military Affairs (CoMil)
    6. Commision on Science, Technology, and Development: Examines the method the President and Ministers take in futuring progresive growth and choosing techs.
    All commisions will serve pretty much the same purpose and work pretty much the same way as Davout suggests.

3. A total absence of organization (GodKing proposal)
    We don't need no stinkin organization. Just yell and say what ya want to say, when ya want to say it, and if ya don't like what ya hear, throw some o' those rotton bananas at whomever said it.

Quorum is 14
    Neutral organization : approves the organization described under §1
    Political organization : approves the organization described under §2
    Absence of organization : approves the absence illustrated under §3
    Abstain is counted in quorum and has no effect on the vote
    This poll lasts for 3 days.
    Neutral organization
    31.82%
    Political organization
    4.55%
    Absence of organization
    59.09%
    Abstain
    4.55%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by DAVOUT; November 21, 2002, 06:18.
    Statistical anomaly.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

No organization!

We have a tough enough time getting ministers and deputies, why make more official positions.

I have an interesting idea how to record billls and laws passed under such a system too... We will make a Book of Laws thread. In it, each Bill, Law, whatever will be placed. Who is in charge of it? NO ONE Whoever writes the bill in question will be responsible for replying to the Book of Laws thread with a copy of the Bill/law/motion, and a link to the poll passing the bill/law/motion.
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I recognize that yelling and throwing rotten bananas is quite tempting ...
      Statistical anomaly.

Comment

Question.

I am not that familiar with the newcon yet, is this a simple majority, or a 2/3 type thing?
        One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Simple. But if it is voted by less than two third, it can be vetoed by the Cabinet.
          Statistical anomaly.

Comment

Actually, in the case of #2, if neither the Hawks, DIA, or any other party got the requiate 50% +1, they should need to get indepdants to cacuss with them for the purposes of picking the majority leader and chairmen of committees. (Losing colition would pick minority leader & ranking minority members.)

But this may be academic, with both #1 and #3 so far with more votes than #2.
            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

I go with no organization.

Ummm...I would also say that as soon as possible, we move to remove the quorum rules on our votes.
              Note: the Law Offices of jdjdjd are temporarily closed.
              "Next time I say something like 'lets go to Bolivia', lets go to Bolivia"

Comment

No organization! It's jsut unnecessary clutterment!

Comment

Found this in the NewCon:
                  (a) To propose a law, a senator must post a poll that is clear, unbiased, states the proposed law in its entirety, and gives three options: “yea”, “nay”, and “abstain”.
                  I think that invalidates this poll

Comment

Well, if "No organization" passes, no further action is needed.

But if either #1 or #2 win, apprently it will have to voted up or down on the yes/no basis to become offical.
                    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                    Templar Science Minister
                    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

As we have the power to write our own rules, I think, so long as we are in agreement, lets just let the poll go. And agree that we are the Senate and control our own rules and we can post polls, that are unbiased and pertinent, without having to restrict it to yes, no and abstain; so long as going outside that restriction does not make the poll confusing or ambiguous, and this poll looks fine to me.
                      Note: the Law Offices of jdjdjd are temporarily closed.
                      "Next time I say something like 'lets go to Bolivia', lets go to Bolivia"

Comment

If there were real parties that might be interesting, but I say given our current situation that no orgainization is be best choice.

Comment

I know, it's jsut that i think technically if something other than no organization passes we would have to have a yes/no poll. If no one objects to not doing that, thouhg, such a poll is unnecessary

Comment

The 3rd proposal has been approved by 61.90%

The Senate of Apolytonia, conceived in the new Constitution, is therefore just a word. The citizens are suggested to behave as follows :

*We don't need no stinkin organization. Just yell and say what ya want to say, when ya want to say it, and if ya don't like what ya hear, throw some o' those rotton bananas at whomever said it.*

In the case there would be a shortage of rotten bananas, I know a reliable supplier of rotten squiDs.
                            Statistical anomaly.

Comment

Working...
                            X