City Names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City Names

There are 6 (possibly 7) cities that need renaming, and I need city names.

The cities currently needing renaming are:

-Heliopolis (to be renamed Ferropolis by GenghisFarb)
    -Memphis
    -Dijon (to be left the same by Togas)
    -Avignon (to be renamed Los Alamos by Jonny)
    -City to be built @ site #2 (to be renamed Port of Where It's At by E_T)
    -City to be built @ site #3 (named Lhasa)

Also, can someone tell me if Thebes on Uber Isle needs to be named?(since that is a default Egyptian Name, I'm not sure if it's been named.)

MINISTERS are allowed to give me their city names, and for what city (if they have a preference.) City naming privileges are first come-first serve, for whichever ministers get here first. (Only 1 per minster, please.)

I'm renaming Avignon to Los Alamos.
    Last edited by Jonny; November 11, 2002, 20:46.

I nominate the Site 2 city name to be:

Port of Where It's At

In honor of our Great President.

Also, because MrWIA named the Site 3 city as Lhasa, that should be considered as nomination request from him for that city.

E_T
    Come and see me at WePlayCiv
    Worship the Comic here!
    Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

I move that Dijon remain as that city's name in honor of the citizen Dijon who humorously spoke for the French during our most recent conquest turnchat and entertained us all.

--Togas
      Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
      Member of the Mercenary Team in the Civ 4 Team Democracy Game.
      Former Consul for the Apolyton C3C Intersite Tournament Team.
      Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Togas
        I move that Dijon remain as that city's name in honor of the citizen Dijon who humorously spoke for the French during our most recent conquest turnchat and entertained us all.

--Togas
        Second

E_T
        Worship the Comic here!
        Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Thirded. (That even a word?)

And Lhasa sounds better than the port name, IMHO. Then again, this is MWIA, after all. He's been a damn great president (not so much as a hint of sarcasm intended), so he should get what he wants.
          oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Sorry, Jonny, I knew there was one city to rename for you but I couldn't remember at the time of the chat what it was.

Lhasa seemed to make sense, it IS a very mountainous city - keep it or change, fine by me.

Hmmm. Port of WIA? SO the abbreviation would be PoWIA? Sounding something like "Power"? I wouldn't ask to have more than just the one city named after me (HereItIs), but I certainly wouldn't complain if it happened.

Now I need a landmark....

(Thanks, all!)
            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

[rp]
              I'm so touched by the kind gesture...

You rampage through my city, kill our Queen, quell all resistors, and then have the gall to make a gift of not changing our city name?

Oh, but how you underestimate the persistence of the French - we will be a thorn in your side for centuries to come!

[/rp]

Comment

Originally posted by dejon
                You rampage through my city, kill our Queen, quell all resistors, and then have the gall to make a gift of not changing our city name?
                is that gall or gaul........

E_T
                Worship the Comic here!

Comment

I think it would be nice if we could name Heliopolis to Ferropolis because of the Iron deposits.

Comment

Willsbury 2 .

Seriously now, I think Thebes needs to be renamed, I seem to remember that we didn't have any name for it at the time. I am suprised that more ministers haven't applied for a city to be named after them, I would jump at the chance!!

Ferropolis sounds good if no one has any better ideas for Heliopolis.
                    A citizen of the first Civ 3 democracy game
                    A member of the Apolytonia War Academy

Comment

Thebes?

Aggiexandria?

(Like Alexandria only using Aggie)

Comment

Reddawg, Thud, Aggie, and Arnelos still haven't named cities.

Thebes and Memphis still need to be named.

Comment

Working...
                        X