Supreme Military Commander Campaign Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supreme Military Commander Campaign Thread

i thought it'd get a few jaw drops if i started this thread.

so you candidates (aggie), discuss.
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Wow.

You got my jaw dropped .

-- adaMada
    Civ 3 Democracy Game:
    PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
    Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

Yes, Aggie...

How do you respond to propoganda from your opponents that you plan to use your position as Supreme Military Commander to overthrow the legitimate government and declare yourself "Emperor Aggie I"?
      Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
      Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
      7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

First I'll answer Arnelos. Emperor Aggie I ??????. Hmmm I like the sound of that. You did notice that I am holding the chat tomorrow. Could this be a dry run for other things? But as of now I have no desire to replace the elected government, though to be honest until the presidential race became so crowded it did cross my mind. Of course it might become necessary to put the government in "protective custody" if their lives are threatened. But rest assured in such a situation they would communicate through me and the nation would continue normally and our carts would run on time.
        Now to my policy.
        1. I want us to build more offensive and defensive units, in that order. I also desire that boats be built and sent to the 4 corners of the world to help us expand our knowledge of the world.
        2. We need to always pay attention to the world around us and be ready to take advantage of opportunities that will occur. For example if the english cross our borders after we have an army ready we tell them to GET OUT OR DECLARE WAR. Maybe they will and we can attack them with no rep hit. Same with the French, they seems to think Macross is still theirs, the way they moves troops across. Additionally wars will break out and we should take advantage of them. To do this we MUST have a 20 knight force ready. For example if aztec or greece attack germany we could get the greek salient between macross and chiquita or we could get part of germany or get the old american cities from the aztecs AND improve relations.
        3. I am planning for 2 possible conflicts immediately and 2 more when we get calvary. These conflicts are England,France then Greece,Germany, just remember EFG. We will at NEED at least one of these to get a GA so get ready for them(Hey don't look surprised, Togas basically said, correctly, that a no vote on the GA guarenteed war in 20 or so turns). We can even throw the aztecs in for good measure.
        Aggie
        The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie
          First I'll answer Arnelos. Emperor Aggie I ??????. Hmmm I like the sound of that. You did notice that I am holding the chat tomorrow. Could this be a dry run for other things? But as of now I have no desire to replace the elected government, though to be honest until the presidential race became so crowded it did cross my mind. Of course it might become necessary to put the government in "protective custody" if their lives are threatened. But rest assured in such a situation they would communicate through me and the nation would continue normally and our carts would run on time.
          (shrug) Sure, you sound like an honest guy to me

Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
          Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
          7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

While no one would run against Aggie (Who would want to? *Challenger* I will win every conflict we encounter. *Aggie* I already have.), the Nomination Threads are good place to submit questions to your elected officials.

Since we recieve the majority of our tech through conquest.

a) Do you think we have to be in a state of "perpetual" warfare to to have a military with equal or superior technology?

It is only time until we are attacked again by a coalition of our nearest rivals.

b) What type of defensive infrastructure do you want to put it place (strategic level) to be prepared for the possibilities of the future? If things go bad, what are we willing to lose?

Comment

Re: Supreme Military Commander Campaign Thread

Originally posted by UberKruX
              i thought it'd get a few jaw drops if i started this thread.

You got my hopes up for an election fight like never before.
              Are we having fun yet?

Comment

hi ,

UBER , you really should come back , even if its for one term , .....

the armed forces are in a bad shape , production is next to nothing , and money , well there is none left to buy new guns and ammo , ....

so uber , please , run and if you loose , well just take power ! ( the chance that you shall loose is about 1.29%)

have a nice day
                - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

ahhh panag is one of my oldest comrades
                  "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
                    ahhh panag is one of my oldest comrades
                    hi ,

pssst , dont tell , some people might hang you for that , .....

now , our military shall have serious problems in the future , unless we start to build our cities , and we need techs , so that we always have the advantage , .....

and would some one please build a fleet , ....

and disband those old units when building new units in the same city , so that we have those shields , or disband them while building a city improvement , ....

last but not least , we need a strong leader , .....

have a nice day

PANAG > sends uber 20 crates of banana to stage a coup de etat
                    - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                    - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                    WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Both Uber and Aggie have been very successful SMC leading troops armed with pikes and swords. The technical innovations coming such as gunpowder will necessitate some radical changes in tactics; is it intended to send them back at the War school until they get a degree in modern warfare ?

They certainly should also take a course on new social concerns regarding the behaviour of the military in time of war. Conducts which were in the past tolerated (if not encouraged) are now subject to a tight scrutiny by new institutions like the Red Cross intending to apply new laws of war enacted in treaties like the Genève Convention. For some reasons they take for not legal to kill military prisonners, as well as civilians, even wounded, let alone destructions and looting.

I consider an humanitarian duty to help our old generals to adapt themselves to those new and quite difficult conditions prevailing in the military business.
                      Statistical anomaly.
                      The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

i'm not running, just to clarify.

Comment

Davout I have heard of the thing called the geneve convention, I will follow no guidlines that endanger our valiant forces. If people want to arrest me for war crimes they'll have to beat our glorious armies first. Remember very rarely are winners(especially generals) tried for war crimes. Additionally I have no knowledge of apolyton being a signature and thus I am not bound by those rules. In the end the Banana is the true judge.
                          Aggie
                          The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Aggie,

My point was that it would be useful for you to learn those new regulations to have them applied to our enemies.
                            Statistical anomaly.
                            The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

That makes sense, so we can try alex and joan for war crimes, great idea. We must not tolerate immoral war by our enemies.
                              Aggie

Comment

Working...
                              X