Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Election: Foreign Affairs Minister (term 6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Election: Foreign Affairs Minister (term 6)

Candidates
    Arnelos
    adaMada

Closes in 3 days. 72 hours from this post.

Campaign Thread
    Arnelos
    56.00%
    adaMada
    44.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by notyoueither; November 12, 2002, 19:44.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

I would appreciate whatever support I get in this race.

Thanks.
    Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

We are truly fortunate to have two able candidates for this election.

Arnelos is a great guy. I have no doubt that he would do well as Foreign Minister. When I read our campaigns, we agree on most issues. I have no enmity towards him, and would wish him the best of luck in the coming election.

Though I am watching the Debate thread, I am of course available for any questions via PM at any time, should anyone feel more comfortable in that venue.

Best of luck to all the candidates in all the races.

-- adaMada
      Civ 3 Democracy Game:
      PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
      Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

adaMada is an incredible citizen of Apolytonia and I continue to maintain that I was the underdog the moment he entered the race, much as I was the underdog the moment Unorthodox entered my race last term.

I don't think I can count on adaMada dropping out like Unorthodox did last term, so cheers!

We will just have to let the good people of Apolytonia decide!

Apolytonia will be in good hands regardless. adaMada and I get along VERY well, so there's no way in hell I'm going to say anything disparaging about him

Comment

Hey wait a second, who's campaigning fo rwho here?

Arnelos says we should vote for adaMada, and adaMada says we should vote for Arnelos?
          Proud member of the Hawk Party.

Comment

OttomusCeasar,

Actually, I'd rather you voted for me

Comment

I agree with the candidates: The candidates agree. Perhaps too much. A lot of agreement going on here. A lot of voters must be scratching their heads on this one.
              "The Enrichment Center is required to inform you that you will be baked, and then there will be cake"
              Former President, C3SPDGI

Comment

Originally posted by Thud
                I agree with the candidates: The candidates agree. Perhaps too much. And I agree with them. A lot of voters must be scratching their heads on this one.
                Well, we ended up running against each other (which wouldn't otherwise have happened) because no-one had entered the race and we apparently posted our candidaces at the exact same moment w/o each others' knowledge

Though I sent a PM to adaMada right after posting my own candidacy, he had already posted his own by the time he got my PM

So there you go

Comment

Arnelos: I know there's been a lot of confusion as to what the difference between our stances is, and whether there is one...

adaMada: ...We're so similar, we even finish each other's sentences and cross post! So...

Arenlos: ... We've decided that in order to benefit the Apolytonian people most...

adaMada: ... and releive them of this confusion...

Both: We'll Both be Foreign Minister!!!
                  "The Enrichment Center is required to inform you that you will be baked, and then there will be cake"

Comment

I agree with the candidates: The candidates agree. Perhaps too much. And I agree with them. A lot of voters must be scratching their heads on this one.
                    I agree with the candidates: The candidates agree. Perhaps too much. A lot of agreement going on here. A lot of voters must be scratching their heads on this one.
                    *Note the conspicous removal of the 'agreeing with both' part.

On an entirely unrelated note, is bribery legal under the NewCon?

Comment

adaMada's only flaw is that he is too nice. Since nobody else will campaign, I will... VOTE ADAMADA! (no offense, buddy)
                      And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

Originally posted by dainbramaged13
                        adaMada's only flaw is that he is too nice. Since nobody else will campaign, I will... VOTE ADAMADA! (no offense, buddy)
                        And since I don't have the benefit of others being willing to campaign for me, I have to campaign for myself

Vote for Arnelos

(though apparently this is working...)

Comment

"Vote for Arnelos"

Don't worry, already did.
                          "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
                          --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

If adaMada hadn't proven himself with the Gazette (which trust me, probably took an enormous amount of time because my own hands were full) then he wouldn't have gotten my vote, but as he has proven himself capable to me personally and that he can handle workloads, I voted for adaMada....
                            Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
                            Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

adaMada is really a nice guy; with the support of Arnelos, he will be the term 7 FAM.

For term 6 we need Arnelos.
                              Statistical anomaly.
                              The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X