X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Election: President (term 6)

Candidate
    Aggie

Closes in 3 days. 72 hours from this post.

Added: Campaign Thread
    Aggie
    80.36%
    Banana
    19.64%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by notyoueither; November 12, 2002, 19:37.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Vote Aggie... the banana in this race is rotting
    Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

I whole-heartedly support this service and/or product.

Comment

As normal, Aggie is getting the highest tally of any candidate

Comment

who voted banana???
          Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
          Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

Originally posted by Meshelic
            who voted banana???
            Yeah, I warned people that the banana in this race was rotting... I mean, just look at it! It's completely black and smelly!

Not that I'm suggesting that this is a clothespin vote or anything

Aggie will make a great President, whereas this rotting banana may not even be around by the time you vote for it!

Comment

I just think it's funny that it's so obvious Aggie's the new President and yet 3 people out there voted for the opposing banana candidate!

What if the banana won, do we re-poll?

Comment

repoll?

No. Banna = to abstain, ie not to vote against.

Personally, I think a "No coinfidence" option would keep candidates on their toes.
                "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
                --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Originally posted by Meshelic
                  What if the banana won, do we re-poll?
                  Well... here's what the NewCon has to say:

Originally posted by Togas
                  Article VII. Elections
                  3 The Court is empowered to oversee all elections and is empowered to resolve any election disputes.
                  6 If no candidate for office receives more than 50% of the vote, there shall be a run-off election held from the 15th to the 18th.
                  (a) The Court shall create a run-off poll with the two candidates who received the most votes.
                  7 Ties shall be resolved by the Court in any manner of their choosing.
                  I'm guessing that since lines 6 and 7 don't really cover the issue of what we do if the Banana wins, the answer would be decided by the Court, as determined by line 3. So I suppose that we'd better ask the Court what it would do if a candidate ever lost to the banana (if anything).

If you want a more satisfying answer than that, we can always propose an amendment (though I'm rather sure the issue will likley NEVER come up other than as a hypothetical...).

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos

If you want a more satisfying answer than that, we can always propose an amendment (though I'm rather sure the issue will likley NEVER come up other than as a hypothetical...).
                    Thanks, that answered my question. No amendment is necessary, the NewCon is huge enough.

Hypothetically it could happen.... I would feel pretty sorry for whoever it happened to though!

Comment

Actually if somebody did lose to the banana I hope they would do the decent thing and resign.
                      Aggie
                      The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

People, Don't forget, that this is the most Imortant election under the New Con. Even if you know that Aggie is a shoo-in, you still need to vote here, because

(e) To pass, the proposed law must receive more “yea” votes than “nay” votes. It must also meet the quorum.
                        (i) The quorum: The total number of votes cast in the poll for passage must be greater than or equal to 25% of the total number of votes cast in the most recent Presidential election.
                        So cast your vote now!

E_T
                        Come and see me at WePlayCiv
                        Worship the Comic here!
                        Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Hey, it might happen to me.

Actually I beleive the current President would decide, as he has the power to appoint a minister if one leaves, retires, or is incapable of his duties. I beleive a rotten banana is incapable of governing.
                          "The Enrichment Center is required to inform you that you will be baked, and then there will be cake"
                          Former President, C3SPDGI

Comment

Originally posted by E_T
                            People, Don't forget, that this is the most Imortant election under the New Con. Even if you know that Aggie is a shoo-in, you still need to vote here, because

So cast your vote now!

E_T
                            Just to clarify, the new CoL doesn't have a quorum on elections. That would be slightly counterproductive, as the new CoL currently sets the quorum based on elections .

Just thought I'd clarify. Having said that, I agree with E_T -- Vote Aggie!

-- adaMada
                            Civ 3 Democracy Game:
                            PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
                            Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

The Banana now has 20% of the vote

E_T
                              Come and see me at WePlayCiv
                              Worship the Comic here!
                              Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Working...
                              X