Election: Imperial Expansion (term 5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Election: Imperial Expansion (term 5)

Who gets to have the coolest sounding job.

Candidates
    Meshelic (Hawk)
    Jonny (Independant)

This poll closes at 1500 GMT on the 17th

Campaign Thread
    Meshelic
    30.43%
    Jonny
    57.97%
    Abstain
    11.59%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by OPD; October 12, 2002, 12:00.
    Are we having fun yet?

wow, close so far!

mesh will do the banana proud if you vote for him

Comment

Vote for me!
      Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
      Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

Jonny, for his amazing persistence .

Comment

I'm still surprised I pulled in as many votes as I did, I was expecting to lose by a great margin.

Comment

Deleted, after it was read by the person it was addressed to.
            Last edited by Harovan; October 13, 2002, 19:45.

Comment

Thanks to everyone who has voted for me so far.

Comment

Well I understand I'm still the new guy, and I knew Jonny has more of a history here than I. ...But Sir Ralph, I daresay your explanation is probably going to kill me even more, since now Jonny has the pity of the masses.

Comment

ouch!

Comment

Ouch again!

Comment

Originally posted by Meshelic
                      Well I understand I'm still the new guy, and I knew Jonny has more of a history here than I. ...But Sir Ralph, I daresay your explanation is probably going to kill me even more, since now Jonny has the pity of the masses.
                      Seniority is not a virtue, but persistence really is (or can be).
                      Statistical anomaly.
                      The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Well it's at this time that I concede my defeat to Jonny. I feel I had a good run at it (those first two days had me convinced I might have a chance, it was like 14-10 in my favor earlier if I remember clearly)

But Jonny obviously has the experience and the trust of our citizens, and I believe he has what it takes to do the job. Congratulations Jonny, I know you'll do very well!

I command a victory celebration to be thrown on my yacht harbored in Tassagrad for my opponent, Jonny, who by all accounts ran a fair and decent campaign. So let's break out our famed Apolyton wine and drink to our country, and to the victor, may he fulfill his promises and serve our nation with honor!

Comment

Well done Jonny! I have seen at least 2 campaigns by for before, and you are living proof that with a sound candidate, persistence pays off. Man, this Cabinet is getting better with every election poll I look at.

And Meshelic, remember that you put on a strong showing. jonny has shown that if you can do the job, you get it sooner or later. Come back next time and you'll make me happy.
                          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Thank you to everyone who voted for me, and thank you to my opponent Meshelic for running a good race.

Meshelic, perhaps you would like to be my deputy minister?

Comment

Jonny give me a few days to think about it. Other issues are calling me but I will definetely consider it.

Comment

Working...
                              X