I have a general Map question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a general Map question

I'm trying to figure out the distance for the Zulu CIties, for Palace/FP Centric calculations. I'm using Apolyton as the Origin (0,0) and I'm using the following converntions:
    NE is Positive X
    NW is Positive Y
    SW is Negative X
    SE is Negative Y

Thereby, Contagion (and the FP) would be X=22, Y=-5

Depending on which I use, the Zulu Cities are either Palace Centric or FP Centric. I have the following Coordinates for the Zulu Cities:

Mpondo (Zulu) X=49 Y=-36
    Zimbabwe (Zulu) X=44 Y=-36
    Ulundi (Zulu) X=43 Y=-31
    Isandhlwana (Zulu) X=41 Y=-38
    Bapedi (Zulu) X=39 Y=-34
    Intombe (Zulu) X=34 Y=-34
    Hlobane (Zulu) X=40 Y=-29

These would be closer to the FP. The other coordinates:

Mpondo (Zulu) X=-31 Y=44
    Zimbabwe (Zulu) X=-36 Y=44
    Ulundi (Zulu) X=-37 Y=49
    Isandhlwana (Zulu) X=-39 Y=42
    Bapedi (Zulu) X=-41 Y=46
    Intombe (Zulu) X=-46 Y=46
    Hlobane (Zulu) X=-40 Y=51

Will be closer to the Palace while it's still in 'Poly.

Which would it be? Anyone have an Idea? They would only figure as the lowest rank of either Centric point, so it's no real big deal, but it would be nice to know.

E_T
    Come and see me at WePlayCiv
    Worship the Comic here!
    Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Everybody seems vociferously unmoved by your ownership of a general Map question.

Btw could you develop a bit more ?
    Statistical anomaly.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

With Zulu land being on the Opposite side of the world, this question is kind of relevent. We might want to Aquire the Gems at some future date, so I'm having it in my All City Corruption spreadsheets.

I think that I've found a solution, but I won't really know for sure until we annex those cities.

E_T
      Worship the Comic here!
      Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

I'd be pleasntely surprized if any city in Zulu island could be brought above 95% corruption & waste.

But at least they won't cause corpuption & waste to increase on any city in the mainland. (Unless we go Communist.)
        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
        Templar Science Minister
        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Actually, they can be, with Just Courthouses & WLKD, and better with Police Stations.

Their Distance Factor isn't as Imprortant as the Modified OCN. No matter where the Palace is, it seems that Almost all of the Zulu Cities would be FP Centric and be under the FP's MOCN. The Worst that the Distance Corruption factor is 34%, the rest is from Number of Cities. Both of these are dramatically reduced with Courts, Police & WLKD.

As long as you don't have a BUNCH of cities between them and the Palace/FP, then you can have a city that's on the other side of the Planet and still be productive.

E_T
          Worship the Comic here!

Comment

How do you people know all this stuff, Sheesh.

Comment

"How do you people know all this stuff, Sheesh."

Mathmatics my dear Chap. And the time and inclination to work it out, and gather the information to process.
              "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
              --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

And also some knowledge of General Math and Excel. From what I've seen in the Corruption revealed thread (and FAQ), I'm the first person to have implemented the Corruption formula into an Excel format. It did take a while to first do, as there were still some assumptions that the corruption Guru, Alexman, wasn't still sure of (a LOT of ROUNDDOWNS in the calculations)

But once I have the basic formulas in place on a row, I can just copy, cut & paste it for what I need. Wha-la, It's done (still not THAT simple, but you get the ideal).

But as it's been pointed out elsewhere, with so many people looking at different aspects of this game through the DG game, they have become better players overall. I know I have.

E_T
                Worship the Comic here!

Comment

Working...
                X