Report for 490 - 530 AD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report for 490 - 530 AD

This is a preliminary Report of the events that occured in tonights turnchat. I'll leave it up to BFM to give you a more detailed Report.

The Short War is over, almost as soon as it began. After a heavy resistance, the Aztecs have taken Boston. New York, on the other hand, is now a proud member of our Great Nation. We are now at Peace with everybody, for now.

The Greeks, English & Russians now have Gunpowder. Rome, Germany & England have Banking. England also has Astronomy. We purchaced 3 Workers from the other Civs, 2 from Greece for 47 Lytons and 1 from Babylon for 24 Lytons. We also purchaced WM (in 520 AD) from Rome, Greece, England & the Aztecs for a total sum of 12 Lytons. Rome is the leader in exploring the seas, but England has the shallow water channel just to the east of Warwick. England will be the one to watch, because they might make contact with the lost Civs first.

We are on the brink of changing to the new Government of Republic and several Improvements where rushed in anticipation of this event. We leave it to our President to make the actual change, depending on the feelings of our citizens wishes.

E_T
    Last edited by E_T; October 11, 2002, 10:49.
    Come and see me at WePlayCiv
    Worship the Comic here!
    Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Sounds like everything went fairly well other than the Aztecs getting Boston. I look forward to the switch to Republic

(Sorry I wasn't there - not that I'm in the government yet - had a church meeting at the exact same time)
    Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Bostons "heavy resistance" is an understatement. One Spearmen defeated the Aztec Horse Army, killed a regular horse and fought back a Knight.

When we attacked, that damn Spear killed one of our knights and fought another one back.

The city fell the nect turn to Archers. Go figure.
      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Well done guys a tru group effort. The next chat will go alot smoother I prominse from what I gather apoc carrierd on for a while after I left untill aggie showed up????
        Are we having fun yet?

Comment

If someone has some screenies, I would apreciate them...
          One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

It's a pain having to do a report just after taking a chat. Please bear with us.
            Attached Files
            Are we having fun yet?

Comment

Originally posted by OPD
              It's a pain having to do a report just after taking a chat. Please bear with us.
              And it was 3 AM EDT when I wrote it, too.... But I thought that the information was too important to wait.

E_T
              Come and see me at WePlayCiv
              Worship the Comic here!
              Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Boston was very close too. The archer that finally took it was the last one left and was down to 1hp when it won.
                But at least the delaying action gave us a chance and that was all we could ask for in that situation. The settler on his way between Washington/Boston is well on his way. I suspect we saw "super"spear in Boston.
                Also the fenchies are moving speare across out territory. Now we aren't in attack positon yet but the second our knight army is ready and either Joan or lizzy puts troops on our land we should tell them leave or declare war. Also on all forces are now moving to their designated "garrison areas", when war seems near we will rush the other knight forces to the potential area.
                Aggie
                The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

What did we get from the Aztecs for joining their war with America?
                  1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                  Templar Science Minister
                  AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

16 gold and a WM
                    Are we having fun yet?

Comment

We also got Washington. If we hadn't jumped in, the Atzecs would have gotten it.

Shouldn't we be conquering the two towns north of arabela before we go to republic?
                      Last edited by realpolitic; October 11, 2002, 13:18.

Comment

Aztecs own Washington.

We took New York.
                        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                        Templar Science Minister
                        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
                        X