The Jungle Gazette: Volume XXVI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apocalypse
    I think it has something to do with a restaurant.
    Though that may be my dream job, it is not my job at present.

And I am no Engineer, though I do work along side of them most the time, even give input now and then. Depends on the contract being worked, and the Engineer in question.

I guess you can call this an office, though I also have the most portable internet connection ever invented, so don't judge based on my ability to get online at any time. I am rarely at my desk.
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx

Though that may be my dream job, it is not my job at present.

And I am no Engineer, though I do work along side of them most the time, even give input now and then. Depends on the contract being worked, and the Engineer in question.

I guess you can call this an office, though I also have the most portable internet connection ever invented, so don't judge based on my ability to get online at any time. I am rarely at my desk.
      OK, A REVIEW OF THE CLUES YOU HAVE PROVIDED US:

- English is not your strong suit
      - Legal contract language is not your strong suit, though you occassionally have reason to look over contracts related to your work
      - You have had contact with a 3-star general
      - You work with physics on a daily basis
      - You likely do not live in the DC area because of comments to me when I made reference to events in the area (I don't really know where you live)

MY CONCLUSION WAS:

You work for a defense contractor. I just don't know your specific job. Engineer was a solid guess based upon that assumption... and now you've told us that while you are NOT an engineer, you DO work with them on a daily basis

SO...

I still think you work with a defense contractor, but your statements about legal contracting work suggest you're likely not a contract negotiator. However, it is still possible that you somehow work in some manner when it comes to negotiation or technical collaboration (this might account for the interaction with the 3-star general).

HOWEVER...

It is also possible that you actually work on the other side, for Uncle Sam and that you work with contractors (thus the references to legal contracts).

Of course it's possible you don't work in defense contract work at all, but I'm still working on that hunch for now
      Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
      Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
      7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Consultant in quality control.
        Statistical anomaly.
        The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Or you control for the DoD that the materials and processed used in the production of the end product are conform to those in the contract.
          Statistical anomaly.
          The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos

OK, A REVIEW OF THE CLUES YOU HAVE PROVIDED US:

- English is not your strong suit
            - Legal contract language is not your strong suit, though you occassionally have reason to look over contracts related to your work
            - You have had contact with a 3-star general
            - You work with physics on a daily basis
            - You likely do not live in the DC area because of comments to me when I made reference to events in the area (I don't really know where you live)

MY CONCLUSION WAS:

You work for a defense contractor. I just don't know your specific job. Engineer was a solid guess based upon that assumption... and now you've told us that while you are NOT an engineer, you DO work with them on a daily basis
            Actually I live in Utah. If that should help you any. I also travel quite often to California, New Mexico, Seattle, and Wyoming for business. Occasionally I may even travel elsewhere.

And no, DAVOUT, I am not in QA (quality assurance).

I am also a civilian.
            One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

He's not likely to tell if you're guessing "aeronautical engineer", "astrophysicist", or “CEO of Dupont”... but if we start saying "janitor", "sales clerk" or "currently seeking employment" revealing the truth may be a more desirable option...

Comment

Originally posted by Randolph
                He's not likely to tell if you're guessing "aeronautical engineer", "astrophysicist", or “CEO of Dupont”... but if we start saying "janitor", "sales clerk" or "currently seeking employment" revealing the truth may be a more desirable option...
                Good point...

New guess: Administrative Assistant to a Manager for a Defense Contractor (this could account for contact with the general)
                Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

'Defense Contractor'

I know I have already said I work for Boeing somewhere...

I am no one's assistant, though.
                  You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Working...
                  X