SS thwarts attempted assassination!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plea for mercy

I hope that the would-be assassins are being treated well... good food, accomodations, and wash up... a little water on the back your neck will makes one feel marvelous!
    They should be clean and sober for their hangin'
    "The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever, in flesh and blood, walked upon this earth." -- Albert Einstein, in regards to Mohandis Gandhi

Comment

Tassagrad Weekly continued

Tassagrad Weekly
      The Shadow Service today releases this statement, concerning the assassination attempt that took place a week ago and what has been done with the French prisoners.

"From what we have gathered by our persistent questioning of these prisoners, was that they were privately funded by the French government and their actions approved by Joan de Arc herself, and would have received, upon accomplishing their mission, posts in the higher echelons of the French government.

It is with no great sadness that I announce the death of one of the prisoners, who was sabred while attempting to escape our facilities. My only regret was that we will all miss seeing him swinging on the gallows pole, although I surmise that he met an unfortunate death nonetheless, albeit a bloody one.

We at the Shadow Service have recorded every trace of evidence in this matter and will thus be submitting the two remaining prisoners to the courthourse in Apolyton city, under heavy SS guard of course.

On a different note, I would like to announce the creation of a new battalion of Shadow Service agents to help support our regular armed forces in the advent of war with these despicable French. This battalion, to be called the 'S.S. 1st Battalion' will be made up of our most elite and accomplished agents and warriors, and shall be led into battle by yours truly, under the supreme command of General Aggie himself.

In the future, we plan on training our agents in shipbuilding and naval command, so that we may enjoy domination of the seas surrounding us.

Thank you all
      Meshelic
      Captain of the Guard, S.S.
      Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
      Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

Re: Tassagrad Weekly continued

Originally posted by Meshelic
        "From what we have gathered by our persistent questioning of these prisoners, was that they were privately funded by the French government and their actions approved by Joan de Arc herself, and would have received, upon accomplishing their mission, posts in the higher echelons of the French government."
        OUTRAGE!

I happen to know Joan of Arc personally, and very well, for back when I was Foreign Minister, she was our best trade partner, and I made visits to her on a regular basis.

She would never do such a thing to any nation.

She is a very kind and loyal leader, and her nation is not a bunch of barbaric assassins. Just more evidence that this Tassagrad rag is nothing but military propaganda, to make the war bode easier with the true hearted.

France has never done us wrong, and wouldn't start now. May the great banana slip you one!!!

(ps: yes, this is roleplaying)
        Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Yes, Ninot. Those agents were truly trained well to resist torture by whomever sent them. We wanted to hear Joan of Arc's name, we got it, tis the nature of the thing.
          "The Enrichment Center is required to inform you that you will be baked, and then there will be cake"
          Former President, C3SPDGI

Comment

I applaud the extradition of the French prisoners into Apolyton City itself; any trial in the ÃŽle de Rose province would result in a very biased decision, and would invite foreign intervention. However we may receive some flack from others on this movement; I however support Captain Meshelic.
            Minister of the Economy: Term IV, V
            Ministre d'Économie: Session IV, V
            Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there aren't people following me!
            Même si je suis paranoïde, ça n'exige pas qu'il n'y a pas de gens qui me suivent!

Comment

Originally posted by Thud
              Yes, Ninot. Those agents were truly trained well to resist torture by whomever sent them.
              IF these agents exist, it may very well be true that they are Apolyton military agents, being used for the ambitious purposes of our generals.

and agents of any nation could name Joan. It doesnt take a frenchman.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot

IF these agents exist, it may very well be true that they are Apolyton military agents, being used for the ambitious purposes of our generals.

and agents of any nation could name Joan. It doesnt take a frenchman.
                Tassagrad Weekly
                In response to accusations that the assassination attempt was in reality an Apolyton military cover-up, Captain Meshelic had this to say:

"These 'conspiracists' wish to undermine the efforts of what has been done here. The facts are these: the President, his Minister of Economy and SMC are all alive, thanks to the SS. Had these assassinations been successful, we would be in a distastrous position, as our military, economy and executive branches would have been rendered helpless.

I will not name these conspiracists, but will comment that they all seem to wear French-style mustaches, and perhaps they themselves were involved in the plot to assassinate our leaders for their own personal gain. To support the French at this crossroads is both anti-Apolyton and shameful. That is all the questions I have time for right now, pressing matters need my attention."

Comment

our military, economy and executive branches would have been rendered helpless.
                  And amazingly leaving the Science Ministry in a not too bad position

"The Enrichment Center is required to inform you that you will be baked, and then there will be cake"
                  Former President, C3SPDGI

Comment

I knew i shoulda shaved
                    (apolyton hasn't allowed me to upload a new image in a while )

I will support the French, and my dearest friend Joan of Arc, untill the end!

This tyranny of smaller nations must cease!

Comment

Meshelic and Aggie, et al,

Wouldn't a better pretext for war be the defection of Chartres to our control and French attempts to "illegally" reclaim the city?

This whole assassination mess is too obvioulsy concocted out of thin air.... the defection of REAL French citizens WILLINGLY to Apolytonia bespeaks of the true nature of the French people... they hate their own government and have been pleading with the glorious and enlightened Apolytonian Republic to free them from their misery...

Given that this is actually TRUTH, I would think we could rely upon that
                      Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                      Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                      7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Oh, and btw...

"People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war, or before an election." - Bismark

Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                        Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                        7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

did Bismark say that before an election, during a war, or after hunting?

Comment

Originally posted by Thud

And amazingly leaving the Science Ministry in a not too bad position

You sir, were not a target of assassination.

...unfortunately.... JUST KIDDING!

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
                              did Bismark say that before an election, during a war, or after hunting?
                              haha verygood ninot.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos
                                Meshelic and Aggie, et al,

Wouldn't a better pretext for war be the defection of Chartres to our control and French attempts to "illegally" reclaim the city?

This whole assassination mess is too obvioulsy concocted out of thin air.... the defection of REAL French citizens WILLINGLY to Apolytonia bespeaks of the true nature of the French people... they hate their own government and have been pleading with the glorious and enlightened Apolytonian Republic to free them from their misery...

Given that this is actually TRUTH, I would think we could rely upon that
                                You may add French defection to the list of reasons to eliminate their nation, as they hate their own country. I have no problem with that.

RP
                                Concocted out of thin air???? I'll show you thin air!

Comment

Working...
                                X