Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Election: Foreign Affairs Minister (term 6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy crow! We've got a race.

Very good, very good. Carry on fellows.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Yeah, I've been watching it pretty closely... it's been excruciating

I gain 2 votes, then adaMada gains 3 votes, then I gain 4 votes, then we start going up in 1-vote increments again - repeat.

Over the past several votes on each side, it's just kept tying over and over. To the best of my knowledge there were ties at all of the following numbers:

4, 7, 9, (somewhere between 11 and 15), 17, 19

It's safe to say that we have no idea where this is going to end up, a real nail-bitter (almost literally...)
      Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
      Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
      7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Still something like 4 or 5 votes left if we averaged out the voter turnout this time around.

Keep hanging in there.... c'mon adaMada!
        Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
        Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

Hey! I'm still here

Average turnout for Term V races was 65 votes.
          Average turnout here so far is 42 (high turnout is 44 - for Prez and DM) and this race is only 39.

There are still a number of 3rd-day voters out there somewhere

Vote here

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos
            Hey! I'm still here

Average turnout for Term V races was 65 votes.
            Average turnout here so far is 42 (high turnout is 44 - for Prez and DM) and this race is only 39.

There are still a number of 3rd-day voters out there somewhere

Vote here
            Er... doesn't the voting close lateish on the fifteenth?

Anyway, this has been a really great race. I don't think either side has lead by more than two votes (unless Arnelos went up 3-0 at the start of the race for a short period of time, which is possible), and we've been tied more often than not.

Anyway, I'll post the campeign documents I promised this afternoon, after I get home .

-- adaMada
            Civ 3 Democracy Game:
            PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
            Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

We're tied again

God bless who-ever just voted for me

Comment

THis was a really tough choise, two very good men, both with very good ideas. But I've finally desided and my vote is now cast.

Whom ever wins, look to having the other as your Vice.

E_T
                Come and see me at WePlayCiv
                Worship the Comic here!
                Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

According to the current poll counts, there are still 4 people who still have to vote in this election.

E_T
                  Worship the Comic here!
                  Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Make that 3. (I voted on everything else two days ago and just voted on this position now.)

Originally posted by E_T
                    According to the current poll counts, there are still 4 people who still have to vote in this election.

E_T
                    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                    Templar Science Minister
                    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

[EDIT] Wrong day, they have been running together lately.........

E_T
                      Last edited by E_T; November 14, 2002, 16:56.
                      Worship the Comic here!

Comment

hi ,

hmm , well Arnelos , lets hope that your new blood does some good in the government (!)

however , if you fail , you shall feel the wrath of the mighty banana

have a nice day
                        - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                        - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                        WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Wow. Talk about a flip-flop while I was away.

Having said that, we've still got twenty four hours (seventy four hours from time of posting), and it's possible some new voters will come in in that time. I'm also not sure that the poll counts are totally accurate -- I haven't voted in at least one election, and I'd be inclined to believe I'm not alone. As such, I'll still sit down and write the promised campeign statements -- I'm not all that sure it'll help much , but I did promise them.

-- adaMada
                          Civ 3 Democracy Game:

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos
                            Issues Where It is Unclear if a Difference Exists

Institutional Transparency:
                            Arnelos: A campaign theme. Considers it his duty to post any plans made ahead of time for public scrutiny. Is a "stickler" for institutional transparency, meaning that the people know what the people running things are up to and why. Sites how he handled last turnchat's report as example.
                            adaMada: Did not comment on issue

Collaboration with Cabinet:
                            Arnelos: Considers it critical to consult with any elected official potentially impacted by a policy and, at the very least, obtain their opinion on the issue. Executive leadership style is "focused on consensus-building", in contrast to legislative leadership style
                            adaMada: Doesn't mention it specifically

Tech Sales:
                            Arnelos: Would like to establish unsellable technologies in the future (suggests Atomic Theory and Electronics as the top candidates), but unsure if this is possible. Would consider putting any military target on a list of civs not to sell ANY tech to (such as potentially the Zulus) until just before war (to empty their treasury).
                            adaMada: Doesn't address issue directly.
                            Institutional Transparency:
                            I am a strong believer in providing the public with all the information it requires to make informed decisions without opening the game. A major goal of any term I should serve would be to create a strong, effective Intelligence Department charged with producing reports and analysis for public consumption. As for true 'Institutional Transparency', I have mixed feelings. I plan to hide nothing from the citizens, but I want to come forth with any underdeveloped plans. Rather, I plan to ensure that all plans presented by the Foreign Ministry are well thought out and considered. This isn't jargon for "I'm not going to tell you what we're doing" -- but I have no desire to waste the Senate's time by releasing plans that frankly aren't ready for it. Any plan we do go through with will obviously be available to the senate for inspection, and I'd always be very open in sharing information with any citizen who asks, as well as publishing information on what we've done and why. Honestly, I'm not sure if this is much different from what Arnelos'll do -- I think we both place a lot of emphasis on communication with other players.

Collaboration with Cabinet:
                            Collaborating with the Cabinet will be crucial for a successful Foreign Ministry office. Our nation requires government officials who are in sync. Furthermore, under NewCon, members of the Cabinet must agree with the FAM's proposals or else bills do not pass. As such, I'd make every effort possible to work with and for the other cabinet officials. I've always believed we are weak individually and strong as a team, which is the philosophy I'd take when dealing with the rest of the Cabinet. Lastly, I'd (as always ) be willing to consider the benefits of appointing a deputy to collaborate with the Cabinet, but would again want to ensure that such a position didn't hurt FAM-Cabinet collaboration rather than further it.

Tech Sales:
                            I see techs as another resource. If we can keep a monopoly on any tech, then I'd be all for keeping it to ourselves. On the flip side, if the AI were about to get it or if everyone had it except a given civ that is not a threat, I'd be for selling it. We must ensure that we don't give techs away, perhaps by bundling them with other deals, but we also want to make use of them before the AI does. As normal, I'd probably wind up considering this on a case-by-case basis, combining the strategies of conservative bargaining and liberal trading to create an effective tech-trade policy.

-- adaMada
                            Civ 3 Democracy Game:

Comment

I'm in awe at how close this election goes. I'd almost like to see it turn up like our equally contested DM election.

Whomever wins, I'll be anxious to see how you improve upon my past policies and what things you change about how our nation handles foriegn affairs.

I know there are things that I could have done better, and I see a lot of promise in both of these two candidates.

--Togas
                              Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
                              Member of the Mercenary Team in the Civ 4 Team Democracy Game.
                              Former Consul for the Apolyton C3C Intersite Tournament Team.
                              Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Comment

Arnelos

Comment

Working...
                                X