This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW

A visit by the powerful and merciless Ming...
    Last edited by Arnelos; November 21, 2002, 03:48.
    Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

So then, Ghengis. Just to be clear, I have permission to post that PM on this forum?
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

As long as he agrees... no problem here
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

hi ,

, maybe for next time we should not use PM's , this way the evidence can be taken of the threads , ......

have a nice day
          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
            So then, Ghengis. Just to be clear, I have permission to post that PM on this forum?
            Yes, and for the record I didn't want to use PMs. The only reason I PMd nye is because he MADE me do it.

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb

Yes, and for the record I didn't want to use PMs. The only reason I PMd nye is because he MADE me do it.
              hi ,

ahem , did he twist your arm or something , ........?

could this matter be cleared out ones and for all , ...?

have a nice day
              - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
              - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
              WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Posted without further comment:

GhengisFarb wrote on 16-11-2002 05:55:
                notyoueither wrote on 16-11-2002 01:30:

We are wondering if you intend to stand behind your concession. That is your right and is somewhat heroic. If however, you wish the court to run it's course in this matter we will.

In either case we will post our decision as to how this situation of a tied 2 way race is to be resolved.

nye
                I have thought about this, and there is only one city I would do differently than E_T and that is Ghengistown. Other than that my primary concepts were for setting procedures to name cities, etc.

If E_T would be willing to let me control Ghengistown in my own way, with 6 Egyptian workers, and set the naming procedures I would be more than willing to let him control all other cities, worker/settlers and budget.

Perhaps I could be Deputy in charge of that one city and naming procedures.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

And behold!

The infamous PM the court has so often referred to where I laid out my plot to take over all Domestic issues and become Emperor of Apolytonia.

Its much more peaceful in exile.
                  Last edited by GhengisFarb™; November 21, 2002, 20:20.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                    Now, please do not blame GF for this, and do not blame the court. It is GF's right to communicate his intentions with the court. It is the courts responsibility to interpret his public and private communications. That is being done.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

You then used my willingness to assist you to destroy my reputation and lied about working to set a procedure because you have done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do so.
                      GhengisFarb you know nothing regarding what The Court has done to set up a procedure for future ties.

I will let you know that we are working on a solution and are taking it very seriously. I know that we will have a solution once The Senate is established.
                      For your photo needs:
                      http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

You then used my willingness to assist you to destroy my reputation.
                        Personally:

I do not believe that your reputation has been heavily damaged and if any damage has been done to your reputation it was done as a result of your actions, not The Court's.
                        For your photo needs:
                        http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

Originally posted by E_T
                          I really don't think that the ConCon had thought that we would ever see a tie and/or thought that the courts would work quickly to resolve this kind of thing.
                          We were more focused on the Trip v. Ninot election and the abundance of questionable votes. But we did put in that The Court would resolve ties...

Personally, I just thought they'd flip a coin, Rock-Paper-Scissor, or do a vote amongst themselves (5 members) to break the tie.

I have a couple of solution ideas/amendments already, but I'm going to wait and see if The Court has already made a solution before I post anything.

--Togas
                          Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
                          Member of the Mercenary Team in the Civ 4 Team Democracy Game.
                          Former Consul for the Apolyton C3C Intersite Tournament Team.
                          Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Togas

We were more focused on the Trip v. Ninot election and the abundance of questionable votes. But we did put in that The Court would resolve ties...

Personally, I just thought they'd flip a coin, Rock-Paper-Scissor, or do a vote amongst themselves (5 members) to break the tie.

I have a couple of solution ideas/amendments already, but I'm going to wait and see if The Court has already made a solution before I post anything.

--Togas
                            It sounds like the NewCon has given the Court WAAAAYYY to much leeway on their options... Even if the Court came up with a precedent, I wouldn't be comfortable with the fact that there's really nothing to stop a future Court from violating that precedent and establishing their own (even with the general respect of Common Law concepts by the Court, this is not legally established anywhere I know of). I'd be far more comfortable if a way to handle ties was [Iexplicitly[/I] handled in the constitution... so, IMO, Togas go ahead and present whatever you have if you have it (please!). If not, I'm sure the rest of us will dig something up as well.
                            Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                            Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                            7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

I agree with Arnelos, the proceedure should be set in stone.

E_T
                              Come and see me at WePlayCiv
                              Worship the Comic here!
                              Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

My intitial and current belief is that such a tie could be considered under the rule that says if nobody gets 50% we have a runoff. It is very likley that the 2nd vote could be different, but we would have to establish rules for a tie on the runoff vote. One suggestion is that either the senate votes or the seated minister+pres vote(the reason for not the vp vote is that since the Pres appoints the VP, it could lead to a situation where the pres would appoint the vp to vote down a candidate). Since the senate has 4 less votes than the population as a whole(the 3 ministers/vp/pres) the vote could be tied. With the ministers with only 3 people the vote here wouldn't be tied. Just some ideas. Do you all want me to post a thread called"Preadmendment discussion on election ties" and top it or do you want the discussion to be left in the thread.
                                Aggie
                                The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Working...
                                X