No announcement yet.

Jungle preservation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm one of those radical conservationists. I personally am not a big fan of this particular site, though. Something more westerly, or even easterly. Near the old Persian or French borders. But immeadiatly next to a potential metropolis? Tis a little unrealistic.

Aside from all of that, its also a little small. whatever.
    "The Enrichment Center is required to inform you that you will be baked, and then there will be cake"
    Former President, C3SPDGI

Comment

Where did this discussion come from?

We already have 5 jungle tiles preserved in 3 National Parks, and the Parks have names so why do we need more jungle preserves?

Comment

We'll need to keep some jungle for when rubber turns up. Where the old persian border was might be the best palce.

And we 'll have plant some jungle on Uber Isle. Our citizens their have never seen the towering trees rising out of the dense undergrowth in the early morning mist. Never experienced the dozens of diseases and poisonous animals that infest the place. Never had to weld a machette in uneneding centuries long backbreaking labour. Its turning into an island of wimps.

Comment

Originally posted by GodKing
          Slash and burn baby. BURN!!!!

(OK, I support the idea in principal, but think other areas may be better. Not touching any city, and preferably outside any city radious).
          Ditto....

E_T
          Come and see me at WePlayCiv
          Worship the Comic here!
          Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Originally posted by Vitreous Humor
            We'll need to keep some jungle for when rubber turns up.
            No need for that. Even cleared jungle tiles can generate rubber.

And we 'll have plant some jungle on Uber Isle. Our citizens their have never seen the towering trees rising out of the dense undergrowth in the early morning mist. Never experienced the dozens of diseases and poisonous animals that infest the place. Never had to weld a machette in uneneding centuries long backbreaking labour. Its turning into an island of wimps.
            Exactly.
            aka, Unique Unit
            Wielder of Weapons of Mass Distraction

Comment

If we save jungle tiles THE ONLY reason is because we want jungle. It has NOTHING to do with resources. All our jungle tiles had strategic resources assigned to them at the beginnning of the game and will have them EVEN if the tile has been cleared.

Comment

Zeit, you've got too much time on your hands.

Comment

-Hardly so, realpolitic-
                  I started studying Biology and Psychology at the University two weeks ago, and my hands are full- but i find time for those important things...

What made me think about this issue are Ecology classes, the great importance in preserving ecosystems, for many different reasons. The most important principal in ecology, contrary to what people think of "tree hugging" ecologists is that things that are ecologicaly "bad" are those that hurt men, and vice versa. More People today realizes the great benefits of different eco-systems all over the world- and work harder to keep those systems alive. In our game, preserving the jungles is a disdavantage- which is unlike the real world, since the game is not that sophisticated. I thought this jungle is worth preserving, since it holds that cultural value to us players, but if that is not the way most people see it, and view the jungle as an enemy- than as Ghengis puts it: "burn jungle, burn!".
                  Save the rainforests!
                  Join the us today and say NO to CIV'ers chopping jungles

Comment

Zeit, it's still the late Middle Ages in the game. Nobody will know anything about Ecology for centuries.

Our people don't even know the real reason that those wondering into jungles die yet and are instead saying "it was just Bananas will" that those who work too long in jungles die.
                    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                    Templar Science Minister
                    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

There is no bad consequence for clearing the jungle in the game, is there? I believe the answer is no, therefore I am supporting the destruction of the jungle. Perhaps if there was a good reason for conservation, I would think about it more (possibly and idea for Civ 4 ?)
                      Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
                      King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
                      ---------
                      May God Bless.

Comment

I believe that we should at least strive to save what jungle we can that is outside our glorious cities radii.

Our Forefathers trials must not be forgotten.

Controlled Burning

Comment

Working...
                        X