X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MWIA says it best!

Originally posted by WhiteBandit
    Definitely MWIA.

And oh yes, and do not forget. I love you all.

WhiteBandit, if you want you can have your old job back.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePlagueRat
      And to Apocalypse:
      Were your speeches good role-play-speeches,
      or strategics basically?

I just try to figure out some tendencies...
      First, the election was between me, skywalker and two DIA people. It was a mid term election because civman2000 (DIA) had to leave.

I was the first to make a speech in the election thread. One person made a comment about how the science minister would have to fight for funding since the budget was currently at 10%. Timeline, the leader of the DIA, asked if anyone would be alright with the budget at 10%. I made a speech about how I really wouldn't mind the budget at 10% until we build some libraries. This made Timeline happy and he voted for me. When you get the leader of the DIA to vote for you and two of the opponents are DIA, it is a pretty easy victory, especially if the third guy is skywalker.
      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

After the first term, its safe to say Skywalker was doomed to never have a chance at winning an election.
        Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

his fate was all do to his behavior in one turn chat.
          Duddha: I will return...
          Arnelos: ... and the civilizied world shudders ...
          "I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or Duder. His Dudeness. Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing..."
          Free California!

Comment

Re: Re: MWIA says it best!

Originally posted by GhengisFarb

WhiteBandit, if you want you can have your old job back.
            Hah, I thank you for the offer Ghengis! But I will turn it down, this is a fair election after all!. If I really want it, I'll just run for it next term!

Originally posted by Ninot
            After the first term, its safe to say Skywalker was doomed to never have a chance at winning an election.
            The only reason I ever originally ran for public works was to keep skywalker out of office, or at least try. In fact, it was a fairly close race for about the first day and then skywalker became angry that someone would challenge him so he dropped out.

And here I am, two terms later still running for offices!

Regarding my disappointing showing in this election, I do realize I made some rather long winded "speeches" and most people probably skim or run right through those. That and I am fairly a new person, so perhaps my experience doesn't seem up to par in the scheme of things.

Of course I recently remembered more I could have contributed to my campaign. The "big guns" as I would have called them.

Does anyone recall the debates we had when we first discovered the edge of Uber Isle and wanted to send a settler over there? I "lead" (so to speak) the opposition against exploring Uber Isle at that point in time, and to instead settle the Iron deposits near present day Ubergorsk. Grungingly, people came around to the idea and we were able to beat the Persians to it by only 1 turn (they settled a tile the turn after we did and would have had the iron). Had Ubergorsk not been settled, we would be in a much different situation than we are today.

Persia would have had iron, which means immortals. We would have been rather out of luck. (Granted no one could forsee this, but had we focused on Uber Isle, I think that is the only part of the world that us Apolytonians would be left on).

Reference thread:

DOH! Too late to campaign now though (and I probably sound like a pretentious ass!) , but dammit! Well I will definitely see everyone next time! But it was extremely fun to run against everyone. Congratulations are in order for MWIA and Ninot, thanks guys!
            First Civ3DG: 3rd and 4th Term Minister of Public Works. | Second Civ3DG: First Term Vice President | ISDG: Ambassador in the Foreign Affairs Ministry | Save Apolyton! Kill the Off-Topic Forum!

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
            The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)

Comment

WB too bad you thought of that just now!

hmm....and inquiring minds would like to know... what happened to Skywalker anyway?
              Last edited by Meshelic; October 16, 2002, 05:15.
              Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
              Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

re Skywalker. His computer time got restricted when the school year arrived.

WhiteBandit, you are doing good. Stick around.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePlagueRat

Ok, ain't got the time now myself either.
                  Otherwise I could have written an article about the election and sent it to you.
                  If you are to write some one day, I got some tips for you:
                  Try to be critical (to me as well) and analyze how voters seem to act , and how candidates perform (e.g. in their campaigns)

And to Apocalypse:
                  Were your speeches good role-play-speeches,
                  or strategics basically?

I just try to figure out some tendencies...
                  You think you can write something for the Saturday edition? I am going to be busy and asking for help again anyway, and the election results will be in, it would kind of fit...
                  One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                  You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Has anyone seen MrWIA recently?
                    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Re: Re: Re: MWIA says it best!

Originally posted by WhiteBandit

Regarding my disappointing showing in this election, I do realize I made some rather long winded "speeches" and most people probably skim or run right through those. That and I am fairly a new person, so perhaps my experience doesn't seem up to par in the scheme of things.
                      You give long-winded speeches?
                      Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                      Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                      7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Ha that's true. I think Arnelos takes the cake for longest speeches!
                        Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
                        Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx

Has anyone seen MrWIA recently?
                          OOOOOHHHH! That's nasty! I can always tell people that I live nowhere near this SW freeway. In fact I can only assume that highway is in the US.. and where am I from everyone..?

Thanks everyone for the greatest elections in history, and certainly the best Presidential election by a long shot. In my mind this was closer than the results seem to show - Ninot, an old hand at the game, and a legend in his won right. It is an HONOUR to even seriously have a chance against you. Who better was there to beat out the immortal Trip for the second Presidency of Apolytonia? Thanks for everything so far, Ninot, and I am sure we will all be thanking you again in future for more distinguished service to the Nation. And I expect you to point out all of my upcoming mistakes.

And WhiteBandit - a towering pillar of our Kingdom and now of our enlightened Republic. Your speeches (the ones I read fully ) WERE excellent, and I think if you'd managed to condense all those great posts into one or two hard-hiitng ones, you'd have been an absolute shoo-in (sp?). I am happy to have voted for you and would have enjoyed having you as President. I hope you have learned a lot about the Presidency just from campaigning, and next time you will come back and lead us towards victory.

To both and to all - I hope I will not disappoint in leading the new Government. As ever, any and all advice will be much appreciated, and - you have a question? My PM box is almost always not completely full, so gimme a bell should you need help or want to offer it.

I go now to catch up on our nation's news from the last few days, and prepare for the next turnchat, er, whenever it is.
                          /me goes looking for the turnchat thread
                          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                            Thanks everyone for the greatest elections in history, and certainly the best Presidential election by a long shot. In my mind this was closer than the results seem to show - Ninot, an old hand at the game, and a legend in his won right. It is an HONOUR to even seriously have a chance against you. Who better was there to beat out the immortal Trip for the second Presidency of Apolytonia? Thanks for everything so far, Ninot, and I am sure we will all be thanking you again in future for more distinguished service to the Nation. And I expect you to point out all of my upcoming mistakes.
                            Well you deserve it MWIA. The nation has its trust in you. i hope they chose wisely

btw, i still think my election with Trip is the best all time.
                            Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Well if you like CONTROVERSY it is.

Then again, it was pretty cool seeing the balance swing hour after hour.
                              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I have to disagree with Ninot. His election with Trip was the most exciting of all times, no doubts about. But this one is the most civilized and respectful of all. We saw candidates voting one another! THIS is civilization.
                                Btw, congratulations to all of you guys, and for MWIA, one of the most popular presidents of our history.
                                RIAA sucks
                                The Optimistas
                                I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Working...
                                X