Term V City Planning - The Contractors Office Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Term V City Planning - The Contractors Office Thread

This thread is for Term V City planning Issues & Information. The only persons who are allowed to post here are: The President; VP; Ministers and their appointed deputies; RA's and Godking (for any outgoing Term IV information that I need to be made aware of).

I will open threads and link them from here. This will be for request to me from the above persons and my requests to them. If their are discussions that I should be aware of, please don't assume that I might know about them, but post a link here, so that I will know to look at it.

There will be regular posting for public discussions of CP issues and Posting of current issues. These will be the Construction Shack threads that I'll be opening and linking to from here.

Useful Links:
    Everything you ever wanted to know about corruption and the User Freindly FAQ that is linked to in this thread.

MoE Threads:

MoPW Threads:

SMC Threads:

Construction Shack Links:
    Construction Shack - 640AD City Status
    Construction Shack - 700AD City Status
    Construction Shack - 700AD Corruption & Waste Statistics
    Construction Shack - Forbidden Palace Status

Some Discussions:
    Does it make sence to rush build?
    General Discussion about Middle Age Wonders

E_T
    Last edited by E_T; October 24, 2002, 00:54.
    Come and see me at WePlayCiv
    Worship the Comic here!
    Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Policies for this term

Placer post - I'm currently working on this.

E_T
    Worship the Comic here!
    Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Regions

This is copied & pasted from Donegeal's Poll. I'll clean it up and add things as I get organized.

Siberia (8 Cities, 1 under our control)
      Hole in the Wall
      Brundisium (Roman)
      Novgorod (Russian)
      Sevastopol (Russian)
      Dijon (French)
      Amiens (French)
      Krasnoyarsk (Russian)
      Avignon (French)
      The end of the desert is a good border for the north of this province. The Moutians to the NE is a Natural border along with the Ocean to the E. The hills that dot the S and W is another Natural border. Due to this area being in the North of Abananaba Minor, and the fact that it is narrow, maybe change the name to "The Bottleneck" or something like it.
      RA: Fergus Horkan
      Link to the Ile de Rose Tourist Board Thread.

Ill de Rose (9 Cities, 5 in our control)
      Here It Is
      Macross City
      Jerusalem
      Port Rouge
      Opiadom
      Athens (Greek)
      Sparta (Greek)
      Delphi (Greek)
      Rheims (French)
      The Large Mountian range is a perfect border for the W and S of Ill de Rose. Note That the Map Maker doesn't connect left/right and up/down tiles. This cuts Off Lyons and puts it into what ever we name the Greek Coast. If you look at Athens, there is a mountian the comes out and cuts it off from the northern Greek Cities. There is a two tile gap between this mountian and the start of another range. This "Gap of Ill de Rose" makes for a good border to the N. If you note Herakleia, it is nestled inside a "u" of Mountians and should be part of another province. The Border between Ill de Rose and Pina Colada is the river that runs past Delphi. Since Delphi is on the SW side of the river, its in Ill de Rose. Now follow that river two tiles to the SE then jump a few tiles till you get to the river by Timeline. Follow that river down one then cut over to the SW and end in the Bay of Port Rouge.
      RA: Donegeal
      Link to the Piña Colada Thread.

Pina Colada (9 Cities, 3 in our Control)
      Chiquita
      Del Monte
      Argos (Greek)
      Chicago (Aztec)
      Boston (Aztec)
      New York
      Washington (Aztec)
      Cologne (German)
      Hannover (German)
      The Mountian Range to the NW, N and NE is the perfect Natural border. I know that Chicago is Isolated be a row of lesser mountians, but the Greater range goes around it plus, What other province would it go to? Pina Colada is dotted with Left over Mountians to the south that have been eroded away over the eons by the encroaching Jungle (I propose that the Great Banana Long ago smited a previous Pina Colada civilization with a great meteor and this place is actually the Pina Colada Creator). I have used the "Gap" proposal again with the two mountians SW and NE of Del Monte (The province capital). "The Old Gap".

Mingapulco (8 Cities, all in our control)
      Timeline
      Termina
      Ghengistown
      Gaia
      Apolyton
      Tassagrad
      Banana HQ
      Chartres
      W and N borders already explained. It looses Loveshack to help out the pathetic province of El Nino. Draw a line down from the Mountians of Seeberg to the Blue Lagoon of Loveshack and the city could go either way.

El Nino (6 Cities, all in our control)
      Seeberg
      Loveshack
      Oak Ridge
      Ubergorsk
      Napoleton
      Geofront
      The Mountian range on the E is the perfect border. This range also covers the N all the way to the Mountians of Seeberg. Using the line that was drawn to form the border of Mingapulco, we get a city (Loveshack) divided. As I was never a big fan of the Berlin Wall, I say either Mingapulco or El Nino. And since El Nino would only have five cities without Loveshack, I propose it goes there.

Persian Annexation (12/13 Cities, 8 in our control)
      Tomstone (going to disband, not counted)
      City on A Hill
      Port Of Malignance
      Willsbury
      Contaginon
      Bacteria
      Muncie
      Susa
      Tarsus
      Antioch
      Arbela
      Oxford (English)
      Hastings (English)
      Coventry (English)(Possibly)
      The Mountian range between El Nino and the Persian Annexation is perfect and it if we follow this range to the coast (through York) then it works as a perfect borber the entire way (York going to the North as the Persian Annexation is big enough already). The only thing I have to say about the Persian Annexation is that it is so big, that we sould divide it into two sub-provinces (the Highlands and Lowlands for now).

Persian Annexation Highlands (5/6 Cities, 4 in our control)
      City On a Hill
      Port Of Malignance
      Willsbury
      Contaginon
      Antioch
      Coventry (English)(Possibly)
      Coventry because by the left/right up/down tile thing I talked about with Ile De Rose could apply here. Contaginon because there is a stretch of hills that come down from the Mountians that go down as far as the city (plus it evens the number of cities up).

Persian Annexation Lowlands (7 Cities, 4 in our control)
      Muncie
      Bacteria
      Susa
      Tarsus
      Oxford (English)
      Hastings (English)
      Arbela
      This is the rest of the Persian Annexation.

Uber Island (Currently 4 cities, all in our control)
      Another Glorious City
      Boom Town
      BFM
      Site E
      Thebes
      If you need me to explain what the borders are for this, Quit Apolytonia and join the Romans as you will do us more good there!
      Thanks to Donegeal for this

E_T
      Last edited by E_T; October 21, 2002, 11:49.
      Worship the Comic here!

Comment

WorkForce Placement

This place for WF info
        Worship the Comic here!

Comment

Infrastructure Improvement Request to MoPW

This is (currently) a general request to the MoPW for Infrastructure Improvements. I'll update this with more specific, city by city request as I get more organized

Jungle Clearing - If you can, Please Clear Jungle on the tiles that are next to rivers first, for the added trade bonus.

Forest Cutting - Please do not cut any forest, Unless I specifially request it. I'd like to use the sheild bonus at a time of my choosing. Also, we still have a lot of Jungle that needs to be cleared, and cutting Forest now would take workers away from this vital task.

City by City: I already had these as a request to WB, but I'm coping them here.

For Uber Island: Connect Cities & Iron to Trade Network:

Irrigation route for Site A (I'll look up the name in a bit) City:
          The last City for Uber Island will be built soon, but it will need Irrigation to grow over size 2. Because the closest Fresh water is on the SE side of Boom Town and I don't want to have any of the sheilded tiles irrigated, I'd like you to irrigate on the tiles that have the I on them. At a later date, when most everything else is done on the Island, I'd like those changed to mines.

Here is the Map.

Contagion - The Forbidden Place has been placed in to the build Queue for this city. Workers were sent there to:
          1) Mine & Road Gold mountain (in work)
          2) Mine the one hill that already has a road
          3) Mine & Road the other hills
          4) Cut a road into the forest
          other Items at a future date.

New York -
          1) Road on both flood plains but Irrigate only one now
          2) Mine then road on one of the mountians to the east side of the city.
          3) then Irrigate the other flood plain or mine & road another mountian, your choice for now.
          I'll be limiting the size of New York to 6 until I get needed improvements into place.

More to follow at a later Date
          Worship the Comic here!

Comment

SMC's war preperation Request

This is copied from Aggies The timeline leading to war with france Thread.
            Some figures for Reddawg and ET
            We still need
            6 Wc upgrade to Knight-600
            3 archer upgrade to Longbowmen -120
            I would like a musketeer in every border town in the north, this is 6 more(since we already have I musketeer and we have one being built)- for 360.
            If musketeer upgrades are impractical then upgrade 4 pike to musketeer in the following cities Arbela,Antioch,Chiquita and NewYork
            Currently all but 2 of the need WC are being built or are in queues, I request that Gotham build WC after cathedral and one other city find room in a queue for a WC.

Respectfully submitted to our great nation

Aggie
            I'll look into it, as soon as RL allows.

E_T
            Worship the Comic here!

Comment

Et you beat me to the post here.. I have one thing I want to mention, Do you think it would equitable to build a boat somewhere or perhaps upgrade the galley, so we could bring the catapults south to assist the assault on Amiens. This isn't really I request, I was just interested in feedback as we had talk a while back of something similar.
              Aggie
              The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie
                Et you beat me to the post here.. I have one thing I want to mention, Do you think it would equitable to build a boat somewhere or perhaps upgrade the galley, so we could bring the catapults south to assist the assault on Amiens. This isn't really I request, I was just interested in feedback as we had talk a while back of something similar.
                Aggie
                I had thought that I had a galley building in Tessagrad. Hmm, I guess that GK had changed it. I'm finished with my "Honey MUST Do" project for today , so I'll take a look at the save.

E_T
                Worship the Comic here!

Comment

I need 6 more EGYPTIAN workers in the Mingapulco Provence and 14 EGYPTIAN workers in the Persian territories. They work twice as fast as the foreign ones, if possible it is more effiecient to crank workers out of size 6+ cities that we don't wish to grow to big.

Comment

I have one thing I want to mention, Do you think it would equitable to build a boat somewhere or perhaps upgrade the galley, so we could bring the catapults south to assist the assault on Amiens. This isn't really I request, I was just interested in feedback as we had talk a while back of something similar.
                    Aggie
                    After having a quick look at the save, I might have a compromise.

Tessagrad had a WC in it's Queue after it builds the Market (TOC 3). I could change that to Caravel. Also, I can Increase Production in Termina to have the WC in 3 turns instead of 4. I can put anouther WC in the queue after that (after a worker maybe, for Ghengis). I would like to start building a Library or Cathedral after that and would ask that you approve throughput rushes on the two WC's (atleast 52 Lytons each) and have those two in 4 turns total (6 Regular).

Also I have an issue with building some Mil Units in some cities that are still near Catastrophic Corruption, namely Willsbury (Musket), Susa (WC) & Bacteria (Musket). The production output of these cities should increase by (hopefully) 1 to 2 shields per turn, which will allow them to build faster (and less to pay for rush later) if I change them back to Courthouse & Rush those.

I'll see if I can move those build to other cities, but those cities have essential needs that need to be addressed really soon, or they might have problems.

Let me know, I'll have further Info as I examine our status.

E_T
                    Worship the Comic here!

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb
                      I need 6 more EGYPTIAN workers in the Mingapulco Provence and 14 EGYPTIAN workers in the Persian territories. They work twice as fast as the foreign ones, if possible it is more effiecient to crank workers out of size 6+ cities that we don't wish to grow to big.
                      20 more workers. If I build them in cities that could not build them in 2 turns, I'll ask you for the funding (then you to the MoE, I think that how Reddawg told me how it worked) to throughput rush them at 2 turns left to build?

E_T
                      Worship the Comic here!

Comment

Request for funds for 700AD gameplay

I don't have any specific's now but I'm requesting funds for the 700AD gameplay for mostly Courthouse & Temple rushes.

Thanks
                        E_T
                        Worship the Comic here!

Comment

The musketeer in willsbury,bacteria weren't my idea so no problem changing them. Susa was more of a "can't find anyplace else" choice, so if you can find a better place I have no problem. Thank you for your cooperation. My only problem with rushing Wc's is that I feel I'll already eat up too much of the budget in the next 10 turns, but if you and redawg don't mind I'll be happy for the rushes. I estimate you and Togas will have about 1300 over the next 10 turns to use on your projects and his tech purchases. Then remember I was hopping for a 500 emergency fund in case we get attacked.
                          Aggie
                          The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

The musketeer in willsbury,bacteria weren't my idea so no problem changing them. Susa was more of a "can't find anyplace else" choice, so if you can find a better place I have no problem. Thank you for your cooperation. My only problem with rushing Wc's is that I feel I'll already eat up too much of the budget in the next 10 turns, but if you and redawg don't mind I'll be happy for the rushes. I estimate you and Togas will have about 1300 over the next 10 turns to use on your projects and his tech purchases. Then remember I was hopping for a 500 emergency fund in case we get attacked.
                            Aggie
                            We can always run them at regular production. O.k.
                            Termina build: WC; Queue: Wrk, WC, ?Wrk?, Improvemet
                            Tessagrad build: Mrkt; Queue: Caravel then still looking.

And I'll change those three back to Courts and rush.
                            E_T
                            Worship the Comic here!

Comment

Cities that have good potential for building a worker right now:

Ubergorsk(NOW, I'm pulling all workers from Ubergorsk until it builds a worker as it is a complete waste of food to improve any jungle around it until it builds a worker or aqueduct) will try to get 80 gold to pay for the worker after it finishes building aqueduct.

Port of Malignance(after musketman), Termina(before or after WC), Opiadom(after Cathedral)- each is size 6 with no aqueduct and every food is being wasted as it can't grow any bigger and its granary is full(same as Ubergorsk). Working on getting 80 gold each so I can pay for it.

Loveshack(after harbor), Oak Ridge(after temple) - they are already using every non-jungle tile and have neither cathedral nor aqueduct.

Anyway those are the cities where not building a worker is inefficient. There are several cities stuck at size 6, but are working on aqueducts so while they are wasting food now it would be ineffiecent to waste shields in switching to a worker.

Comment

Working...
                              X