Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll(Unoffical) What's our next High Priority?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll(Unoffical) What's our next High Priority?

Our next high priority item should give us an idea of whether we can build military if we want short term goals only, or build city improvements for midterm goals, or consider rush jobs for long term goals.

Ask yourself: What's really important?
    Adam Smith's Trading Company
    6.90%
    Women's Sufferage
    0.00%
    Theory of Evolution
    24.14%
    Hoover Dam
    55.17%
    Upgrade Lots of Horsemen to Cavalry
    10.34%
    Let's Bonk Some Heads any way we can.
    3.45%
    Other - in the Middle Ages
    0.00%
    Other - in the early Industrial
    0.00%
    Other - in the late Industrial
    0.00%
    Let's just go for the Modern Age.
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by realpolitic; October 24, 2002, 18:53.

While I think ToE might have acted differently the first few patches, in both 1.21 and 1.29 it gives you the tech you're researching when it's finished, and whatever tech you select after that. Thus, a Hoover rush with Atomic Theory->Electronics is quite possible.

However, ToE is really just a means to an end, so I vote Hoover Dam. I do think we should aim for ToE as part of that, though.

Comment

ToE, then use the two techs to beeline to Electronics (Hoover Dam). If we can't choose the techs we research, trade them for Electronics. (And if we somehow get Electronics before completing ToE, either switch to Hoover or complete ToE and sell the techs for mucho dinero as we can get.)
      oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Hoover, especially with most our cities on one continent and if we dont get our GA with a war with France, it becomes critical for obvious reasons.
        Citizen of the Apolyton team in the ISDG
        Currently known as Senor Rubris in the PTW DG team

Comment

ToE folks.
          "The Enrichment Center is required to inform you that you will be baked, and then there will be cake"
          Former President, C3SPDGI

Comment

I don't really like to look at it this way... Although ToE -> HD is the most important *in a way*, it certainly doesn't mean that we shouldn't set a city builidng ASTC and US (one should be used to get production for ToE before we have scientific method, but the other can be build to have). Maybe I should have voted for "other- early industrial"

Comment

As soon as we have the tech to do so, we should upgrade all Knights to Calvary as fast as we are able to do so without interfering with rushing of needed civic imporvements.

This won't interfere at all with plans to build any wonder.

On the wonders listed, I think we have no chance to build Adams Smith without a Great leader.

I'm suprized that Shakesphere's Theatre was left out, (not that I would have voted for it.)

Our probability of building Women's Sufferage is also low.

If we can get a Hospital + Factory built in our most productive city(s) fast enough, we have have a shot at Hoover Dam and/or Theory of Evolution.
              1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
              Templar Science Minister
              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Hoover Dam - It increases our industrial potential greatly and we don't need to spend time/money producing power plants.
                Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
                King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
                ---------
                May God Bless.

Comment

Isaac Newton and Hoover Dam

Isaac Newton as the location it is built at determines its usefulness and the AI doesn't calculate this so we must build it to maximize its effects.

The other wonders have the same effect no matter where they are built (Hoover needs to be built in a city on our continent) so we can take them and still get the same results.

Comment

Working...
                  X