New Literary Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Literary Reviews

Well, i tried this before, but the comp. booted me off, so here we go again:

As literacy grows, more and more books are published in our fair state, so, as a service to the public, here are minor reviews of five new books. If anyone has read a good book lately, please, fell welcomed to add your own reviews:

Port Rouge on a Dankos a day
    by Albertus Wennns
    printed by Paitkistwotwo Press, Tassargrad.

Mr. Wennns brings to life many of the great deals in this great city, such as the very cheap "No roof Inn", where for an apo a day, one can have great, open air rooms. His section on the cheapest brothels is worth a look, as is his way to recover from the cheap eats around town. A must for the thirfty traveller.

Herr Bismark's Telescope: how the stars became German
    By Markus Chegevitzki
    printed by the Great Library Press, Moscow.

Professor Chegevitzki, using the best sources available, explains in great detail, though with some stilted wording, the great race to construct the worlds greatest Observatory, and how guile and deception lead to a German victory.

Founding Frauds: the real story of Apolytons founders
    by Christos Sesentaidos
    printed by Watch Out Books, Gaia.

Many still believe that men such as ancient SMC UberKrux, or our old Pharaohs, such as Ninot or MRIA still live, and even run in our elections. Well, Mr. Sesentaidos shows us the idiocy of these beliefs and how they are no more than a plot to control the people by a misterious group, lad by a fabed agent known as "Skywalker"

A Little Honor: An Autobiography
    by Sir Boddington Littlepenny
    printed by War,War and War books, Ubergorsk.

Sir Boddingtons story of bravery and pain is highly instructive. He fought during the great siege of Boston. his stories touch the heart and mind: how he mercilessly beat his squire for expressing politicaly sensitive views back then (the man was a Republican), or the story of how he tries to help his friend Sir Albertus, who had the lower part of his body crushed, but instead, he impaled his friends head on his spur, and while trying to shake it off, scarred his horse into charging enemy lines, gaining him his medals. heartbreaking.

The Story of Saltpeter
    by Lemius Squarrel
    printed by Apolyton Books, Banana HQ.

Prof. Squarrel writes a great book on this brand new substance, which he feels will revolutionize cooking and cleaning (the explosive dishwasher is the invention he admires most). He also acknowledges some possible military uses, but for this reason, about half of the book is currently printed blanck, with a notice from the SMC that the news are classified. hopefully this will be cleared soon, and hopefully the explosive dishwasher will hit stores soon as well.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Very clever GePap, I like your ideas.

It would be interesting to compile roleplays from this game and accept any short stories in the name of collecting a bit of our history....well hmm I don't know. Nevermind...
    Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
    Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

You should send these to UnOrthOdOx. He just finished building Apolytonia's first Book Printing company:

UnOrthOpress

Comment

Very very funny...

Wish we could get it in the Gazette .

-- adaMada
        Civ 3 Democracy Game:
        PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
        Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

Unorthodox if you're reading this, what do you think of publishing some short stories written by all of us for the gazette? Perhaps some roleplays that will add an extra boost of imagination to our game?

They could be set aside in a different threads or something. I don't know, just an idea.

Comment

I've just been reading the CIV3 stories page a little lately, and I think it's pretty cool.

Comment

Nice.
              If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

You have my vote for the short stories thing
                Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
                King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
                ---------
                May God Bless.

Comment

I tried to organize something similar for history, and it was a complete failure. No one would give any stories.

I still like the idea, however.
                  One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                  You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I personally would volunteer to write a short story to accomodate our history books, I'm sure some others here would be willing to as well provided they had time to do so...

Comment

I would write a short story, can't guarantee how good it will be though
                      Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
                      King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
                      ---------
                      May God Bless.

Comment

Working...
                      X