Minister of Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minister of Information

I would suggest to create a position of "Minister of Information". The task of this person would be to keep the people of Apolytonia informed at all times about the state of the game.

FYI: This would be a new job. I posted this also in the Election Nomination Thread.

I nominate myself for this position, if it were created. I have some experience in creating comprehensive reports :-)

What do you think? Should such a position be incorporated in the new government ..?
    Greatest moments in cat:

It certainly can be difficult to get into the game and find out what is going on, and also to track down chat-times, saves and reports, despite the topping of threads and the directory.

All of these things take a lot of work, and probably the exec and ministers who may have some responsibility, or just volunteer, are maxxed out with the day-to-day stuff.

I think this is a good idea, as long as the distinction between this role and the press is made clear. Does the constitution need to be amended to create the post?

Comment

Fergus,

I think the constitution indeed needs to be amended to create the post UNLESS it is a post underneath an existing elected minister (such as the variuos vice-ministers).

I agree with the idea for this position and it would be different from the press in the following regard:

What BFM is suggesting is someone to do stuff like post turnchat logs, summarize the reports of all events during the turnchat, and stuff like that. This is something the gov't should be doing (and BFM has kindly been doing in part for it already). That information can then be used by anyone, including the Press, though more detailed information is certainly available if people have the time and will to go dig for it (which is what Unortho does anyway for the Gazette).

That's my thoughts on it, anyhow.
      Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
      Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
      7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

R/P
        In his continuous effort to keep his threatened power, the monarch is trying once again to put together a Ministry of Propaganda in charge of distorting or eliminating the truth in order to leave the citizens in total ignorance of all scandalous affairs daily initiated in the Palace. We can just hope that the Free Press will inform its readers of what is really behind the lies of the Minister.
        R/P

What BFM wants to do could also be achieved by a new private newspaper specialized in official news.
        Statistical anomaly.
        The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by DAVOUT
          What BFM wants to do could also be achieved by a new private newspaper specialized in official news.

. . . . . . . .

Um. well. What do I 'Specialize' in then . . . . . . My news is not official?

BFM is wanting to organize how things ARE reported, not make another report all together. It is an honorable task, actually, and one worthy of some attention. Amendment? We don't need no stinking amendment. Just start doing it. We can appoint you someones assistant, and charge you with such things.
          One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx

. . . . . . . .

Um. well. What do I 'Specialize' in then . . . . . . My news is not official?

BFM is wanting to organize how things ARE reported, not make another report all together. It is an honorable task, actually, and one worthy of some attention. Amendment? We don't need no stinking amendment. Just start doing it. We can appoint you someones assistant, and charge you with such things.
            I was thinking of a kind of Official Journal publishing only texts issued under the heading of the legal institutions of the Empire, without all those comments, interviews, and testimonies which are so delighful in the Gazette.
            Statistical anomaly.
            The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

I have a few ideas concerning this from a presidential perspective although such a position would have to be unofficial.
              Are we having fun yet?

Comment

A small amount of my conclusion of my arguement in The Free and Easy Flow of Information :

Even for those who like to pump up their post count reading all the threads, a summary of minister's orders would be nice to get chats running well. And with the end of summer, we're also seeing more time constrained civic leaders.

I propose that some organization be formed ASAP to deal with this situation. Whether it be a government run affair, or an independent organization, and exactly how we're going to be able to pull this off, I leave up to my esteemed readers to comment and debate on.
                "The Enrichment Center is required to inform you that you will be baked, and then there will be cake"
                Former President, C3SPDGI

Comment

For my reports, it is very hard right now to find the appropriate info. I would like some "legal backup" to get the information from the governement. This would mean a legal obligation of the government to inform the People, made explicit by a Ministry of Information.
                  Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

Working...
                  X