No announcement yet.

Orders for 640 AD --Need by Thursday Night--

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The marketplace should not be rushed, however unless the loses per turn from not having the marketplace is greater than the price of shield per turn the city is making (16gpt- for 4 shield).
    Save the rainforests!
    Join the us today and say NO to CIV'ers chopping jungles

Comment

Originally posted by GodKing
      Oh sh*t!!! I must have loaded it into the wrong version of civ on my computer.....

Thanks E_T for catching that. If I can I guess I will redo it tonight, but I am not sure if I will be able to do so in time..... I will make every effort.
      I'm working on the list now. I still have to include your Queue's and WF placements to the list.

I'll publish the list on this thread and send you a copy of the Excel file via e-mail.

E_T
      Come and see me at WePlayCiv
      Worship the Comic here!
      Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

OK. I fixed it. For some reason the new hard drive is not recognizing that I have two versions installed. I just erased them both, reinstalled and updated the one to 1.21f. I redid all the orders (and they are different from the one above, as I took into account what I now understand E_T to have done) along with some other issues. As this was my last set of orders, I will upgrade to 1.29 tonight.

One thing I did change, and I suspect I may be crusified for doing so. I changed city names. Now wait one moment before that swear word comes out of your mouth. What I did was I changed the names of all the cities that were not named by ministers as their "official" naming. But I did not change them much. For example, I changed "New York" to "(new york)". This way, we can all see what cities still need to be renamed. The original names are still there, so no orders should be modified. I also corrected "Boom town" to "Boomtown" and "Holeinwall" to "Hole in the Wall" as they were both ment to be originally.

E_T, I appologize if you were looking at what I did, and have done a lot of work to try and correct my error. Next time you are in Detroit, I will gladly buy you a beverage of your choice. I will make that memo this weekend and PM it to you. I want to play catch up then as I also want to go over the constitution thouroughly.

Also, the oops from above was not repeated, so please purchase the temple at susa in the first turn.

It has been great being your CP. Thanks all for the support.
        Attached Files
        If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

One thing I did change, and I suspect I may be crusified for doing so. I changed city names. Now wait one moment before that swear word comes out of your mouth. What I did was I changed the names of all the cities that were not named by ministers as their "official" naming. But I did not change them much. For example, I changed "New York" to "(new york)". This way, we can all see what cities still need to be renamed. The original names are still there, so no orders should be modified. I also corrected "Boom town" to "Boomtown" and "Holeinwall" to "Hole in the Wall" as they were both ment to be originally.
          All of that had already been corrected. I gave Apoc the correct spellings and he fixed everything in the last save. If you did it to then you didn't have the latest save.

EDIT: Gk, I hate to tell you this, but I loaded up your posted sav and YOU DID NOT HAVE THE LASTEST SAVE.

On a side note, you also didn't correct as many cities we did as you missed Ghengistown , City on a Hill, and Site E. ALL of the cities had been fixed in the latest save.

Comment

Uh oh. Did you download "banana of the egyptians, 640 admapwhoretime.sav" or "banana of the egyptians, 640.sav"? I doesn't really matter either way. I only did a couple SMC orders and changed city names in the mapwhoretime save.
            "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
            "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
            "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
            "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Seriously though. It doesn't matter. You don't have to redo anything. Maybe you or Ghengis could quickly fix the names (or I could just do it quickly tommarow morning as it took me about a minute).

Other than that only two SMC orders will have to be redone.
              "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
                Uh oh. Did you download "banana of the egyptians, 640 admapwhoretime.sav" or "banana of the egyptians, 640.sav"? I doesn't really matter either way. I only did a couple SMC orders and changed city names in the mapwhoretime save.
                Here's the city changes that need to be re-fixed:
                Ghengistown changes to Gotham
                City on a Hill changes to Ghengistown
                (site E) changes to Shiberport
                (thebes) changes to Thebes
                BFM changes to Whelsh Coast
                (chartres) changes to Chartres
                (port of malignance) changes to Port of Malignance
                (bacteria) changes to Bacteria
                (contaginon) changes to Contaginon
                (susa) changes to Susa
                (tarsus) changes to Tarsus
                (arbela) changes to Arbela
                (new york) changes to New York

I don't think I missed any, but I could be wrong.

I'd fix them but I don't have version 1.21

Comment

Just remembered...to answer your lprevious question, this is term 4 so post some IE orders. You can also post on PW ideas in case WB doesn't show up.

Comment

Ah double sh*t!!!

When did we do the map whoring?
                    If that was it, it will be more that a couple of SMC moves, won't it. It would involve the whole map whoring thing all over again.

Let me know if you need me to redo them. My date for tonight canseled so I just have a rented movie to watch by myself.
                    If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

I'm here

Bah, these are kinda incomplete. Stupid RL issues all day today and then my g/f suprised me after she got out of school. I'm heading off to bed now too, so I won't be able to contribute the rest of these orders. It shouldn't be bad, basically use your discression. You should be set for the first few turns. If stuff comes up, I entrust Apocalypse will handle it. If Aggie makes it, he can take over, he usually does an excellent job and has some ulterior motives for roads . If E_T makes it as well, listen to him for some advice as he has some excellent city planning ideas to fulfill. Other than that, use your disgression. Clear jungle and build road after every single completion. (Roads increase commerce!)

I apologize for the incomplete orders though! I don't think this will be too bad. Thanks!

Orders for Public Works

Here are the orders for public works for 640 AD. *sniff*
                      My last Public Works orders! Well it has been fun, though lately I've
                      been turning them in later and later thanks to RL issues. It will free
                      up quite a bit of time for me now, but maybe I'll definitely be back
                      one day. Awesome administration term 4! Ghengis Farb shall do a good
                      job indeed.

640 AD

• Napoleton: Workers SW, SW waiting for orders. Move E, S (tile N of Oak Ridge)

• Napoleton: Worker W waiting for orders. Mine tile.

• Geofront: Worker stack NE waiting for orders, clear jungle.

• City on a Hill: Worker S, SW waiting for orders. GOTO E, E of CoaH (worker clearing jungle.)

• Ubergorsk: Workers E waiting for orders. Mine tile.

• Ghengistown: Worker stack S, move (use J key! :P) NE, NE

• Ghengistown: Worker stack SE, move NE.

• Ghengistown: Worker stack N, move SE

• Timeline: Worker in timeline move SE, mine tile. Worker SE, mine tile. Extra worker in Timeline move E

• Chartres: Worker NE, NE, cancel orders. Move S.

• Chartres: Worker E, SE, move W. Clear jungle

• Port Rogue: Worker NE, build road.

• San Cortes: Worker stack SE. Build road.

• New York: Worker in NY, move S, mine tile.

• A-G-C: Worker stack N, build road.

650 AD

• Oak Ridge: Worker stack N, build road. 
                      • Chartres: Worker E, move SW, clear jungle.

• A-G-C:  Workers N, move NE

• Loveshack: Workers NE, mine, build road.

660 AD

• City on a Hill: Worker E, E, waiting for orders. Clear jungle.
                      • Ubergorsk: Workers E, move W, N,  clear jungle.

• Port Rogue: Join workers clearing jungle SE of Chartres.

• New York: Workers S, move to saltpeter tile, mine tile.

• A-G-C: Worker stack N, NE, mine tile.

670 AD

• Napoleton: Worker W, build road.

680 AD

• Macross City: Workers S, build road.

Last edited by WhiteBandit; October 18, 2002, 03:30.
                      First Civ3DG: 3rd and 4th Term Minister of Public Works. | Second Civ3DG: First Term Vice President | ISDG: Ambassador in the Foreign Affairs Ministry | Save Apolyton! Kill the Off-Topic Forum!

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
                      The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)

Comment

Ah double sh*t!!!

When did we do the map whoring?
                        If that was it, it will be more that a couple of SMC moves, won't it. It would involve the whole map whoring thing all over again.

Let me know if you need me to redo them. My date for tonight canseled so I just have a rented movie to watch by myself.
                        There was no map whoring done.

Comment

I wanted to do mapwhoring right before we stopped, but E_T didn't want to and it was kinda getting late. I was hoping to see if Rome discovered new land so we could be discussing it (read: using it as a distraction from the con).

Comment

OK. If that is the case, I will not redo it again.... [wipes sweat off brow]

Zeits post regarding disorder above is taken care of, so you can ignore it.

I have a meeting in the morning, and should be getting in to the office around 10:30 am (EST), so if you need anything email/pm me and I will do what I can to answer it. Otherwise, Apoc, I have full confidence in you to cover any more f*ck ups that I may make.

GF's list above looks right for the city names I changed. Feel free to change them as you like, no skin off my arse.

Thanks

GK

Comment

Anyway if a settler ever ends up on Uber it needs to found site A which currently has a road going through it.

That's it, that's all I have left. Imperial Expansion got most of its goals accomplished this last term.

Wow, I just figured it up and during the last term my office founded 13 cities. Before this term our civ had founded a total of 13 cities. So that means, of the cities our civilization has built my one little term is responsible for half our city sites.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by GhengisFarbâ„¢; October 17, 2002, 19:38.

Comment

If the budget is approved, that settler will be purchased on turn two, and in place around turn 4. First build should be a temple. Thanks for catching me and helping GF

Comment

Working...
                                X