No announcement yet.

Area 25: T minus 8 Turns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we should go for Democracy, for its techwhoring abilities. The AIs will probably research Navigation before we do and we'll end up buying it anyway.
    "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
    And the truth isn't what you want to see,
    Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
    - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Navigation would bring us the potential for enormous benefits (first to discover other civs), but as Apoc states in another thread, this may be discovered by someone else shortly. It may well be expensive to buy, but I don't think this will mean we should research it ourselves if someone else gets it first.

Democracy could, after a little more infrastructural development, lead us to even further riches, and I have taken note of the arguments for Democracy's trade value.

Military Tradition will allow us to attain the strongest land attack units for some time, likely well before any other civ. This would be essential if we were in a state of constant warfare, but it appears that we are more for the strategic campaign style.

I have to say that, if the trade value is high enough, we should aim for Democracy. We are in a good position to change governments if the people vote as such, and the value of it may mean we get these other techs and Lpt for the research cost of one tech.
      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Voted Democracy exactly because the other two techs are more useful.

My resoning is that I'm surprized none of the AI have Navigation already given that the Germans had Economics. One of the AI's will have it very soon.

Military Tradition: The AI has at least an 8 turn lead researching this, and so they'll probably discover it first as well.

Even to be the first researching Democracy, the tech rate will have to be increased high enough to where it can be discovered between 10 and 12 turns after discovering Printing Press.
        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
        Templar Science Minister
        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

8 Turns till Printing Press...That means...this weekend?

Mwuahahahaha! I intend to put that to good use...
          One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Since we'll be playing 2-3 turns this turnchat and probably a regular turnchat on Thursday/Friday we can stop as soon as we reach Printing Press so that we can discuss trades and such in the forum. Kewl!
            "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
            And the truth isn't what you want to see,
            Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
            - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

I wouls strongly suport Democracy for its techwhoring abilities. The AI's won't go for this first and we will be able to techwhore the other two cheaply with it. Germany is likely well on its way to Mil tradition and England most likely went for Nav for its UU.
              Indeed.

Just saying that he's right, Democracy is the least likely to be researched by the AIs.

Unortho wants me to keep my opinion to myself and go with the flow, all proper and ministerial like. So I will.
              "The Enrichment Center is required to inform you that you will be baked, and then there will be cake"
              Former President, C3SPDGI

Comment

Despite my Despot-supporting actions at

(which are truly joking, mind you government oppression police) I voted Democracy, maybe then Navigation and Military Tradition.
                meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Working...
                X