Election: Foriegn Affairs (term 5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Election: Foriegn Affairs (term 5)

Who should deal with the "others". A job requiring alot of organization and effective planning.

Candidates
    Nimitz (DIA)
    Togas (Independent)

closes in 5 days

Campaign thread
    Nimitz
    22.22%
    Togas
    77.78%
    Abstain
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by OPD; October 12, 2002, 12:11.
    Are we having fun yet?

no contest here. it appears that way to all 5 other voters too.

Comment

Togas is the man for the job!
      For your photo needs:
      http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

Togas. Even though I find him a bit of a jerk, he's still a damn good minister, and he's independent, which also helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkness' Edge
          Togas. Even though I find him a bit of a jerk, he's still a damn good minister, and he's independent, which also helps.
          It sounds like what you're saying is that he's a jerk, but he's our jerk.
          Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
          Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
          7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

The independent candidate gets my vote every time.
            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Funny, because I think there are realistically only about 8-12 Hawks (somewhere in there), and 10-15 DIA members, and that leaves a huge amount of people who may decide to vote only independent. Remember folks, just because someone belongs to a party doesn't mean they are guaranteed to be voted for through party lines. This is a good example here in this poll.

FRustrated - I prefer to actually read the debats before I vote for someone, regardless of what party he's from.
              Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
              Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

Originally posted by Meshelic
                Funny, because I think there are realistically only about 8-12 Hawks (somewhere in there), and 10-15 DIA members, and that leaves a huge amount of people who may decide to vote only independent. Remember folks, just because someone belongs to a party doesn't mean they are guaranteed to be voted for through party lines. This is a good example here in this poll.

FRustrated - I prefer to actually read the debats before I vote for someone, regardless of what party he's from.
                A fine post, Meshelic. Parties have become a lot less active nowadays and are more about informal groups than the party wars we used to see. Most of the candidates running under a party banner have more than proven themselves in the forum independent of their party
                Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I miss the old days when duelling party machinery ran the government.
                  Duddha: I will return...
                  Arnelos: ... and the civilizied world shudders ...
                  "I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or Duder. His Dudeness. Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing..."
                  Free California!

Comment

Originally posted by Duddha
                    I miss the old days when duelling party machinery ran the government.
                    Well that's ONE of you.
                    Consul.

Comment

I think parties are a healthy part of our nation. I'm disappointed at the lack of interest in that system, however.
                      Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
                      Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

I think some of my unscrupulous bureaucrats destroyed all the Party HQs when I was last President.

I had no knowledge of this, of course......
                        Consul.

Comment

Working...
                        X