(Official)War Objectives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Official)War Objectives

Our set objectives have just about been accomplished and by the end of the current turn will be done. So do we go on and end joan or do we let her live.
    Aggie
    Yes
    81.63%
    No
    18.37%

The poll is expired.

The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

The initial attack went off wonderfully and all goals have been met, however since we have calvary and a wonderful plan to consolidate the new cities, we can go on and conquer france and suffer only slightly from increased corruption. Additionally we will have more chances for a GL and since we will have france's iron soon they can not build anymore pikes. Another item to remember is that once france is gone there is no chance of culture flips. So my recommendation is to end france once and for all.
    Aggie
    The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

I was against war at this time, but if we are at war, then kill the ***** and put her our of our misery.
      If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Didn't GF post a map showing optimal city placement after TOTAL CONQUEST?
        Proud member of the Hawk Party.

Comment

Put an end to Joan's pathetic's misery, and heed the call of the french people (you hear it, don't you?) for a potent leadership under the grace of the great banana!
          Save the rainforests!
          Join the us today and say NO to CIV'ers chopping jungles

Comment

I wonder who accidently hit the "no" button instead of the "yes" one?
            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Absolutely, press on, at least until war weariness gets noticeable. It looks to me as though we should be able to dispatch Joan's pitiful, misguided lackeys in a matter of 3-4 more turns.
              We should avoid the temptation to set up a leader farm, however. We definitely don't want war weariness to erode the impact of our golden age.
              aka, Unique Unit
              Wielder of Weapons of Mass Distraction

Comment

*Sigh* On principle alone I'm voting against continued war. If it doesn't last more than 5 more turns, I don't really care at this point. Longer than that, and I will go from 'sigh' mode to 'rabid hippie' mode.
                "The Enrichment Center is required to inform you that you will be baked, and then there will be cake"
                Former President, C3SPDGI

Comment

objective

my objective will always be...

to crush [our] enemies, see them driven before [us], and hear the lamentations of their women

what I mean to say is.... I'm cool with ending it now
                  "The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever, in flesh and blood, walked upon this earth." -- Albert Einstein, in regards to Mohandis Gandhi

Comment

Annex all of France, convert her cities into foreign work gangs and rebuild glorious new Apoltonian cities in their stead.

Comment

Excellent graphics, Ghengis. And the plan is very good too!
                      RIAA sucks
                      The Optimistas
                      I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Originally posted by Aro
                        Excellent graphics, Ghengis. And the plan is very good too!
                        Thanks, Aro. And on another subject.....

WooHoo! New maps!

Last edited by GhengisFarbâ„¢; October 30, 2002, 23:48.

Comment

bump

Comment

I like Ghengis's plan.
                            In fact, following our recent acquisition of additional luxuries, obtaining Military Tradition and Ghengis's plan I am now in full support of a complete annexation of France.
                            "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                            And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                            Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                            - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

I'm not sure, but don't we have more urgent priorities than taking on the weak French? There's not much to gain and it would bring us only more corrupted, angry cities to deal with. We should now focus on other things like dealing with more dangerous enemies, corruption etc.
                              Last edited by F-PRO; October 31, 2002, 16:38.
                              Civ3 PtW Democracy Game info: (links work only for Roleplay-team members)
                              Floris Petro Rulio Olstorne, member of the Roleplay-team, Owner of the tavern Iberian Delight, Pro 1 Activist {Click here}.

Comment

Working...
                              X