Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The state of the Military

Farewell Speech
    Soon my time as your SMC will come to a close. I would like to take this opportunity to thank everybody who has made my tenure successful and to see where we are and in what direction we should go.
    First I say thank you to all ministers without whose help I would have been unable to succeed. War is fought on two fronts, the battle front and the home front. Without new equipment and support from home no army can win. I have managed the battle front but everybody else has managed the home front. Without new units, new technology, and workers we could not have achieved the victories we have and will achieve. Lastly but not least I give credit to the presidents and vice presidents who lead the nation and shaped opinion and handled unforeseen situations of war when I could not attend the chats. Also they went out of their way to schedule chats at times that were convenient for me to attend.

Now we ask our selves, where are we militarily? I will answer this question region by region. First the western region. This is our strongest region offensively, we have a calvary force at both Macross and a second forces based at Dijon and Avignon for a total of 10 units here. On Defense the eastern region(macross westward) is well staffed, however we are in the process of moving musket to the western zone so that new cities can be protected. This will free up ultimately 2calvary and 2 knights to move into our central zone. Once muskets are in the new cities the offensive forces currently on defensive duty will proceed to the central zone to fill out the calvary forces there.

Next we look at the central zone from mingapulco northward. Currently this area has 3calvary and 3Wc. As mentioned above 2calvary and 2knights from the west will soon move here to give us a total of 5calvary,2knights,3wcs. Ultimately these will be arraigned as such, the 5 calvary will be located on the German/Aztec border with the remaining units in the south for defense of Mingpulco if necessary. If the need arises they can be upgraded and moved into battle. On the defensive side we are in good shape. I suggest that the best way for defensive units to be deployed in the s is to be located at a central location( <1 turn from the cities), then go to a city if an attack rises, this will allow us to concentrate our defense where necessary(since any attack would be seaborne and thus small). In the north all border cities now have at least a musket and a pike for defense. These could hold out until the calvary arrives to counterattack and relieve them.

Moving on to the east we look at the Eastern zone, the old Persian territories. Offensively we have 5wc garrisoned here. The need to be upgraded in the near future so as to provide a credible offensive force in the east. Defensively we are in good shape in the north and after the current upgrades we will have muskets in our border cities. The southern part of the area is EXTREMELY undermanned. I suggest we build a force near Muncie of 4 muskets for defend the former Persian heartland. This will secure the region from attack.

Lastly is the Isle of Uber. This area is defended by 1musk, 1calvary, and 1wc. This is very vulnerable so I suggest we build a force of 4musk and 3 calvary on the island and locate 1musk at AGC, 1musk at neon uber and 2 musk se of boom town so they could cover the south. The 3 offensive units should be positions so as to cover the whole island probably just south of neon uber.

I also would like to mention my desires for future offensive units. I would like to see about 15 more calvary units along with about 7 more cannon units. This would allow us a true offensive capability and allow for us to conduct 1 offensive war and 1 defensive war at the same time. Additionally a boat needs to be positioned to move units to and from uber isle in case of a war breaking out. Also we need to seriously consider this question "Who will our next war be against?". If it will be against a continental power there are no need for many more boats. However, if we desire to be able to project power to the rest of the world I suggest we build up a formidable navy. This ends my report of our military. Thank you again.
    Aggie
    The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Mul Unit builds, over the next 20 turns or so

The Uber Island Ferry is currently in production in AGC. We have two cities with Barracks currently on Uber and most of the cities have recently had courthouses completed to get them out othe the rampiant corruption/waste that they were experiancing. The mainland currently has the better munitions capability, there for, the Ferry. In the near future, Mil Unit output on Uber will be at a minimum while it is getting "ramped up".

We have Cavalry, Cannon & Musket units either in current production or in the Queues. These are being built mostly in the core cities or in cities that are of size 6 or greater, that can currently support such builds. This number of cities will be further increased as the FP comes online in 4 turns. We have made great progress at removing the jungle to allow our cities to grow properly, but we still have a few cities that are choked back by large tracts of Jungle that is still present.

As for Naval resources, we have two Caravels that can be moved to the Western seas and we have 2 Galleys that can be upgraded in exploration mode in the Lost Ocean. These could also be moved to the western or eastern seas. We should be starting on actual western Fleet builds in Hole in the Wall, by the end of the 20 turn time frame (hopefully).
    Come and see me at WePlayCiv
    Worship the Comic here!
    Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

What I don't understand is why we are not exploring the oceans. Each tile of water adds 1/6 to the value of our map. While this is not much, it at least justifies the maintenance that we are paying for keeping the fleet, which has not much uses at the moment.
      "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
      And the truth isn't what you want to see,
      Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
      - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

the two galleys are in exploration mode. The one Cravel was moved to were it is, because of the French Galley (and the Russian one) that came close before the enc of the War. The other Caravel was created just at the end of the War.

As for why they are still there, Ask the SMC.

E_T
        Worship the Comic here!
        Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Originally posted by Shiber
          What I don't understand is why we are not exploring the oceans. Each tile of water adds 1/6 to the value of our map. While this is not much, it at least justifies the maintenance that we are paying for keeping the fleet, which has not much uses at the moment.
          Well Shiber I spose we'd have to submit orders for those boats then eh?
          Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
          Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

We are exploring the oceans, 1 carvael is for ferry duty from the main land to uber. The other boats are on there way to somewhere. One carvel I am debating where to send(probably off the english coast).
            Aggie
            The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Yes, the Uber Island Ferry is currently in AGC. Ready to move & Groove....

E_T
              Worship the Comic here!

Comment

Working...
              X