UNofficial Early Presidential Campaign Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arnelos
    Personally, though I wasn't there for any previous nastyness, I don't really see the harm. Most pre-polls are so thoroughly meaningless that's really nothing more than an amusing distraction
    Spam by definition.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I'd also urge people not to vote in this.

I guess it is your own right, as opinion polls are conducted IRL every single day. But in a small atmosphere like our own nation, I think finding out something like this beforehand could in fact taint the polls on election day.
      First Civ3DG: 3rd and 4th Term Minister of Public Works. | Second Civ3DG: First Term Vice President | ISDG: Ambassador in the Foreign Affairs Ministry | Save Apolyton! Kill the Off-Topic Forum!

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
      The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)

Comment

Exactly.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

The official poll on this topic, for convenience...

Arnelos, it has just generally been frowned upon, not forbidden. For instance, what if your poll shows a landslide for one candidate? People may drop out, others may feel their vote was in vain and vote differently for real. These are an example of things that work in RL, but are not generally good in this circumstance.
          One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Well, my apologies then. I honestly was not fully aware of the apparent bad history with pre-polls to the extent that many of you seem to find even polling to be a cardinal sin or something....

If it is such a cardinal sin, why is it not either:

1. Illegal
            2. At least somewhere stated very publicy that people strongly dislike it.

I've been adding things to a mental list of stuff that is to be found nowhere but everyone seems to simply assume that everyone knows... this now goes on my mental list... (and apparently both UnOrthOdOx and myself see the need for a new member FAQ, so perhaps we could end up working together on it).

As for the pre-polling, if it really pisses everyone off that much, I will certainly refrain from it in the future. My apologies for pissing everyone off, I honestly couldn't have known that polling, an activity enshrined as near to sacred in the constitution, was so strongly disliked when it came to elections.

Thank you
            Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
            Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
            7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Things slip by...

As stated, enough are FOR it that an amendment making it ILLEGAL would not garner the 2/3 needed.

It would do you good to look over the 'official poll archive' section of the directory to help you in that mental list. The Court also uses official polls to guage legality of items, and it is good reading for any potential Minister or Executive.
              One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Working...
              X