The Democtatic Movement of Apolytonia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in.
    Join the Civ4 SPDG and save the world one library at a time.
    Term 1 Minister of Finances in the Civ4 Democracy Game and current Justice in the Civ4 Democracy Game
    President of the Moderate Progressives of Apolyton in the Civ4 Democracy Game Aedificium edificium est Vires

Comment

We are researching democracy now
      This means that half of the goal of the Democratic Movement of Apolytonia is reached. The only thing left is to support researching it quickly, and switching as soon as we get it.

Ps: Welcome to the new members.
      Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
      King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
      ---------
      May God Bless.

Comment

At this point it seems that 'as soon as we get it' would occur sometime before our GA is over. I'm an avid supporter or Democracy but I say we shouldn't be as radical as to switch governments during our GA!
        Let's wait after the GA is over to switch.
        "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
        And the truth isn't what you want to see,
        Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
        - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Shiber, I take it you are saying this because you want to avoid the time of anarchy that cuts into our (increased) production. I can see your point of view. Just one thing more to consider: We only have 1 turn of anarchy, remember?

I belive that Shiber is right this time. We would only get democracy during the closing years of our GA, and the turn of anarchy would not be worth the sacrifice. Now, if we got Demo. early on, I would say go for it to decrease corruption over most of our GA.

In conclusion, my statement has been ammended to "The only thing left is to support researching it quickly, and switching as soon as we get it and our GA is over".
          King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
          ---------
          May God Bless.

Comment

Ps: OT: Like my new Avatar??? I finally got it working!!
            ---------
            May God Bless.

Comment

Yes, I realize we only have one turn of anarchy but as you said, what I meant is that it will not be worth it because we'll only get Democracy close to the end of the GA, and if you compare the losses from a turn of GA wasted in anarchy and the benefits of having Democracy throughout the rest of the GA, the losses will outweigh the benefits.
              Btw, congrats on your new avatar.
              - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

WE NOW HAVE DEMOCRACY!!!

OK, to all members of the Democratic Movement of Apolytonia, FULLY support switching to democracy WHEN our GA is over.

Of course, you can support switching during our GA, but the one turn of anarchy may not be good during the GA.
                ---------
                May God Bless.

Comment

FULLY support switching to democracy WHEN our GA is over.
                  I'm a supporter !
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

If I have anything to do with it (and I do...), the administration very well may start a poll on this issue in the near future

Given our religious trait, it's always POSSIBLE to go democratic even before the end of the GA, but I agree that waiting for the end of the GA is probably better.

Thus...

[rp]

An expansion of suffrage rights is something I'm willing to consider and perhaps even officially propose, but it will take some time to work out the details of how our state infrastructure would handle the change.

[/rp]

Last edited by Arnelos; November 8, 2002, 22:17.
                    Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

I agree we should switch the second the GA is over, we don't want to waste a turn of the GA.
                      Aggie
                      The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos

[rp]

An expansion of suffrage rights is something I'm willing to consider and perhaps even officially propose, but it will take some time to work out the details of how our state infrastructure would handle the change.

[/rp]

Given this role-play, I have switched my avatar to a scetch of William Ewart Gladstone
                        Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                        Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                        7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

We don't want to waste a single turn of GA in anarchy, and we don't want to waste a single turn afterwards in republic. The answer is then obvious - switch immediately after the GA is over.
                          - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos

Given this role-play, I have switched my avatar to a scetch of William Ewart Gladstone
                            Who was he?

E_T
                            Come and see me at WePlayCiv
                            Worship the Comic here!
                            Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Working...
                            X