Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Construction Shack - 820AD City Status

Here is the City Status chart for 820AD:

A few builds will be increased with WorkForce changes and I have a fair list of Items to Add to the Queue. These will be addressed in the next Gameplay orders for 820-870AD.

In the last 50 Years (5 turns) we have made some progress in our building program.

We now have 43 Cities, after annexing three from the French. For our 43 cities, we have brought online: 1 Library, 3 Cathedrals & 1 Marketplaces,. We have more of these in the works. We also have some Libraries, Harbors, Aqueducts and Banks that are in the Queue and with more to be added. The Forbidden Palace has begun to be built in Contagion and the Palace is to be moved to Timeline.

We have Increased our Native Public Worker Force from 37 to 43 Workers, a 16% increase in our abilities to Clear Jungle & provide other Infrastructure for our cities. We have more workers currently under production or in the build Queue. We have also liberated 9 more Foreign Workers from the Oppressive French Regime, bringing out "Slave" Workers to a total of 46.

We have also Increased our Defensive Military Capability by 1 Musketmen. With the Spearmen & Pikemen that we have for our defenses, we have had a total Defense Increase of 3.1%. We have also Upgrade 1 Pikeman & 2 Spearmen to Musketmen. Our Offensive (and Mounted Defensive) Capability has also Increased by 30% (before losses) with the addition of 3 more War Chariots. These can be upgraded to provide an higher offensive/defensive capability and can quickly react to any possible hostilities. We did take some losses in the current War, but they will be replaced. We have had no Naval increases this last gameplay. We have Additional Offensive, Defensive & Navel Units either being built or in the Queue.

As we now are currently in our GA, we should be able to complete a good number of build projects that are Under Construction or are in the Queues. Our Science capability will grow shortly, as we have 5 Libraries that will shortly come online and with more that are soon to be built. With the GA, we should progress into the Queue fairly rapidly.

E_T
    Come and see me at WePlayCiv
    Worship the Comic here!
    Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

I think in light that the FP is only 12 turns away (perhaps 13 / 14 if waste degenerates if new cities added) that many of the cities near building Court Houses should switch to Market Places with them being rushed when the FP is 1 turn away from completion.

Antioch
    Ghengistown
    Wilsbury
    Bacteria
    Susa

And Taursus switching to a Libary to speed up flipping off Oxford. (And converting Oxford to workers, disbanding it.)

This would be in combination of boosting science to 50%.

Shibber has a rival plan to switch the same Court House builds to Libaries and rushing them as well. (In combination with boosting science to 40%)
    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
    Templar Science Minister
    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
      I think in light that the FP is only 12 turns away (perhaps 13 / 14 if waste degenerates if new cities added) that many of the cities near building Court Houses should switch to Market Places with them being rushed when the FP is 1 turn away from completion.

Antioch
      Ghengistown
      Wilsbury
      Bacteria
      Susa

And Taursus switching to a Libary to speed up flipping off Oxford. (And converting Oxford to workers, disbanding it.)

This would be in combination of boosting science to 50%.

Shibber has a rival plan to switch the same Court House builds to Libaries and rushing them as well. (In combination with boosting science to 40%)
      The problem with that is that when your in 95% Corruption, it doesn't help much. THey would only be effective AFTER the FP is built. If they get rid of some of the corrution, they will have a better contrubution up to when the FP is complete.

Besides, the TOC for the FP can be changed by several factors. I production Increace due to population Expansion and Increased Waste due to more cities.

I'll have my 820AD Corrution Statistics post up soon. I'll have SEVERAL chart to show the additional Corruption effects, before the FP is built.

E_T
      Come and see me at WePlayCiv
      Worship the Comic here!
      Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

The reason I'm thinking switch to Market Places and rush when the FP has 1 turn remaining is that the whole set of Market Places are complete at the same time the FP does just in time to use them.

Looking at the current times of completes currently:

Antioch, Ghenistown, and Susa doesn't finish a Court House until after the FP is built unless the Court Houses are rushed.

Wilsbury and Bacteria finishes the Court House as normal builds before Forbiden Place completes.

If they were switched to Market Places:

Wilsbury and perhaps Bacteria would finish the Market Places as normal builds early. Neither would need rushed if switched to Marketplace.

The increased cost of 80 Gold each rushing Market Places vs Court Houses for Anotich, Ghensistown, and Susa would be largely offset by the delaying rushing them until the FP is one turn away from completion.
        Templar Science Minister
        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

I was somewhat misunderstood, which is my fault because I haven't been clear enough.
          My suggestion is that we keep building courthouses where needed, as per E_T's judgement, but also introduce more libraries to the cities that do produce a lot of commerce. We still have several large, productive and fairly corruption-free cities that have a marketplace but do not have a library, and that's ought to change if we want to be a technological leader.
          "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
          And the truth isn't what you want to see,
          Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
          - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Shiber, that makes even more sense than what I thought your proposal was.

We're in general agreement that cities with Market Places need Libaries next athough I'd probably have the five most productive cities build Banks first to speed up getting the Stock Exchange small wonder. Some of those cities probably already have libaries.

I do think that Market Places in cities near our Forbiden Palace is even more important than Libaries for our reasearch after we have the FP & the GA ends, because those Market Places will be needed to avoid going bankrupt after the GA ends with 80% of money going into science.
            Templar Science Minister

Comment

I was careless and replied with haste. The biggest producers of commerce at the moment are either already working on a library and will be done shortly or are working on a cathedral that is necessary to retain WLTKD or a courthouse that will benefit both economy and research greater than a library would, and have library in their next queue slot or after a worker. E_T did a good job.
              I'm not as worried about lack of funds as I were before. As someone has said before, the war with France is technically over and with our current forces, we do not need additional funds to end the war and completely annex France. If Aggie decides not to make any requests for funds the next turnchat, I will be in favor of raising the slider to either 40% or 50%, whatever the executive branch decides.
              "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
              And the truth isn't what you want to see,
              Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
              - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Cool, Palace starts in 4 turns while the Golden Age is still going on to help us build it.
                Templar Science Minister

Comment

Thinking it over some more & considering we are in a Golden Age where net building production may be be more important than the revenue produced:

I'm now proposing:

Wilisbury: The Libary in the queue be changed to Market Place.

Bacteria: The Libary in the queue be changed to Market Place.

Antioch: Current build is fine as long as Court House rushed early enough to substantly work on the Catherdrial prior to the FP being complete. Otherwise switch to Catherdrial and follow that queue.

Ghesistown: Switch Libary in queue to Market Place. In addition, if the Court House wouldn't be rushed fast enough to substantly help with the Catherdrial build prior to FP construction then switch to Catherdrial now.

Susa: Swap Libary and Market Place. In addition, if the Court House wouldn't be rushed fast enough to substantly help with the Catherrial prior to FP construction then to switch to Catherdrial now.
                  Templar Science Minister

Comment

E_T

If there is a turnchat tonight (Monday 4th / Tues 5th) I am not going to get a chance to do a review of Ile de Rose beforehand. If it is postponed, I will review the cities this evening and post some comments.

Fergus

Comment

The chat is certainly postponed until 0300GMT Tuesday.
                      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Working...
                      X